• Published 30th Mar 2017
  • 1,300 Views, 6 Comments

Canterlot University - Akiteko



The girls continue their paths in life that leads them to university and adulthood, but something is amiss within their magical realms and a terrifying enemy approaches.

  • ...
7
 6
 1,300

The Realm Watchers

Afternoon at Cafe Everfree

"So...try this." Pinkie Pie gave Stone Hammer a hot chocolate with a extra whipped cream.

"Thank you, Pinkie Pie." She smiled as she looked at all of them who sat watching her with interest. "Is there anything ye like to ask me?" She smiled.

"Erm...you seem very calm for someone that has just woken up, traveled between worlds and changed shape." Rainbow Dash explained. "Just worried you are gonna randomly explode...not in a literal way...thou the thought cross my mind." She puzzled.

"I am a watcher of realms and shaman of the throne of elements, last time I watched over the earth...humans where a very young species...I may have never walked among you as you're now...but I wasn't born a Watcher." Stone Hammer recalled. "One was born a very similar species to you...just less evolved and much stronger. This is new to me but one take life one step at a time." She smiled.

"You know I can hear you trying to adapt your language to us...you don't have to do that." Smiled Sunset Shimmer as she placed her hand on Pinkie Pie's lap.

"I would like to...adapting is part of life." She smiled and leaned over to the roses on the table and rejuvenated them with a simple touch.

"That's beautiful...." Fluttershy beamed as Stone Hammer looked at her a little confused.

"Thank ye Fluttershy...you know...you look so much like your counterpart that I don't understand why I changed so much when I crossed over." She smiled and puzzled then searched around the room "Sonata Dusk was it?" She looked over at the dizzy girl. "Ye I know about...ye be the reincarnation of a malevolent Siren." Stone Hammer narrowed her eyebrows a little.

"Yeah...how did you know...and what's reincarnation?" She said as she tilted her head to Twilight Sparkle.

"She's gained my trust Stone Hammer...many times over." Twilight Sparkle spoke.

"Then she shall have mine...highness." She slightly bowed her head.

"Oh...no, I'm not a princess..." Twilight Sparkle giggled a little.

"That not be true, ye may not posses the title of one....but ye has the royal blood and soul that makes a princess." Stone Hammer made Twilight Sparkle blush and all around nodded in agreement making Twilight Sparkle blush even more.

"Do you know which Titan could Princess Luna's vision have seen?" Asked Sunset Shimmer as she looked at Stone Hammer.

"Not yet...but one will find out once I get back to my watchtower..." She paused and quickly recalled her previous battle. "But either one will make a formidable opponent." She said as she touched her hair and it started to shrink to shoulder length, leaving a middle parting fringe and a very short back.

"Wow...I thought magic stopped working once you came over the portal." Twilight Sparkle said as she looked to Princess Twilight.

"I guess that goes just for us." Princess Twilight looked at Stone Hammer "But you shaman, are something else." She guessed.

"Ye be right yer highness. As mentioned before, one is a watcher, an immortal entity tasked with overseeing one of the four realms...mine was this..my fellow shaman of the Throne Of Elements had their respective ones to watch over...Asgard the realm of gods belonged to Diamond Razor, Jotunheim land of giants was Steel Gazer, Alfheim land of the elves was Skyrunner's beautiful domain...and finally Equestria belonged to your ancestor Thunder Sparkle...our leader and brother in arms. As the youngest of the watchers one was given Midgard." She paused, her eyes slightly in pain at remembering her companions faces. "Excuse me...one is filled with strange emotions you mortals call sadness." She gulped holding back silent tears.

"I'm sorry darling, It must be awful to wake to all this...all your friends gone...your world completely changed...but we are here for you if you need us." Rarity intervened as she placed her hands on both Stone Hammer's shoulders, she looked up at Rarity and could see the magic aura around her and also the rest of the girls suddenly brighten.

"You're magic has an amazing strength one cannot understand clearly yet." She stood up from her chair. "You are all bound to each other very strongly...specially you Sunset Shimmer and Pinkie Pie, your bond seems new..." She mused. "I must return to my home in the nether...in your time I wont be gone but a few hours...but in the nether I will have enough time to oversee everything I have missed...when one returns I shall be more prepared and less...how can one put it?" She paused. "Emotionally controlled...one hopes." She said as she levitated on the spot before vanishing slowly into thin air leaving a few flower blossoms in her stead.

"Okay....is it me or is this girl awesome!" Said Rainbow Dash as she looked at everyone's stunned expression.

"Well I think we can stop worrying about Stone Hammer feeling lost...she knows more about this world than we do." Sunset Shimmer looked at Princess Twilight. "We shall take it from here...you must get back home and try to find if Princess Luna has had anymore revelations."

