• Published 18th Mar 2017
  • 261 Views, 6 Comments

#1075555 - Kerbonstein



A changeling is clueless as to what it should expect outside of its hive, a story of new beginnings and love.

  • ...
 6
 261

Four

Equuis's most uninteresting Forrest floor lay littered with twigs and stones, it's short but brancheless trees made it impossible to climb, and a thick canopy prevented little more than a few slivers of light to reach the woodland floor, this made it quite hard to see, and the twigs made it quite hard to walk in, especially if capable of getting into small, leg shaped caverns, in this case, two particularly unfortunate changelings were next to experience this fate.

"Ow-ow-ow...why's this Forrest here anyway, ow!" It exclaimed, rather blamingly.

"Because if there wasn't a Forrest we would be under the full pelt of that sun thing" I said with much grace, not a single bit of spite broke through to be seen by that annoying stupid loud obnoxious...only changeling within a thousand square kilometres.

"When can we sit down, it's been at least three hours" dejectedly I responded.

"Actually it's been two and I thought you stocked up on love!"

It responded "I did it's just, well, do you wanna know why I was sobbing outside the hive?" Turning I responded inquisitively.

"Um, okay" he began.

"I...I have a problem with my...my circulation, I can't strictly...keep in as much as most changelings can, a...andi thought for sure that if I, y'know, didn't have someling to go with I woul-" I cut him off.

"You wouldn't make it," scuffing my hooves I continued, "we could rest for a bit...sorry"

"It's fine" resting it's head against a tree it efficiently ended the conversation.

"What're we gonna do, what are we going to do, this Forrest is so boring that I haven't seen a single leaf fall without seeing a completely even trajectory, not a single Peking bird has pecked, not one deer has scamperedand worst of all no ponies have approached us with the undying will to give us it's love!" I stompedmy hooves in defiance,"what're we gonna do, we've no love to eat, no stars to guide us and no path to remedy my aching hooves!"taking a seat beside my chitinous friend I decided to take that moment to have an angry staring competition with the woodland floor."

"that could help," it said, pointing to the, admittedly obvious, gravel pathway.

"Uh, well, I guess that could work" getting up I directed my attention to the sign not 100 metres away."say, do you read equestrian. "

"Where would I learn equestrian?" It said, matter of factly,

"Just hoping"

The sign itself had the words equestria, 124.7 kilometres thataway, and above it pointing in the other direction town of complete and utter love for any to enter 2.24 kilometres, changelings permitted, but of course, you couldn't know that now could you.

"I think we should gooooo that way" I said pointing down the path facing the sun.

"Okay, whatever you say"

And so they continued their journey toward equestria.