• Published 30th Mar 2017
  • 1,302 Views, 6 Comments

Canterlot University - Akiteko



The girls continue their paths in life that leads them to university and adulthood, but something is amiss within their magical realms and a terrifying enemy approaches.

  • ...
7
 6
 1,302

The Shimmer Sisters In Equestria

Sunset Shimmer and Applejack's dorm room

Sunset Shimmer sat at the table alone as the two girls slept soundly, Applejack now back in her own bed while Light Shimmer lay on Sunset's bunk loudly snoring, Sunset smiled as she tried to relax her busy mind.
She was still digesting everything that had happened this past few days, all now seemed further in the past than it actually was. She no longer understood a life without her younger sister, she had always been there as far as she was concerned, Etrium's spell was complete and both girls shared a unbreakable bond. Twilight Sparkle had finally concluded it would be best to just treat Light as Sunset's little sister that had come live with her, she had a feeling their bond would be an important key to their conflict with Atlas Moon.

The Wretches that had attacked them two days ago had not come calling again since Light had dispatched them at the football grounds, yet students on campus had started to go missing. As for Light Shimmer, apart from using her magic to woo Sonata Dusk even more with little cute gestures of kindness, she had fully reverted to a regular teenage girl with a slight disconnected mentality to society due to her inexperience in modern day. She hadn't used her magic for anything but to create the food she ate and talk to animals.

The sirens had updated everyone at the cafe the very same night they had arrived, their news was something Sunset couldn't shake off, the image of her sister been completely destroyed by Atlas Moon haunted her more than it did Light it seemed. Adagio had explained that it was a mere vision not a prediction, this seemed put the group a little more at ease. No matter how annoying Adagio Dazzle was, Sunset Shimmer was happy to have all three sirens around now that they were all in danger. Princess Twilight had made contact to let her know no new information had been discovered about the cataclysm created by Stone Hammer and the Titans during the last battle, in return Sunset Shimmer had explained the emergence of Light Shimmer.

Princess Twilight Sparkle had instantly gained an interest in the Shimmer sisters magical relationship and asked them to come across the portal in order to see if she could investigate it a little more.

Sunset Shimmer walked to stand over her little sister who had started to stir uncomfortably and mumbling inaudible words, she watched her with love and then gently sat next to her and gently woke her.

"Sunset!" She instantly sat up and gave her sister a scared embrace, she was trembling and sweaty.

"What's a matter? you seem agitated." Sunset Shimmer held her tightly and rocked her gently.

"I'm gonna die aren't I." Light Shimmer's voice was voided of all fear, just plain and straight to the point, eyes filled with silent tears but also absolute resolution in them.

"No baby!" Sunset felt her heart tug really hard at the words. "I will never let that happen! we will protect you always." Sunset looked up to see Applejack sat at her bed looking back at them with a pained expression. Sunset motion Applejack to come to sit with them. The orange farm girl followed suit and as she joined the hug spoke gently.

"Ata girl, it'll be alright, ya'll see." She consoled Light and Sunset who seemed pretty worried at the thought of loosing her little sister. "Ah don' share the memories ya both do, but ya'll family to me now so ah won' stop protecting yah ever."

Light Shimmer wanted it to be okay, but she knew better, at least Stone Hammer did...the last loved ones that helped her ended up been destroyed. She knew she was designed as a weapon to stop Titans, she had been groomed from birth for it, she knew she wouldn't grow old with her lover, nor have children nor gently pass away in her sleep. This was her destiny, Thunder Sparkle had saved her from it once already and it seemed that it was just destiny, while she was around Titans would be too...this was her conclusion.
Light Shimmer's memories as of her past life and Stone Hammer still swam around in her head like small flashbacks of some other persons life trying to remind her of important past events.

"Can you call Sonata for me please?" Light asked as the three of them finally released their hug.

"Of course...just don't keep her awake too long...she's awful when she is tired..." Sunset Shimmer smiled at her younger sibling.

"She sure is...an' she falls asleep everywhere like a hen poaching eggs." Applejack smiled as she returned to her bed smiling.

"I just want to hear her voice." Whispered a shy Light.

"Why don't you just port over there?" Sunset Shimmer teased as Light seemed to muse at the idea.

"What time will ya'll be heading through the portal tomorrow?" Asked AJ as she sat cross legged on her bed.

"Princess Twi said around noon would be the best as they will all be waiting." Sunset Shimmer sat on her bed. "Please keep my diary with you at all times AJ, anything happens and you write me asap, we will be with you as fast as Light can port us." Sunset stressed at her best friend.

"Yeah yeah, dont'cha worry 'bout us...let's just see what Princess Twilight can figure out." AJ lay back on her pillow.

"Sonata says it's okay to go..." Light had joy back in her voice.

"Okay Lightness, make sure you're back for breakfast okay? I have no lessons tomorrow and would like to spend my time with you preparing until we go through the portal." Sunset Shimmer smiled. "Say hi to Sonata and Twi from us." She smiled as Light Shimmer created the usual flash of green light to teleport and was gone.

"Erm Sunset that's the first time she's sleeping at Sonata's dorm..." AJ deadpanned and then faked coughed as Sunset's smiled quickly faded and she reached for her phone to text Twilight to keep an eye on her sister and girlfriend. "Ouch being blocked by yer sister...that's evil Sunny." AJ laughed.

"I know! It's just...argh...I'm been overprotective again! she's old enough to do whatever she wants." She corrected herself and text Twilight another message telling her not to worry about it. Within a few seconds Twilight Sparkle replied telling her she wasn't home and was staying with Timber Spruce. Sunset Shimmer swallowed silently and then lifted the phone to AJ so she could read it.

"OOOH Sonata is in fer a night at the rodeo." Laughed AJ as she quickly raised her eyebrows cheekily.