"Good idea Sunset...I'm sorry I can't stay longer..." Princess Twilight hugged Sunset and Pinkie at the same time. "I'm happy for both of you...and please stay in touch with the journal at all times." She prepared to leave. "From now on we are walking in shadow."

Nether Realm high above earth

Stone Hammer found herself in her observatory floating above earth, a rock and lava plateau. The heat was immense and the floor she stood on was covered with beautiful grass.

"Home...how one has missed ye...and look at how thou has grown...technology and achievements that only can be described as wonders...." She looked towards the center of the plateau where a crystal sphere stood, immaculate and shinning bright with otherworldly green glow.

The Watcher's Sphere looked at Stone Hammer and blinked from green glow to lava read.

"My lady...is that you?" Asked a corpse less voice as it filled Stone Hammer's mind a little too loud.

"Etrium!" She held her head in both hands. "Too loud...this new body is frail and delicate..." She stumbled to the ground.

"Sorry young one...you look...well your avatar looks much more like today's beings. I thought you dead." Etrium the Sphere spoke to Stone Hammer.

"One has been trapped in Equestria." She replied as she picked herself up.

"I have missed our conversations. When your light vanished after the explosion that imprisoned the Titans I thought you had been extinguished along with the other watchers." It recalled.

"One still lives, but doesn't understand much...all I can say is that the power of Thunder Sparkles flows through me...so one can only guess he protected me as I exploded against the Titans..." She drifted and gently walked towards Etrium.

"Come forward little one..." Etrium advised. "Let me enlighten you with this worlds history you have missed."

Stone Hammer placed both hands on Etrium and was engulfed in light, thousands of years flashed through her mind, the time she had lost on earth. Discoveries, changes, love, violence and above all else war...so much war these humans raged against themselves for different reasons apart from survival. Stone Hammer began to crumble where she stood, her mind weaker than before and her resolve slightly broken from her guilt at surviving the Titan war.

"Light Shimmer, concentrate!" Etrium eased her as tears ran down Stone Hammer's cheeks, but at hearing her real name she began to pick herself up. "This is all you have missed....the time of the Watchers is over...but you..not Stone Hammer but Light Shimmer have a final mission...Atlas Moon is coming back."

"No...it's true...Titans...what can I do against a power so strong!" She shouted resembling a young girl more than a powerful entity.

"You're becoming mortal again...your power will never leave as long as you find where you belong...but once you leave here today, you can never come back. I shall be by your side always, when you need me most I shall console you..." Etrium reassured her. "Only you will be able to hear me..."

"These humans...all they know is war!" She said agitated. "How does Sunset Shimmer and her friends live here so happy and show so much love for one another?" The flowers on her hair lost their magical grip and started falling. "I'm becoming Light Shimmer again?" She looked down at her feet as they started to heat up from the earth and started to change from the rock skin to bright yellow. "Etrium...it was an honor to serve with ye..." Her voice becoming higher pitch and gentler, her eyes returning to brown from their previous jade green. "I shall return to the only people I have now....tell me now Etrium is Sunset Shimmer my blood?" She questioned as her hair became bright orange.

"She is yours and Thunder Sparkles descendant...the union of magic created by his death and your protection gave birth to her bloodline back in Equestria...that's why she is unique...there is only one Sunset Shimmer." Etrium explained as the powerful watcher had been replaced by a twenty something short young girl. "I will place you in their circle as her sister...add memories to both you so you won't be alone....Good bye my beautiful child...you where my most treasured student." Etrium announced as he began to teleport Light Shimmer to Sunset Shimmers location. At hearing Etrium show her emotion Light Shimmer crumbled and started to get agitated.

"No WAIT!! I'm not ready!! I..I..." She shouted as she tried to walk towards Etrium but bright light engulfed her and the next step she took was inside Sunset Shimmer's dorm room.

Sunset Shimmer and Applejack's Room

"What! What the...!" Shouted Sunset Shimmer as an explosion of light engulfed her room and a girl shouting appeared in full walking motion.

"No! No! NO! Don't leave me...alone...all alone...." Light Shimmer, the powerful demigod watcher known as Stone Hammer collapsed to the ground holding herself in her own arms, crying.

"Stone Hammer!" Pinkie Pie popped out from Sunset Shimmers bed, but Light Shimmer just trembled as her body temperature continued to drop from the heat of the magma that previously ran through her veins.

"No...that's not..." Sunset Shimmer looked down at the girl. "Wait! it is her...what's wrong? what happened?" Sunset Shimmer quickly bent down to help her up. "My god you're freezing! and your skin...your hair...what's happening!?" she worried. "Honey get me the extra covers...." She looked at Pinkie Pie who was suddenly next to her with the covers already, Sunset Shimmer smiled. "You're best." She took the covers and wrapped Light Shimmer in them.

