• Published 1st Dec 2011
  • 2,998 Views, 65 Comments

Moonshine's confused love - MoonShine



Twilight and Rainbow Dash are in the library. They're then interrupted by a new filly.

  • ...
16
 65
 2,998

The Truth

The Truth

last chapter: They both stop to see her stood tall behind them; Twilight suddenly rushes over and hugs her, “Of course not Moonshine, she loves you, not me.” She says as Twilight hugs her more.

“I can see. Let’s go home Twilight. You’ve had a rough morning.” She says to the lavender mare. They then both head off to the library.

“I’m glad I was of help!” Treacle shouts to them before continuing with her run.

<Canterlot, the next morning>

Luna wakes up, slowly lifting her heavy head off the pillow, her eyes sore and still damp from the previous day. She gets out of bed laboriously and walks over to the balcony, looks down to Ponyville, she looks about to make sure nopony is watching and just as she goes to jump down Celestia calls out to her, “Luna, don’t think of it. I don’t know why you try to see her, she only want to kill you or turn you evil.” She stops and looks back to see ‘Tia walking towards her from the bedroom doors.

“WHAT? That is silly, why would she do such a thing?” Luna questions, “She doesn’t want to do that, she loves me...” she adds as she walks up to ‘Tia and puts a hoof against Celestia’s chest whilst staring into her eyes.

“That’s what she wants you to think, and then she will kill you.....or turn you evil again.” She replies as she brushes Luna’s hoof of her, “That is why got rid of her from the Equitorian guards, she was going in your room to kill you...don’t you see?” she explains as she looks into Luna’s fiery eyes.

“That is the biggest load of bu....” she says before ‘Tia puts a hoof against her mouth to silence her.

She then lowers her head and quietly says, “Shh, I hear something, maybe it’s her.” Before walking over to the balcony and poking her head out as she looks around, Luna then barges past and points right away to a pony flying overhead, it was a bright pink, blue hair with pink stripes.

“Get back inside, now, before she sees you. “ She says as she pushes Luna back inside with her magic, she then continues to watch the mare, as she watches she sees another pony underneath the pink mare, it looks purple...no, lavender, her eyes open wide as she realises who it is.

“Luna, stay here, she’s got somepony in her grasp, it looks as though she’s killed her.” She says before using her magic to lock every door and window, and then teleports out of the room. Luna looks about in confusion before walking up to the balcony doors, pushes them causing them to rattle don’t open, she then looks hard over to the pink mare to see the pony underneath hanging.

<Ponyville, Library>

A knock on the door suddenly wakes Spike as he jumps up with his blanket over his head, he panics slightly as he only sees darkness, he pulls the blanket off and sighs with relief, places it down on his bed before jumping once more when another bang comes from the door. He rushes downstairs and opens the door, “Treacle, what....what are you doing here?” he ask out of breath.

“Just came to give Twilight and Moonshine a pie, its blueberry flavour....” she says whilst handing the pie to him, just before he could say anything she interrupts by levitating some gems in front of him, “And I found some of these when I was on my daily jog, I thought you might like them since you’re a dragon. I WAS going to give them to Rarity but she has plenty at the moment, don’t let her see them or else you might not have them for long.” She adds as she uses her magic to place them on a desk inside.

He stares at the gems before picking one up, “Do you know what this one is?” he says as he stares at it, drooling all over the gem.

“Yes, I thought you might like that one, it’s a Fireruby, isn’t it?” she says unsure fully on what it is.

“Yeah, my favourite, I did have one for my birthday but I gave it to Rarity.” He replies before walking away but stops and turns, “Oh, sorry. They aren’t here, I don’t know where they are, but when they come back I’m....sure...I’ll....give it to them. Oh my, so beautiful.” He says as he doses off staring at the gem, drooling all over the place.

“Ok, well, be sure you do, I’ll see you later.” She says giggling to herself as she walks away. As she heads to the markets stalls to buy some ingredients for some things she is going to bake, she sees she pink blur wiz past her, she looks about to see what it was, a large white blur then whooshes past, knocking her causing her to spin round multiple times before coming to a stop, she wobbles about a bit, her eyes rolling round like Derpy’s.

She puts her hooves against her head as she waits for the dizziness to fade away, when it does she looks around to see nothing but then a white blur flies past her again as she sees a pink pony atop of her house.

She looks to the side to see where the blur when and sees a multi-coloured tail wiz round a corner.

“Celestia?” she asks herself before looking back to her house to see that the pink pony had gone. She watches for a brief time suspicious before continuing to go to the market stalls.

<Treacle’s house>

Moonshine lays on the roof of Treacle’s house with Twilight next to her, she looks like she’s been knocked-out, “Why did you have to try that spell, of all the spells you could do, you went and did that one.” She says to the limp mare laid next to her, she then peeks over the top of the roof as she hears a whooshing noise.

As she looks over the edge she spots Treacle heading to the market stalls, she then suddenly stops as she feels a warm breeze of air against her back, she slowly looks to the side with her eyes, as she slowly turns her head she tightly closes her eyes as another breeze hits her, she instantly knew that it was somepony breathing on her, she then quickly turns to see Celestia in her face, she scrambles back trying to get away as ‘Tia.

She desperately tries to get over the peak of the roof as Celestia climbs the roof after a tile gives way causing her to fall slightly, Moonshine reaches over to grab Twilight, but a hoof grabs her and pulls at her, she tugs and pulls to get out of her grasp, “WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO HER?!” Celestia shouts at her, everypony in the market looks up towards Treacle’s house to see Celestia pinning a pony against the roof.