"APPLEJACK JEEZ!" Sunset Shimmer shouted as she threw her pillow at AJ who caught it and began to pretend to make out with it.

"Oh Light...Like, please...more...right there....nearly there...nearly...oh LIKE, O.M.G!" AJ mimicked Sonata's dizzy voice in pleasure as she pretended to climax.

"You can be such an ass AJ!! I don't wanna hear that ewww!" Sunset Shimmer playfully covered her ears with her other pillow and threw herself face first onto her bed and both laughed until their stomach's ached.

Noon next day at Equestria's Castle of Friendship.

Sunset Shimmer caught her bearings as she stepped out of the portal to be back in her homeland, she had visited many times since she had become part of Princess Twilight's group of friends. She took a few steps forwards and loved the sound of her hoofs on the marble floor.

"Hey there Twi, you might wanna step back a bit." Sunset Shimmer smiled at a puzzled Princess of Friendship as a pink hoof popped from the portal, than another hoof before it was pulled back again and then suddenly Pinkie Pie was thought the portal with a jump as her curly mane sprang to life with a bounce.

"Oh wow...two of them..." Princess Twilight looked at Sunset with slight horror.

"Don't worry." Sunset Shimmer consoled her with a smile. "But she insisted in coming this time...and...erm I can't really say no to my special somepony..." Sunset Shimmer blushed as Twilight smiled at her.

Pinkie Pie hopped up to Twilight and gave her a huge hug before standing next to Sunset and nuzzling her.

"THIS IS SO AWESOME!!" She shouted exited as she examined her own body. "Oooh cutie mark!!!" She said as she saw her flank.

"Wait...that's not..." Sunset Shimmer caught the fact that her Pinkie Pie had a different cutey mark to her Equestrian counter part. The new mare Pinkie Pie had a drum kit and confetti on her flank.

"Guess that explains a lot really." the Princess of Friendship looked closely at Pinkie Pie's flank.

"Erm....sis I get that you love Pinkie Pie and all, but why are you all staring at her butt?" Came a voice from behind the three mares as Princess Twilight quickly turned expecting a site similar to that of Stone Hammer, instead there stood a short athletic looking young mare, same color as Sunset's fur with short red mane and the same facial features as that of a younger Sunset Shimmer.

"Stone Hammer?" Princess Twilight questioned as she looked at the young mare. "Wow...you really did change." She trotted closer to Light.

"Your Highness, it's an honor to be in your presence again, even if it is as a mortal." Light Shimmer bowed respectfully.

"Light Shimmer....the honor is still and will always be mine, your form may have changed but your deeds remain the same...and now I hear you're one of my closest friends sibling...that makes you part of my family too." Princess Twilight spoke in a much adult and royal manner than Sunset Shimmer and Pinkie Pie where accustomed to.

"Huh, you wont treat her with so much grace when you see her acting in a few moments..." Sunset Shimmer walked up to Twilight. "She is just a annoying little teenmare." Sunset teased as she nuzzled her younger sibling then helped her back up from her bow.

"Sunset...not in front of the princess." Light Shimmer gritted through her teeth embarrassed as she herself examined her new form. Princess Twilight tried to process Sunset and Light's interactions...they where so, for lack of a better word, real. Light Shimmer formerly Stone Hammer, probably the strongest magical power in all the realms was now a teenmare and younger sibling to one of her best friends. "This will take a little getting used too." She concluded with a smiled as she looked at the Shimmer sisters as they stood next to each other with a puzzled look, so similar that they look more like twins. "Okay...maybe it won't." Twilight added as she saw their resemblances.

"Ooooh...No cutie mark?" Pinkie Pie was next to Light Shimmer's flank.

"What? how is that possible?" Sunset Shimmer took a look for herself. "Wow...you late bloomer you." She teased.

"I don't think that is the case here Sunset." Princess Luna walked into the room, Light Shimmer instantly took a deep bow and this time pulled her sister down with her much to Sunset's surprise.

"Lightness!" Sunset pulled herself back up. "We don't bow like that around our friends!" She corrected the young mare and nuzzled her back to her four legs.

"But...Princess Luna..." Light seemed beyond embarrassed and her face was a bright shade of pink.

"Sunset is correct, Light Shimmer." Princess Luna smiled at her with a nod. "Thou is no longer a shaman nor watcher. You may do as you please....and I would love to be known as your friend." Luna's grace was magnificent as Light Shimmer blushed.

"Oh wow...look at you...amazing!" Pinkie Pie popped from behind Princess Luna as she examined the Alicorn's wings and beautiful dark blue sparkling mane.

"Pinkie Pie?...how erm...unexpected..." Luna looked at Sunset Shimmer with a raised eyebrow.

"It's a long story...." Sunset looked to the ground a little guilty.

"Hehe...you bet it is." Light Shimmer snickered with a nudge to her sister.

"It's okay Princess Luna, there's enough differences between our Pinkie and this one to be keep everything under wraps...as long as they don't see each other and cause mayhem." Princess Twilight mused.

"You can call me Diane Pie if it'll make it easier." Pinkie Pie was now standing next to her marefriend and wore big framed glasses and a baseball cap.

"Good idea...Diane." Light Shimmer said a little strangely. "That sound's strange....where did you find those glasses...and hat?"

"It sure does Andrea." Sunset Shimmer agreed with a smile.

"Ugh Sunset!" Light snapped as Princess Luna and Twilight chuckled a little.

"Weird right?" Twilight lean over to Luna.

"Agreed." Luna smiled. "But everything that's comes from magic has a reason to be." She concluded. "And by the by...where did Pinkie get them props from?"

"Erm don't ask...just never ask." Princess Twilight smiled as she looked at her friends.