• Published 30th Mar 2017
  • 1,302 Views, 6 Comments

Canterlot University - Akiteko



The girls continue their paths in life that leads them to university and adulthood, but something is amiss within their magical realms and a terrifying enemy approaches.

  • ...
7
 6
 1,302

We've known all along

Grand Hotel, Earth

Shadow Sun sat with the Sirens and Twilight in the hotel bar, he looked incredibly ragged yet completely composed.

“So the smoking never stops hey?” Asked Adagio as Shadow Sun light another cigarette only minutes after finishing the last one.

“I’m sorry...does it bother you...I can put it out if it does...” He deadpanned.

“It bothers me...” Twilight slightly coughed, Shadow Sun turned to the speckled nerd.

“Ah okay...erm...well...how about I move away a little...” He turned back to Adagio. “So as I mentioned before...we’ve been watching you all since the Fall Formal that Sunset Shimmer took over, contrary to your believe, your circle of friends isn’t the only problem my agency deals with.” He smiled as he inhaled his cigarette.

“Like...them things will kill you, you know Sunny.” Sonata sounded of as a matter of fact, Shadow’s eyebrows raised a little at the nickname before he took his deadpan poker face back.

“These and many other things.” He deadpanned at the blue siren. “But thanks for the advice.”

“If you excuse me, I need to use the facilities.” Smiled Twilight as she looked straight at Adagio.

“Right...good idea Twi.” Adagio stood up and together they walked off in the direction of the toilets.

Shadow Sun sat in silence as he stubbed his cigarette out and then looked at the two remaining sirens.

“I get this might be a shock to the both of you...but we’re going to have to work together from now on in order to stop Atlas, my agency has notice a massive influx of paranormal incidents in the Canterlot area and a huge decrease of activity everywhere else.” He crossed his arms and legs and leaned back on his seat. Aria couldn’t quiet place what seemed off about Shadow Sun, but she knew she loved the bad attitude he seemed to have to everything around him. “Something big is coming.”

“You don’t say.” Aria deadpanned back at Shadow who smirked for the first time as if he had been waiting for Aria’s attention. “What exactly do you bring to the table apart from a gun and sword.” his eyes seemed to glow with the challenge.

“Well my sword and gun saved your life tonight.” He smirked back as Sonata looked from Shadow to Aria and narrowed her eyes. “And by the way...that wasn’t the first time I’ve saved your life, Aria.” He concluded.

“What do you mean? you been following us around!?” She snapped a flare of anger in her eyes.

“Not following you no. I was ordered to keep an eye on the activities all your group set in motion after the battle of the bands...you where powerless for a while if you recall.” He reminded her. “Alleys are not a save place for young pretty girls that cant defend themselves without magic.” Aria raised her eyebrows in shock.

“You mean?” She instantly recalled the stranger in the long dust coat that had saved her from a armed mugger only weeks after the show. She had never seen his face nor had a chance to thank him as he had vanished as fast as he had taken out the mugger.

“Yes that was me.” His smile was warm for an instant. “All you girls have been my mission for a long time now...as a matter of fact I went straight to the Fall Formal as my first assignment coming out of the Academy, the upper guys thought you were a one off walk in the park...” He chuckled. “I knew better the minute Equestria was involved.” His speech was cut short by another coughing fit he tried to control as Sonata stood up quickly and went to him.
Aria watched as her sister tried to help Shadow Sun...he was the one...she had fantasized about meeting her rescuer for years, all the things she would say to him now completely forgotten, she didn’t know what to do or say for once in her life, she wanted to thank him and give him a big hug but now was not the time...maybe it wouldn’t ever come.

“Breathe...Sunny...breathe.” Sonata placed her hand on his back as he stopped and looked up at Sonata and she saw what she had suspected all along, she gasped a little and knew he had notice her discovery.

“Don’t...Sonata....please.” He whispered as he gently squeezed her hand, the nervous look on his deadpan face just reinforced Sonata’s theory.

“I...I...won’t say anything, I promise Sunny.” She composed herself as he sat up and and thanked her for both the concern and the request.


Adagio and Twilight stood in front of the bathroom mirror.

“There is something not right here...” Adagio remarked bluntly.

“I can’t place it...wish Sunset was here to read Shadow Sun...but something about him doesn’t add up...I mean he isn’t lying about who he works for or how they know about us...but there is something he isn’t telling us.” Twilight sat next to the large marble sink. “He looks so familiar too.” Twilight added.

“We must have gone to school with him or something.” Adagio puzzled. “But he seems to know a lot about what’s going on...and he did save our lives.” she arranged her curls as she looked at her perfect reflection.

“Yes that’s true...and to be honest I don’t think we can turn help away right now.” Twilight concluded as they both nodded at each other. “Glad to have you here you know.” She added as Adagio smiled back at her.

“You know the only reason I left in the firs place, Twilight Sparkle.” Adagio stepped closer to her and took her hands. “But I’ve always come back when you needed me.”

“Maybe we should get back to the table.” Twilight blushed as she gently stepped away from Adagio.

“Good point kiddo.” Adagio snapped as she lead them back out the door.

Twilight and Adagio rejoined the other three who now stood at the bar, drinks in hand they resembled old friends more than newly met acquaintances.

“Did we miss something.” Adagio whispered to Twilight who looked as confused.

“Here Adagio..” Shadow Sun gave her her favorite drink. “I know you love these.”

“Yes, it’s not weird how you know so much about us at all.” She mocked.

“Sorry kiddo but it’s a professional hazard of mine.” He smirked. “You know...agent an all.” he mocked back. Adagio smiled back honestly, she couldn’t help but like this guys attitude.

“Okay Shadow Sun, we decided that we can’t turn help away right now so we will work with you.” Twilight Sparkle spoke as Shadow handed her a coke and rum. “How...?” she questioned slowly.

“Funny thing Twilight I have been thinking the same thing since Stone Hammer arrived.” He dropped the bomb on them as they all looked in shock. “C’mon guys...I told you we know everything that is going on around here.” He deadpanned. “Let’s just treat each other on equal ground from now okay.” He added gently. “I have information and help you guys will be happy to get.” He smirked as he took a sip of his jack & Ice.

“Okay...so I guess you’re one of us now.” Aria smiled. “I mean...part of the team.” She composed herself quickly as Adagio raised an eyebrow.

“Hmm indeed...well for now I guess we can call it a night and have a couple of drinks.” Adagio relaxed as she raised her glass. “Here is to you Shadow Sun, thank you for saving my two useless sisters and my friend.”

“Oh jeesh Adagio, there is no need for that.” He smiled humbled. “Job or not I hate seen an unfair fight.” He lit a cigarette.

“Seriously thou the smoking.” Twilight shyly spoke. “Can’t be good for you.”

“At this stage...they kinda are.” He inhaled as they looked at him. “Oh sorry guys...I’ve lung cancer....” he deadpanned as the girls faces turned to horror. “There is nothing that can be done...five, six months at the max.” He’s voice simple and without any fear or regret.