• Published 6th Jul 2012
  • 976 Views, 0 Comments

Grimdarkified ending episode 26 season 2 - redraven313



Episode 26 season 2, a slightly dark ending. 14 Chapters

  • ...
10
 0
 976

Chapter 12

Chapter 12
Twilight saw the horn coming towards her, but was unable to do anything, her last strength had been used on the spell.
She understood the spell had at least temporary paralyzed her body, and it had been willpower and luck alone, that had enabled her to hit Chrysalis.
She felt grim satisfaction in the knowledge, that the paralysis was so complete, that she would be unable to feel the pain of being stabbed.
Just then she heard some kind of explosion, and saw rather than felt herself being moved.
She was hanging over the back of something... someone, a Pegasus with a multicolored mane, Rainbow Dash.
She was able to see where Chrysalis as she fell ,screaming, onto the ground, and expected to see her minions rout any minute now.
Instead she looked on horrified, as the Changelings howled furiously, and charge Celestia's position in a suicidal frenzy, and trough the shield she heard the same frenzy being match by the other changelings outside.


Celestia's golden guard fought valiantly, but it was a losing battle. Too exhausted from the fighting, and much to few in numbers, they stood little chance of holding the line.
But even if they had been able to hold the line, there were little hope, Celestia had given Twilight her power, in the hope of the fight having ended with Chrysalis's death.
She simply had no more power to maintain the shield against this kind of onslaught, as the first cracks in the shield appeared, so sank Celestia to the ground, first one knee then the next.
A sergeant began instructing two pegasi, to bring the princess to Clouds dale, when the shield finally shattered. Then Celestia fell unconscious, the strain of maintaining the force field to great to uphold...
yet somehow, miraculously, the shield still hold.