• Published 1st Dec 2011
  • 2,998 Views, 65 Comments

Moonshine's confused love - MoonShine



Twilight and Rainbow Dash are in the library. They're then interrupted by a new filly.

  • ...
16
 65
 2,998

Hearts and Hooves day: part 1

Hearts and Hooves day: part 1

Last chapter: “Yes, well, again I’m sorry, I’ll let you rest. I shall go tell Luna the news and make some arrangements.” She adds as she walks out.

“I’ll let you rest too. Get well soon.” Twilight says before walking out without giving her a chance to reply.

Moonshine lays there dumbfounded to why Celestia was so nice to her all of a sudden. She thinks about it for a little before closing her eyes and dozing off to sleep.

<The next morning>

Treacle bursts in though the door causing Moonshine to wake up suddenly, “TREACLE!” she shouts as Treacle rushes over to the window and opens the curtains, the light almost blinding Moonshine as she covers her eyes with her hooves, “SIS’! What are you doing?” she asks. Treacle then rushes out the room and dashes back in with Moonshine’s breakfast, places it on the bedside desk, she then takes a small moment to have a breather before dashing back out upstairs.

“TREACLE, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!” she shouts at the top of her voice, a thud is heard upstairs as Treacle falls over by the loud shout, she comes downstairs and into the room with her horn glowing as she uses her magic to brush her mane, her tail and using to put makeup on whilst having multiple dresses levitating around her.

“What is it Moonshine?” she asks calmly, almost excitedly.

“Nothing, I’m just wondering what the hay you are doing, rushing about like there’s no tomorrow.” She replies.

“What? I’m not rushing about, this is me normally.....actually, you’re right, I am rushing, I should calm down a bit and take my time. Thanks sis’ you’re a great help.” She replies before exiting the room to head back upstairs. Moonshine sits and thinks about what has her so excited, she pushes the covers off and looks down to see her hind legs in splints.

“Great, now I can’t walk. Think Moonshine......Aha, how about I use my wings to take the weight off my legs so I CAN walk....Moonshine, you are a genius.” She says to herself, she then swings herself round so that she can put her legs on the ground; she pushes herself off the bed whilst flapping her wings hard enough to have almost no weight on her legs, “Ow, OW! Ok, Ok, I’ve got this, I got this. Ok, let’s see....yeah, easy.” She says to herself as she starts to ‘walk’ forwards towards the bedroom door.

As she reaches the door she grabs the doorframe as she starts to let her wings slowdown, putting more weight down on her legs, her ears prick up as a thud from upstairs gets her attention, “What the hay is she doing up there, a party?” she questions herself before slowly making her way to the kitchen using anything to aid her with walking, her wings flapping slowly to take a little of the weight off but slow enough to stop her getting worn out too quickly. When she reaches the kitchen she looks about to see the kitchen immaculate and tidy, she looks at the calendar to see if there is an explanation for Treacle’s erratic behaviour.

“Hearts and Hooves day, already?” she asks herself, she then turns to face the front door as it slams shut and a rapid trotting noise is heard from outside, “Umm...bye.” she adds as she slowly makes her way over to the door, “Screw this, I’m flying.” She says as she dashes over to the door, opens it and quickly looks about to see Treacle trotting over towards the park in a lovely new silk dress, “That’s a new dress, looking at it, only Rarity would have made that...but, she doesn’t care about how she looks during the day and she doesn’t know anypony good enough to have a relationship because of me.” She says as she lowers her head a little.

“This I have to see, Treacle, let’s see what you’re up to.” She says. Just as she was about to leave the house she sees Twilight heading towards the house, she closes the door and thinks about what she could do, ‘the back door, of course’ she thinks to herself, she slowly heads for it, not using her wings so that they can be used later for any reason and to gain strength in her legs for now.

As she reaches the back door a knock comes from the front door, she panics as the door creeps open and Twilight pops her head round, “HELLO?! Anypony home, Treacle, Moonshine?” she asks before entering and closing the door, her ears prick up as she hears a quiet click coming from the kitchen, “Treacle, is that you?” she asks as she walks over to the kitchen, when she reaches it the kitchen is empty and spotless, “I don’t think there in, Princess!” she shouts out as the front door opens quickly and ‘Tia dashes inside as a small crowd of ponies rush her, she closes the door and rests against it.

“What does it take for a princess to come to Ponyville without being surrounded by ponies?” she asks as she gets her breath. Twilight pops her head round from the kitchen.

“How about not being a princess or by not looking like yourself but anyway, I don’t think they’re in.” She replies as ‘Tia walks over to the bedroom Moonshine was in, she pops her head only to see the covers flung over the bottom of the bed and nopony in the room.

“You’re right, nopony is home....such a shame, we could have had a great time, he he.” She says to herself before walking back out and closing the door.

“What did you say, Princess?” Twilight asks as she didn’t quite hear her.

“I said, yes you are right, nopony is home.” She repeats herself but not telling the whole truth, ‘She might have to do, two’s better but one should do....nah’ she thinks to herself as she watches Twilight look around for the other two.
Twilight turns to looks at ‘Tia who is still watching her, “Princess, is everything alright?” she ask as ‘Tia looks around then back at her.

