• Published 21st Feb 2017
  • 499 Views, 2 Comments

Spy Games - FoxMcCloud7921



Agent Sunset Shimmer, part of an organization known only as The Agency, goes head to head with a foreign spy bent on unleashing sleeper cells around the world to ultimately destroy all foreign national powers.

  • ...
 2
 499

Chapter 1

Author's Note:

So I was reading a fic and I made a joke about Starlight being a KGB agent. That was kind of the start of it. Then I was watching The Man from U.N.C.L.E and finally inspiration came to me. This is more or less a spy novel and my first attempt but I hope you enjoy it.

Canterlot

The building stood about seven stories, located in the middle of downtown. On the outside, it looked like your typical company building, recently remodeled in the last couple years. But on the inside it was much more than that.

This was the headquarters of the Agency, one of many children given birth by the government for the purpose of protection. In this case it was central intelligence, protecting borders from the threats of foreign individuals and countries. To most people, this building was for a company that was most likely in the top two hundred companies of the country. But only those in government power or neighboring agencies knew its true purpose.


The woman sat at her desk, a stern look on her face. Actually, most of the time she looked this way regardless of the emotions she was feeling at the moment. After all, being the director of the Agency was no easy task and most of the time it wasn’t very pleasant either.

Her name was Harshwinny, but she went by the name H instead. She realized early in her career that many were quite intimidated to approach her, so she tried to thaw the ice slightly by suggesting that her staff and subordinates call her H. It seemed to help somewhat.

Currently she was in her office where a young woman half her age was sitting across from her. H took a sip of her tea that was on the table. “Is there anything new to report Agent Spitfire?”

“It’s been a quiet day for the most part ma’am,” the young agent replied. She was in her mid-twenties with short orange hair and was currently wearing a blue suit, although to be honest she always felt stuffy wearing the stupid thing. Most agents and staff always said they could see Spitfire coming a mile away due to always wearing her pair of aviators. “No activity on comms, and any of our potential targets have been following their usual schedules according to our satellites.”

“And Agent Shimmer?”

“Ah yes, she apparently tracked our istallion friend all the way to Manehattan,” Spitfire replied. “May I ask what that’s all about?”

H pursed her lips slightly. “Our friend, Marco Cavallo, is carrying a flash drive that contains a list of potential sleeper cells around the world, including many that are here right now. I can easily say obtaining that drive is a top priority.”

“And you think Shimmer can handle it?”

“Are you having doubts Agent Spitfire?”

“Not at all, I was the one who got her recruited and all,” Spitfire replied. “I’m just surprised the Agency already has seen her as a top agent is all.”

H smiled slightly. “Am I sensing jealousy?”

“Not at all ma’am, it would just be a damn shame if we lost her, that’s all.”

“Agreed. So Manehattan you say? I’d like to have a word with her then.”

“I’ll be very surprised if she answers.”


Subway Underground

Manehattan

As it turned out, Agent Sunset Shimmer was currently busy, ducking behind the brick pillars as Marco opened fire on her with a pistol. Sunset kept her firearm holstered since she needed Marco alive and there were too many people fleeing out of the subway to safety. As soon as the shots stopped, Sunset started moving.

Marco wasn’t really aiming at her since he was running the opposite direction; he was mostly trying to dissuade her from following. Sunset wasn’t willing to oblige. She had to duck and hide again after Marco turned around and opened fire on her again. The man certainly wasn’t military and she doubted he had much ammo.

Much to her annoyance, she heard a ringing in her ear, signaling that someone was trying to call her. She really didn’t want to answer but most agents, even the veterans rarely ever ignored calls from HQ. “To whoever’s calling right now, this is a very bad time,” she said, answering.

“Agent Shimmer, I was hoping for an update.” Sunset tensed slightly. Of course it had to be H of all people. “But judging by the loud noises, I have the feeling Cavallo found you out?”

“Hardly,” Sunset rolled her eyes slightly. She could tell by H’s tone that she was trying to be humorous. “The man’s as paranoid as they come, and honestly I’m not surprised. He was trying to hitch a ride but I ended up cutting him off.”

“Shimmer, I can’t stress enough how important it is you get that drive,” H told her. “Cavallo is only important until either you get it or he tells you where it is. Am I clear?”

“Yes ma’am,” Sunset replied. She looked around the corner and saw Marco taking off again. “You’ll have to excuse me H, I’m currently in pursuit.” She then disconnected the call and took off.

Now things were getting tricky. Marco was leading her down the tunnel to where the path broke into five directions, which meant at any moment a train could come through. Sunset also had little to no cover so the only thing keeping her alive was Marco’s inexperience with a gun.

Sunset did have one advantage though. She had been an active girl since she was young and throughout school she had run cross country and track, which gave her a bit of an advantage during basic before she joined the Agency. And right now, she was slowly starting to catch up to out of shape Marco.

He disappeared to the side and it wasn’t long before a pair of lights shone in her face. Sunset quickly found a gap in the wall and leaned inside as the train passed by. Once she was gone, she continued her pursuit.

Marco was quickly losing speed and more and more Sunset was catching up. At this point, it looked like Marco ran out of bullets and Sunset sprinted after him. It wasn’t long before she was right behind him and then leapt out, knocking him to the ground.

Marco was about ten years older than her and in normal circumstances with his size he would’ve had a slight advantage over her. But with her skills and his stamina gone, he didn’t stand a chance. “Nice to finally meet you Marco,” she panted slightly as she grabbed him and pinned him against the wall. “You know why I’m here, so give me the drive and I might be kind enough to let you walk yourself home.”

Marco was drenched in sweat and sounded like he was going to have a heart attack. “L-Listen to me, we can work something out here!”

Sunset decided he wasn’t listening and twisted his arm back. “This is my one and only deal. If it had been anyone else, you probably wouldn’t even be talking right now. Now do I have your attention? I won’t ask again.”

Marco was quiet for a moment. Then, with much resignation in his voice, he said, “It’s in my back pocket.”

Sunset quickly found out he was telling the truth. The flash drive was very much real and not damaged. She smiled slightly. “There, was that so hard? Now get out of my sight. And get rid of that gun while you’re at it.”

She patted his back slightly and turned around. “Oh yeah, you might want to call someone just in case. It’s rather cramped down there and right now between you and a train, the train will always win.”

Marco didn’t answer but she could tell he wanted to get the hell out of dodge. Sunset then tapped the side of her earpiece. “This is Agent Simmer, I’ve obtained the drive…oh and you might want to have an emergency crew on standby cause I really don’t think Marco Cavallo is going to make it out of the subway in one piece…”