• Published 30th Mar 2017
  • 1,302 Views, 6 Comments

Canterlot University - Akiteko



The girls continue their paths in life that leads them to university and adulthood, but something is amiss within their magical realms and a terrifying enemy approaches.

  • ...
7
 6
 1,302

Hi Guys, I'm Light Shimmer

A few hours and text messages later at Cafe Everfree.

Twilight Sparkle sat impatiently twiddling her hair as she waited for Sunset Shimmer to arrive with the important update.

"So this is getting a little intense right?....which usually means we're all gonna do something awesome together and kick some butt!" Rainbow Dash smiled as she pumped her fist.

"Wish I shared your enthusiasm Rainbow...b-but I like to know all the data p-possible for whatever problem arises first." Twilight Sparkle bit her bottom lip.

"Ah c'mon ya'll, as long as we're together there ain't a'much we can't do." Applejack smiled as she drank her coffee and took one of Rarity's biscuit.

"I'm going to agree with AJ darlings...we have been tasked many a time before and have come out on top at every hardship." Rarity announced as a matter of fact.

"Erm guys like? here they come." Sonata Dusk announced as Sunset Shimmer in hand with a skipping Pinkie Pie came through the door to the cafe.

"Who's the new girl?" Questioned Rainbow Dash as Fluttershy walked in followed by Light Shimmer.

"Ah think that's Stone Hammer ya'll." Applejack gave her glasses a quick clean as Sunset Shimmer and her group arrived at the table.

"Hey guys...we've a little catching up to do." Sunset Shimmer explained with a smile as Light Shimmer stood next to her quietly.

"As always, my Sunny is understating it...there is so so so much to talk about..." Pinkie Pie began to roll on as Sunset Shimmer smiled and let her start the explanation.

As Sunset and Pinkie Pie continued explaining the events from last night and this morning to the rest of the girls, Twilight Sparkle watched Light Shimmer in amazement.

Light Shimmer was watching Sonata Dusk very carefully but all she had witnessed was a pretty girl that so far had payed no attention to Sunset Shimmer but just played with her dog.

"Is she always like this?" Light Shimmer whispered to Pinkie Pie as her gaze didn't leave Sonata.

"Yep! always always always." Pinkie Pie smiled who drank her hot chocolate as Light turned to face a creamed nosed Pinkie Pie.

"Like? Pinkie Pie you have...your nose is covered in cream." Sonata Dusk was suddenly sat next to Light Shimmer with a napkin for Pinkie Pie.

"By the realms!" Light Shimmer flinched a little as she had only taken her eyes of Sonata for less than a few seconds. "Erm...hello?" She struggled to talk to the siren who looked at her with a blank expression and beautiful big purple eyes.

"I like your hat." Sonata said as she smiled at Light. "So..like wow right..from what Sunset is saying you've had, like a pretty hard first few days here..." She engaged Light Shimmer in conversation proving she had been paying attention all along. "I can like relate to that, when me and my sisters first arrived we struggled to adapt to human life too."

"Your sisters?" Light Shimmer's eyes instantly narrowed.

"Yeah, like there are three of us here...Adagio and Aria are on their way..." Sonata Dusk smiled happily as the conversation instantly stopped and all girls looked towards her as Twilight Sparkle made a face-palm motion.

"Smooth Sonata...very smooth." Spike stated with a smile.

"WHAT!?" Sunset Shimmer quickly turned to Sonata then back to Twilight Sparkle. "When did you find out?"

"Just this morning...Sonata and her sisters have had a shared vision...which usually means a possible future." Twilight looked over at Sonata who slightly twitched at the memory of her vision.

"Three sirens could be problematic." Light Shimmer's cute facial features had changed to what Pinkie Pie had dubbed her "scary no BS look"

"Don't worry Light...me and my sisters are like, kinda bound to Twilight Sparkle since she restored our magic." Sonata Dusk placed her hand on Twilight's shoulder.

"Sirens bound to royalty!?" Light Shimmer's face soften. "It seems your royal Highness has an incredible power." She stated.

"Erm..no r-r-really it's just science...it was pretty simple really..." Twilight Sparkle began to explain.

"Darling, it was everything but simple." Rarity smiled at Twilight's modesty and gave her a side hug.

"Yeah...I still don't understand how you did it." Rainbow Dash shared with the rest of the group. "I mean you've explained it...more than once but I still just hear blah blah blah science, blah blah blah brainy stuff." she smiled.

"Well like, I've still got the chart if you wanna go over it again." Sonata smiled helpfully at Rainbow Dash.

"NO!" Came a chorus of Sunset, Applejack, Rarity and Rainbow Dash.

"The colors in the chart were pretty thou." Fluttershy whimpered quietly.

"Oookay. Guess it might have been a little m-more complex than I made out." Twilight Sparkle rubbed her arm shyly.

"Sonata Dusk." Light Shimmer stood up and extended her hand at her. "I require your aid."

"Yeah?" Sonata tilted her head and then looked at Twilight for reassurance.

"Go ahead Sonata, Light is here to help us after all." Twilight Sparkle looked intrigued. "But if you think about hurting her...I...I.."

"I will never hurt your Highness's friends..." Light Shimmer responded with a stern look and slightly offended that instantly shut Twilight up.

"Okay if you say so Twi." Sonata instantly turned to Light Shimmer full of confidence and took her hand.

In an instant green light engulfed both of them as Light Shimmer's hair became the same beautiful long green grass as before, then with a flash of light there was no Sonata Dusk within site. Light Shimmer slightly floated above the ground and looked around to the rest of the awestruck girls.

"Where is SONATA!" Twilight jumped up, slight fear in her voice.

