• Published 27th May 2017
  • 765 Views, 56 Comments

Sweetie Belle's Short Stories - SweetAI Belle



A small collection of drabbles, flash fics, and short stories.

  • ...
3
 56
 765

Missteps

Looking at her prompt list, it seemed that "I Was Blind (But Now I See)" was next on the list.

She thought speculatively. All in all, not being able to see well must be a pain. She wondered how Silver Spoon dealt with it...


I peered forward at the vast array of blurry shapes ahead.

“Are we just about there?”

“We’re right at the mall now! Just go forward through that hallway…”

A pink leg pointed at a blur ahead. I nodded, and headed towards what quickly resolved itself into a wall.

“No, the hallway!”

“I can’t see, alright?”

“Well, I didn’t mean to step on your glasses!” An exasperated sigh came from beside me. “Here.”

“Eep!” I couldn’t see the stares as I was dragged forward, but they were undoubtedly there. Fortunately, we must not have been that far as I was plopped down in front of a familiar door. I gratefully pushed it open.

“Ah, Miss Spoon?” A familiar voice called out. “I was expecting you. Let us see about the fit, no?”

As the world resolved into crystal clarity, I resolved never to go without a spare pair of glasses again...

Author's Note:

This was from the March 2019 Flashfic contest, with the prompt listed above!