Treacle is looking at some apples at a stall, she picks up a few and puts them in a bag and then pulls out some bits to pay for them, “here you go, there’s a tip too, for the quality, I’ve never.....hello?” she stops as she sees the stall owner staring past her, she looks around to see everypony staring at the same place, she then looks herself to the place to see Celestia. She watches as she sees a pink mare lifted into the air as Celestia’s horn glows. She drops the bag and runs off towards her house.

Celestia uses her magic to hold Moonshine up off the roof, she then pushes her back so that she hangs over the edge of the roof, “Tell me, why you have killed her?” She questions in an angry tone, not letting Moonshine to even get a word out as she chokes her with her magic, Moonshine choking and gasping for air as the magical force tightens round her throat.

Treacle soon gets to her front door; she uses her magic to teleport to the roof appearing next to ‘Tia, “Princess, what are you doing?” she says as she pushes at ‘Tia trying to get her to stop it.

“Your sister has killed my student, can’t you see that?” she replies with a booming voice, Treacle looks behind to see Twilight laid on the roof, she jumps back to grab her as she begins to slide down the tiles.

“Princess, she wouldn’t do such a thing, she loves Twilight.” Treacle says as she tries to get a grip on part of the roof as they both slide down the roof towards the edge, she finally gets a grip and holds on for dear life, she then uses her magic to scan Twilight since she has had some medical training.

She quickly turns her head to face ‘Tia as she notices that Twilight’s heart is still beating, “PRINCESS!” she shouts out as she loses grip and fall of the edge, ‘Tia drops Moonshine who falls down to the floor unconscious and dashes over the other edge to catch treacle and Twilight.

She sets them down softly on the floor and stands next to them, “If you took you time you would have found that she isn’t dead, Celestia.” She says in a slightly angry voice, “Where’s Moonshine?” she asks as she looks about, “You’ve dropped her?!” she shouts as she gets up and rushes to the other side of the house, ‘Tia stood ashamed of her action, she then lowers down to Twilight to see her chest moving up and down.

“Oh my, what have I done, she’s alive and I’ve just....Oh GOD!” she says to herself before rushing to the Moonshine. Twilight safely lay on the floor.

Treacle soon reaches the front side of the house, she looks about to see nopony on the floor, she then looks about to see Moonshine dragging herself across the floor towards the library, she rushes over to her, as she gets closer she can hear the groans and gasps of pain that Moonshine is giving off, she stops as even if it is her sister she still doesn’t like to see her like this, she then runs beside Moonshine, lays down next to her and hugs her as a tear runs down her cheek.

“Treacle? What, ouch....what are you doing?” she asks as she pushes her back slightly as the pain of her hind legs throbs.

“I don’t care if we hate each other at the best of times, I’m your sister and you are hurt, so come here.” She replies as she uses her magic to put Moonshine across her back, “Celestia thought you killed Twilight and now she’s hurt you only to find that Twilight is actually alive. I’m not happy with her for it, let’s get you inside, I don’t care what you say about it.” She adds as she slowly makes her ways to the front door.

When she almost reaches the door, Celestia runs round to see Moonshine on Treacle’s back, she walks over to them to help but Treacle stops her with her magic, “No, princess, you’ve done enough. I won’t let you hurt her anymore, please, stay away from her, your assuming has almost killed her.” She says as ‘Tia stands and watches Treacle laboriously walk into the house with the severely wounded pony on her back.

“Oh my, I never meant for this, please let me help, I can....” she says only to be interrupted by Treacle.

“NO, YOU’VE DONE ENOUGH ALREADY!!” she shouts in a disappointed voice, she then slams the door shut with her magic, ‘Tia stood in shock as nopony has ever spoke to her like that.

She lowers her head as she walks round back to Twilight, she soon comes to her, lays next to her and uses her magic to find the problem and fix is, she then puts her head on Twilight’s side as tears role down her cheeks.

Twilight slowly opens her eyes as the spell wears off, she looks down to see ‘Tia next to her but then she hears sniffling, she looks down onto her side to see Celestia crying, “Princess, what’s wrong?” she asks quietly.

“I’ve hurt her, badly. I didn’t mean to, and it was all down to me assuming that she had killed you.” She replies as she lifts her head to look at her.

“Kill me? No, I was so tired last night but I couldn’t get to sleep, so I used a sleep spell but I think it has gone a little wrong, since I’m here, wherever ‘here’ is.” She replies as ‘Tia listens to her.

“A spell, all this was over a sleeping spell?” she says as she puts her head back onto Twilight’s side, burying her face, “Let’s just go and make sure they’re ok.” She says muffled by Twilight’s coat, she gets up and they both walk round to the front door.

When they reach the door ‘Tia knocks and Treacle opens it and as soon as she sees ‘Tia she goes to slam it but Twilight puts her hoof in the way, “Ouch, Treacle, Please tell ‘Tia what happened.” She says.

“Me, I can’t tell her anything, you’ll have to ask Moonshine.” She replies, she lets them in and the both of them walk upstairs, they approach the bed and Moonshine straight away starts to tell ‘Tia the truth about when she went into Luna’s room.

When she finishes ‘Tia sits herself down and thinks about it, “I’m so sorry, I never knew, would.....would you forgive me and join us again, please?” she asks.

“Yes, I will but for now I kind of can’t, you broke both of my legs.” She replies.

“Yes, well, again I’m sorry, I’ll let you rest. I shall go tell Luna the news and make some arrangements.” She adds as she walks out.

“I’ll let you rest too. Get well soon.” Twilight says before walking out without giving her a chance to reply.

Moonshine lays there dumbfounded to why Celestia was so nice to her all of a sudden. She thinks about it for a little before closing her eyes and dozing off to sleep.