“Yes, yes, I’m grand, it is hot in here?” she asks as she puts a hoof to her neck as sweat starts to form on her coat.

“No, but you do look a bit sweaty, let’s go outside and look for them.” She says as she opens the front door only to see the crowd of ponies still there, she closes the door quickly and look in the kitchen at the back door, “We can go out here, princess. His back door should allow you to get out without begin spotted.” She adds as she walks over to the door, with ‘Tia following her, ‘Won’t be spotted huh?’ she thinks to herself.

Twilight opens the door and steps out as ‘Tia follows her watching Twilight for some reason, her eyes never coming off the lavender mare. Moonshine wasn’t far, she was just at the end of the alleyway as they get out of the house, and she looks back as she hears their hoofsteps, she then tries to walk way quicker but she can’t as the pain is already too much and she doesn’t want to use her wings as they would hear her.

She slowly tries to get away as she uses the walls of the houses to aid her out of the alleyway, Twilight looks about then to the end of the alleyway, she sees a pony against the wall walking, the pony is pink and looks awfully like Moonshine, just as she goes to rush over to the pony ‘Tia grabs her, “You’re my most faithful student and I believe that you trust me with all your life, and I know that you read a lot, well now I can teach you something that books can’t” she says as Twilight gets a streak of fear in her body as she stares into the princess’ eyes.

Moonshine stops as she hears what ‘Tia was saying, she looks as she sees Celestia bringing her head closer to Twilight’s, “Are you kidding me? That should be me being molested by the princess, I mean that is the best...oops.” she says to herself before stopping herself as ‘Tia looks up to see the pony and immediately knows who it is after hearing the comment.

“Oh really, well it is Hearts and Hooves day, so if you want to be with me, just ask.” She says as she let’s go of Twilight and begins to walk towards Moonshine.

“Umm....princess, are you ok? You hated Moonshine yesterday now you want to mo....molester her?” Twilight asks.

‘Tia stops and looks back and replies, “What? It’s Hearts and Hooves day, anything I do won’t matter. Besides, she asked for it, plus she’s been a very bad filly.” She replies before continuing towards Moonshine who isn’t sure what to make of the situation but thinks hard that she loves Twilight and doesn’t want to be molested in front of her so she tries to get away, she tries her best as she slowly walks out of the alleyway, her legs throbbing with pain.

“Come back Moonshine, we can have a three-way if you come back in here. Don’t go.” ‘Tia says as she steps out of the alleyway and uses her magic to pull at Moonshine. A pony sees ‘Tia and points.

“IT’S THE PRINCESS!” it shouts as others look and see her, they rush over and swarms her causing her to lose her concentration letting Moonshine loose, Moonshine then tries her best to get as much distance between them as possible, Twilight exits the alleyway and looks for her but can’t see anything for the crowd, she then sees her fly up into the clouds above. She watches before heading back to the library to wait for her to come back.

“This has got to be the worst Hearts and Hooves day ever....all thanks to the princess too.” She says to herself as she walks away, she looks back as she hears a teleport spell take affect and the princess is gone. She turns to face the library and continues her lonely walk home.

Along the way she sees Treacle sat on a park bench waiting for somepony, “TREACLE...what are you doing...nice dress.” She asks as she walks over to her.

“Just waiting, for somepony, I hope he turns up.” She says as she can hardly keep her excitement contained.

“I can see that....but who, who are you waiting for?” Twilight asks more impatiently this time.

“I’m waiting for......” she stops as she stares at a pony who walks into the park, “IT’S HIM!!” she shouts as she starts to figit by stamping on the ground lightly. Twilight looks over to see a brown stallion enter the park. Treacle then suddenly stops figiting as she starts to rabble on about how he might not like her and what if they don’t get along.

“Wow, you really have got yourself a nice stallion there, how long how you been seeing him?” she asks as she nudges Treacle a little and with soft eyes looking at her.

“We haven’t even met yet, we’ve only talked over the phone and by mail. Do you think he will like me?” she explains and asks.

“I...I don’t know who it is yet...” she says as she looks at the stallion who looks around the park as if looking for somepony, she looks carefully to see the stallion’s cutiemark, it was an hourglass, “Is that....Dr Whooves?” she asks herself.

“YES! That’s him....he’s handsome.” Treacle says out of control as her emotions take over, “I can’t wait anymore, I want to go see him, now.” She adds. Twilight stops her from moving as she tries to get her to keep calm.

“No, you let him wait, he has to come to you, you let him try to find you.” Twilight says, as she puts a hoof against Treacle’s chest to stop her. Dr Whooves then looks over to them and immediatetly starts to walk over to them.

When he reaches them Twilight steps to the side and Treacle starts to bite her lip as she once again tries to contain her excitement, “You must be Treacle Tart, am I right?” he asks.

“I think I’ll leave you two alone, enjoy.” Twilight says before leaving the couple to be together.

She soon comes to the library, opens the door, goes upstairs and sits on her bed whilst she hopes Moonshine is alright after today’s ‘episode’ with Celestia.