• Published 2nd Aug 2012
  • 1,551 Views, 8 Comments

Pyrophobia - Valorousspectre



Actors, Fashion, Carousel Boutique, Jealousy, Ponies on stage? And a wedding naturally.

  • ...
5
 8
 1,551

A Visit to the Mayor

Chapter 2: A Visit to the Mayor.

Gray was in a room in a motel for travellers just outside of town. It wasn’t extravagant, but it was adequate. He’d lived in worse situations before. He lay on his bed, careful to not muss his mane or tail. He was thinking back to something Rarity had said outside the boutique after he’d left. She’d run out, her beautiful purple mane bouncing and told him to see the mayor for a job. He was more than seriously considering it, seeing as the mayor was the only one who could put on any sort of show. It was late afternoon and was approaching evening and Gray was thinking about ordering some food. He looked at the small enchanted bell next to his bed and smiled.

~*~

Rarity was walking Fluttershy home from their day at the spa and Rarity was talking about Gray.

“He simply loved his new style! Oh, and he told me that he came from Fillydelphia and that my works were better than those up there!”

Fluttershy smiled.

“It’s good to see you’ve met somepony nice Rarity... Which reminds me... Is the earring finished?”

Rarity grimaced.

“I’m sorry Fluttershy... It was too complex for my meagre skills so I had to contract a metalsmith... He’s late now... I’m going to
talk to him tomorrow ok?”

Fluttershy shook her head.

“No, it’s ok Rarity... There’s still a few months left before the wedding... No need to rush.”

Rarity smiled gratefully at her friend.

“Thank you Fluttershy. That takes a lot off my chest.”

They’d arrived at Fluttershy’s cottage. Demonheart stood within the doorway, smiling. His silky voice permeated the air.

“Hello Shy... Rarity.”

Fluttershy nuzzled him affectionately and Demonheart kissed her forehead in welcome. He looked at Rarity.

“Who... Who was that unicorn you were... uh... talking to earlier today?”

Rarity smiled graciously.

“That was Gray my dear. He wanted his mane and tail styled.”

Demonheart nodded. That matched what he’d heard from the change rooms.

“Looks like you have another customer...”

Rarity nodded, her eyes drifting away as another thought filled her head. She was brought back to earth by Demonheart’s voice.

“You might want to go home now Rarity... Sweetie Belle would be returning soon...”

Rarity gasped. She’d clean forgotten about that. She made a quick goodbye and raced back to the boutique... in a ladylike fashion of course. But then, Rarity was one of those ponies who could walk into a hurricane and walk out unscathed and perfect. Thus was the case when she arrived at the boutique just before Rock Ranger came into view with Sweetie Belle walking alongside him. Rarity, slightly out of breath, smiled at the two.

“Hello Sweetie Belle. How was the lesson?”

Sweetie Belle beamed at her sister, instantly answering the question. Rock Ranger nodded to Rarity.

“Miss Rarity.”

“Ranger.”

Rock Ranger gave Sweetie Belle a quick hug, spread his wings and shot into the air, his races with Rainbow Dash (which he never seemed to win) starting to show results. He flew away toward an easily seen cloud castle floating in the sky.

~*~

Gray was in the mayors’ office, waiting patiently for her to answer his request. He hadn’t thought it would have taken such a short amount of time to see her, thinking she’d have much more to do and too many important things to do to agree to see him that day. But here he was and he was determined. The mayor looked at the stallion.

“You want to open a stage here in Ponyville? A theatre?”

Gray nodded. The mayor paused.

“Well, if we make this you realise somepony will need to take responsibility for it?”

Once again, Gray nodded. This time it was Gray talking.

“I’d be happy to look after it ma’am. But I cannot build it on my own and I will need a loan to get the materials.”

The mayor looked at him closely.

“What will it be used for?”

Gray shrugged.

“Theatrical productions mainly. I hear you ponies often have parties as well. A theatre big enough with removable grandstands in place of fixed chairs could accommodate those as well.”

The mayor nodded thoughtfully.

“It could replace the old location for the summer sun celebration should we ever host it again... If we can build it right.”

Gray nodded.

“Do you have a planner? We can draw up the blueprints right now.”