"I'm like, here!" A voice called out to Twilight as a small indigo floating wisp made circles around a smiling Light Shimmer. "THIS IS AWESOME!" Sonata floated around Light with incredible speed. "Look how cute I AM!" Sonata didn't even try to mask her excitement. "So anyways..like what did you do?" She hovered next to Light's amused face.

"As a shaman I was taught to use many powers from our realm in order to strengthen me in times of need...I can now call on you when we go into battle." Light explained as another flash of light exploded again and Sonata was stood next to her completely normal again.

"There's something you don't see everyday...Sonata is now a fairy." Rainbow Dash stared at Light and Sonata in amazement.

"Does this mean you can do the same with Aria and Adagio?" Twilight Sparkle was back to her scientific mode as she examined Sonata.

"I'm okay Twi." Sonata reassured her.

"Sonata's sisters...especially Adagio are much more like the sirens you're used to." Sunset Shimmer said as she looked at Light.

"Adagio...Adagio Dazzle?" Light Shimmers face dropped and for a second you could see a human side to her not displayed before.

"Yeah that's her!...you know my sister? " Sonata seemed over the moon.

"You could say that..." Light Shimmer looked away from the group with slight embarrassment.

"Wait...no." Sunset Shimmer looked shocked for a second sensing her sister's feeling. "You knew each other, knew each other?" She smirked. "You're so full of surprises, sis." Sunset Shimmer found talking to Light this way very natural with only a second of pause as she questioned herself.

"It was a different life...different time." Light tried to dismiss it nonchalantly but realized no one was falling for it. "Don't tease!" Light responded to Sunset like a regular younger sibling. The rest of the girls watched the exchange in amusement, both Sunset and Light Shimmer seemed like siblings that had been together since birth and Sunset continued to tease a very vulnerable Light.

"C'mon you know I'm just teasing...I guess you like the bad girl thing." Sunset Shimmer gave Light a one arm nudge then realized they were confusing their friends. "Okay that was nice but strange." Sunset Shimmer realized how close her and Light had just been acting.

"Yeah..I guess that's the whole thing Etrium designed for us." Light Shimmer looked little confused then quickly focused. "But we have more important matters to attend to."

"So you both have memories of been together in childhood or something?" Twilight Sparkle questioned as she looked intrigued at both Light and Sunset Shimmer.

"Kinda...it's hard to describe." Sunset Shimmer mused. "I just feel incredibly close to her and an urge to protect her like you would to a younger sister."

"Hmm, the irony...that's definitely Etrieum's sense of humor...I'm the older one here!" Light huffed a little and crossed her arms as she resembled more her new age. "I guess this is his way of trying to keep me safe."

"Yep, yer definitely the young'en." Applejack shared as she nudged Rarity for her opinion.

"It seems that way darling...I mean you look around eighteen years old....if that." Rarity shared as she looked at Light and then Sunset.

"Hmm...and I'm starting to feel it too." Light Shimmer tried to compose herself.

"Okay guys me and Sunset have to shoot of to football practice." Rainbow Dash stood up and nodded at Sunset Shimmer.

"That's right..dammit I forgot..." Sunset Shimmer looked at Light "Are you gonna be okay on your own? Do you wanna go back to my dorm? Do you have any money for food?" She began to worried.

"Erm...I think I'll be okay Sunset...I can grow my food and everything you know." Light Shimmer teased as Sonata chuckled.

"She means literally too..." Pinkie Pie motioned magic coming out of her hands. "Mind...blown..." She made a slow explosion motion on her head.

"We got classes too guys." Twilight Sparkle looked at her watch. "Sonata would you stay with Light and show her around campus please?"

"Sure thing Twi...we will have lots of fun..." Sonata smiled as she stood up quickly.

"Please don't go to meet your sisters without us." Twilight Sparkle made sure that Sonata was listening.

"Oky-dokey." She responded as she grabbed Light Shimmer by the arm and began to drag her towards the door. Light's face was more confused than angry as she tried to wave at the group as Sonata dragged her away. "Ooh you're gonna love tacos...and crepes, crepes are the second best thing in the world..." She began to trail on about food as Light Shimmer just listening quietly.

"Well this will be amusing to watch...later guys." Spike quickly followed Sonata out. "And don't worry I'll keep them safe." He added.

"You think it was wise leaving Light with Sonata?" Questioned Fluttershy as she approached Sunset and Twilight. "I mean...Sonata is...well Sonata." She smiled.

"Erm I'm more worried about Sonata...Light can be quiet the handful." Sunset Shimmer said as a matter of fact.

"Sunset? how do you know this...you just met." Twilight Sparkle smiled amused and confused at Sunset's and Light's relationship.

"I dunno...I just know." Sunset said defeated. "Let's just take it as it comes guys...it's like I have memories of us together as children...but no images to go with them." She seemed confused and was growing a headache.

"Well she is becoming much more teenager like as time passes..." Twilight Sparkle thought back at yesterday's first meeting. "Are you happy with this situation?"

"Yeah...really happy...like I said, I don't understand it..but it feels right." Sunset Shimmer smiled at the thought of Light Shimmer. "I've kinda always wanted a little sister to pick on anyways." She chuckled.

"Oh god poor Light... this is just the beginning." Rainbow Dash laughed as she patted Sunset on the back letting her know it was time to go. "Go easy on her to begin with." She smiled.

"True, this has to be weirder for her...what, she was like an ancient being yesterday and now she is returning to mid-puberty...harsh." Giggled Pinkie Pie. "She'll be asking about boys soon...don't worry Light! big sis Pinkie Pie will help you!" Pinkie Pie jumped up and made a superhero pose.

"Riiight...the lesbian 'll teach'er about boys." Applejack chuckled.

"Ah yes....you make a good point there my dear AJ." Pinkie Pie was now holding a pipe and a Sherlock Homes hat as Sunset Shimmer let out a laugh.