• Published 18th Mar 2017
  • 261 Views, 6 Comments

#1075555 - Kerbonstein



A changeling is clueless as to what it should expect outside of its hive, a story of new beginnings and love.

  • ...
 6
 261

One

It was dead, our home was dead, with no feta larvae being produced the hives energy sources had ran low, queen chit would have fixed in a second, but queen chit, well, she wasn't strictly as alive as she used to be, no she was actually quite dead, in the words of one of the changelings best and most rebound philosophers once I saw a ponies head and an anvil temporarily become one, it was fine but I'm pretty sure changelings can't survive that., we were not known for our philosophers, but we were known for our high quality anvils, a clumsy drone on one fine...cave day just so happened to be passing one over our mighty rulers head, at least it was quick.

No, that was the past, approximately three weeks in the past, without direction we quickly ran out of food, or feta larvae, we have had to leave, the scouters and collecters told stories of the sun, as our queen circulated the love fluid round our hive, their sun God circulated the sun round ou-their world, as much as we lived within the planet equuis we were somehow not part of it, now I stand not metres away from the exit, I put one hoof on front of the other, it's so close I can- "hurry up!" Exclaimed drone #1043748

"Yeah, quit your existential crisis and MOVE, or do you want to die of hunger" said drone #1002344

Coming out of my stoop I rather eloquently claimed "b...but what if...if there's still love down in the caves, let me go check", I took a run for it, " NO!, all you'll find is death, stay here or join the rotting hive", it explained "no I...I, okay, you have a point, but I can't shapeshift, what'll I do" pausing he said simply," not my problem, now MOVE! "

Looking down at my gaping hooves I dejectedly began pacing to the exit, I would learn, I would have to learn, or death would be a reality that I would have to face, so stuck in my mortified state, I never took the fleeting second to look at the slowly rising dawn, or was it sunset, now that I thought about it I must have considered it. Knowing the state of day takes at least 1.5489005 seconds so I must of took the time. It was beautiful.

--------------------------------

I woke, had I fallen asleep, I must've, using my antenna I quickly scanned for even a single changeling, three, one I could see, it was sobbing quietly to itself, not really being the best comforter I turned to find the others. "Wait" ,turning I see it's face, a drone...obviously "they all left, I was about to but, I don't know you and I know that you don't know me, but if we stick together maybe we can find a love source together" subconsciously I noted the two other changelings leaving my antenna range, this guy seemed alright,"alright."

"really, wow, okay", taking a look up close I realised afew noticeable attributes, one fang was shorter than the other, taking a look at its back I noticed a birth mark, a dim blue mark covering the space between its leg and it's shoulder blade, it didn't resemble anything I hear something but can't quite make it out, " what was that?"

"I said your name, what's your name," it asked cautiously.

"1075555" I responded

Chuckling it said "lucky, I'm 1000046"

I was lucky to have my number, few have more than two numbers in a row, as culture goes, four in a row is considered lucky, smiling I responded "you too."

Author's Note:

I'm not very good at writing, so please suggest some advice, I also wrote this entire chapter with a phone sooooo, y'know, everything's out if frame and I can't fix errors without destroying the entire story, maybe I'll find a way to use a computer.