• Published 7th Mar 2017
  • 747 Views, 13 Comments

The Legend of Ash Frost - Visiden Visidane



A brief look into the life of the Legion's first hero through her faithful servant.

  • ...
2
 13
 747

Negotiation

Yes, Cloud Nest, I do have a problem with my damn salary. No, it's not too low. It's boring. My salary is too damn boring. How am I supposed to be motivated with this kind of static pay? I already am the best ranger the Southern Legion has ever known. Standing at the very top of a mountain isn't exhilirating if there's no sheer drop to my death nearby. I think a legionnaire of my unique prowess deserves an equally unique payment scheme.

Here's what I propose. You will pay me one thousand bits for every ophidite officer I kill in a skirmish. Ah, ah! Wait. For every ophidite officer that escapes, I'll pay back ten thousand bits. Doesn't that sound much more exciting? Certainly, it would get me up every morning. You may try to hinder me if you want.

No, I'm not joking around. The only joke here will be you if you're too afraid to take me on.


This secret arrangement between Lady Ash Frost and Outpost Commander Cloud Nest eventually came to light when the Southern Legion discovered a massive drain on its coffers centered around that outpost. Lady Ash Frost was killing too many ophidite officers and the extremely rare escapes did not make up for her pace. Both Lady Ash Frost and Cloud Nest were given thirty lashes for their gambling. Cloud Nest was also removed as Outpost Commander. Lady Ash Frost always maintained that it was worth it.