• Published 27th May 2017
  • 765 Views, 56 Comments

Sweetie Belle's Short Stories - SweetAI Belle



A small collection of drabbles, flash fics, and short stories.

  • ...
3
 56
 765

The Apple Jack

Sweetie Belle put down her book reluctantly. All this talk of future technology and cyberpunk and such was fun, but she really should get back to writing. What would it be like with a high-tech future like that coming to Ponyville, though? She could almost see it...


I jacked in, let my eyes settle. Ear twitch here and here, and I was there. Orange’d pay good for Apple intel, and if family was hurt, what of it? A cred was a cred.

The ice on the site was bog-standard. Fine if you weren’t expecting trouble, but there was always another corp around the corner, and a good decker could find a way to make a profit.

A standard ice-breaker did the trick. Saw a flash, but nothing showed on a scan. Easy as pie.

The maze beyond was trickier and a mind was behind the attacks, but I still broke through to—

Nothing? Faint laughter. A trace!

I cut the connection, looked at my empty account, and swore. A message blinked.

“Too slow, Babs! You need creds, come visit your family sometime, hmm?”

I guess now I’ll have to.

Author's Note:

This was actually an entry for the July 2018 Flashfic contest. The prompt was "What Were You Thinking?"