"I...I am no longer Stone Hammer....." Light Shimmer trembled and shuddered. "I am no longer a watcher...I'm just alone...all alone..." The despair was starting to overwhelm Light Shimmer.

"You're not alone!" Snapped Sunset Shimmer. "You have us...we're your allies!...your friends...give us a chance to prove it to you." She tried to read Light Shimmer but heard nothing from her mind.

"You cannot read me Sunset Shimmer..." Light Shimmer tried to smile up at Sunset.

"I'm sorry...I was just curious to why I couldn't..." Sunset Shimmer quickly jumped to the apology.

"No need to say sorry...it must be strange not hearing anything coming from me when I'm in this state." Light Shimmer sat on the bed. "I'm sorry if I arrived at the wrong time." She looked around the room.

"Don't worry about that right now." Sunset Shimmer looked at Pinkie Pie gently as Pinkie Pie brought Light Shimmer a hot drink.

"It seems I've returned a lot later than I expected...but a lot happened I didn't expect." Light Shimmer sniffed. "I don't like this leaking thing." She wiped a tear from her eyes.

"It's called crying...and you look different....not because of the crying...but its the whole not been made of stone and grass with burning boiling lava flowing through your veins...that ol' chestnut." Pinkie Pie unloaded as she sat next to Sunset Shimmer.

"This is my new form, I guess it's what I would have looked like if I had been born in this age...my name remains the same as before I became a watcher..." Light Shimmer drank the hot chocolate. "I love this stuff..." She drank. "In this state I am known Light Shimmer...don't worry my powers are still here...just my earth elemental power from before I became a watcher." She puzzled.

"Light Shimmer?" Pinkie Pie smiled. "Like my Sunset...that's really nice....you look really really alike too...apart from the hair...and your brown eyes...they are huge like nice big doughnuts! " She bounced up a little. "Oh oh oh you gotta try doughnuts!"

"Yes...I...erm..." Light found it hard to explain as Sunset Shimmer looked at her with a straight face and a little puzzled.

"Well, Light Shimmer...Pinkie Pie is right we do resemble each other a lot." Sunset Shimmer stood up and smiled at her. "Apart from you awesome muscle mass." She pretended to flex her own biceps.

"She's right! you look much better than the scary looking earth creature with the green eyes and booming voice." Pinkie Pie over acted her motions as always. Light Shimmer smiled and wiped the last of her tears.

" You can sleep in Applejack's bed tonight, you probably need real non magical rest." Sunset Shimmer pointed at the bed across the room.

"Hehe...thanks probably true. I'm still so cold thou...not used to having blood again I guess." Smiled Light as she stood up and suddenly felt her knees close together a little. "Or erm..bodily functions." She blushed fast

"That way." Pointed Sunset Shimmer as Light ran to the toilet. Sunset turned to Pinkie Pie and they both said it at the same time. "Adorable." and giggled.

"Okay so I guess our big hitter is a little more fragile than we expected." Pinkie Pie got back into Sunset Shimmer's bed.

"Looks like it, I will have to write Princess Twilight about this update as soon as we wake up tomorrow..." Sunset Shimmer returned to her bed and laid next to Pinkie Pie.

"Hmm warm..." Pinkie Pie snuggled onto Sunset's shoulder and rested her head on Sunset's chest.

"That was erm...embarrassing." Light Shimmer came back into the room and sat at Applejack's bed.

"Heh don't worry, you're taking this better than I would..." stated Sunset Shimmer.

"Yeah...like what? you've changed shape like three times in one day, awoke from forty thousand year sleep and travelled through a few portals." Pinkie Pie smiled as she lifted her head up of Sunset to look at Light. "...And found out Sunset is your descendant." She said before resting her head back.

"Yeah...it's pretty craassayyyyWHAT!" Sunset Shimmer sat up quickly and turned to Light Shimmer.

"Erm...yeah." Light Shimmer sat cross legged on Applejack's bed biting her bottom lip. "I can tell you about it now orrrr we can just accept the fact that we are related and I'll explain it to you another time...once I've figured it out a little more myself." She smiled gently. "Yes let's do that..." She playfully dived under the covers.

"I..am...related to...Stone Hammer?" Sunset Shimmer felt a little woozy.

"And Thunder Sparkle...goodnight." Light Shimmer popped back out and then dove back under the covers and left Sunset Shimmer in awe.

"Night night." Pinkie Pie said as she pulled Sunset Shimmer back to bed ignoring her shocked state.

"Wait...we're just gonna skim over this and go to sleep!?" Questioned Sunset Shimmer but there was no reply from either of the two girls. "Oh c'mon Really?..." No response. "Guess we are gonna go to sleep then." She smiled as she could hear both girls giggling.