• Published 6th Jul 2012
  • 664 Views, 6 Comments

Two Lifetimes - Nightstalker18

  • ...
6
 6
 664

The Game

“Pestilence!?”
“ah Autumn my old friend I’m so glad you can remember little old me” yeah like I am going to forget the pony that almost killed my oldest friend in a hurry.
“Why have you brought me here? Where is Storm? What have you done with the princess?”
“tut tut tut so many questions which I will now proceed to answer. I brought you here for a little… ‘game’.” I don’t like the sound of this ‘game,’ Pestilence then proceeds to trot into my eyesight his green mane flowing over my face. Ewww it smells like rotten milk or something rotten I can’t quite place the scent. He then looks into my eyes with those red abysses he has for eyes. “now miss breeze if you cast your gaze to your right the answer to both your other questions will be revealed” I crane my head to the right to see… Storm! He is in a room which I am guessing is much like mine barren and grey with what appears to be a mirror on the back wall however the princess is no-where to be seen.
“ok but that still doesn’t answer my last question what have you done with the princess?”
“oh I thought it was perfectly ‘clear’ where she is”
“what is that supposed to mean? Speak coherently”
“my my such big words for such a little pony.”
“little! If I remember correctly you were little once too Purebolt” oh my! That seems to strike a nerve Pestilences’ almost non-existent pupils narrow his mane billows up and around his head in anger.
“I TOLD YOU MY NAME IS PESTILENCE” he bellows then seems to calm down and his mane returns to its original position. “Well it seems I must leave you miss breeze it was fun talking with you but unfortunately all good times must come to an end.” He goes to leave and then turns to face me once more “oh! Silly me I forgot to tell you the rules of my little game you have 2 minutes to escape this room, save both the princess and storm and then escape before all the rooms are flooded with magic that will kill you in 10 seconds flat good luck!” at that he vanished where did he go he must have teleported. I am suddenly aware of a weird ticking noise filling the room. Ok Autumn don’t panic is there a door? I look around the room no door of any kind damn this is going to be hard think think thi… AH HA! The window into Storms room looks weak enough to break if I hit it with the right force. I back away to the end of the room *gulp* here goes nothing I close my eyes and charge at the window with all my force *thud* I have landed on something soft…

“Augum geg off me” huh who said that? I look down to see that I landed on Storm.
“oh my gosh I’m so sorry Storm I didn’t see you “I climb off Storm and help him to his hooves.
“thanks…WHAT IN THE HAY POSSESSED YOU TO DO THAT!?” before I can answer a voice bellows across the room.
“ONE MINUTE LEFT OF THE GAME MISS BREEZE HOWEVER THIS NEXT WINDOW WON’T BE SO EASY TO BREAK GOOD LUCK!”
“That voice I recognise that voice…” Storm’s face suddenly contorts in rage “that voice is Pestilence but how did he not die?”
“I don’t know Storm but right now we have to save Princess Celestia and escape before Pestilence’s magic kills us”.
“yes but how?” hmm think think think “I’ve got it!”
“huh?” Without answering Storm scrunches his eyes shut and his horn begins to glow with a blue aura he must be using magic to find a way to break the mirror. suddenly the aura thickens and without warning shoots out of his horn and towards the mirror as soon as it hits the mirror it shatters into a million pieces.
“quick let’s go Autumn” shouts Storm as he leaps through the hole in the wall I quickly follow to find Storm staring at the wall.
“what are looking at?” Storm just points at the wall I follow his hoof to see Princess Celestia chained up but she is somehow different her coat isn’t as white as it should be before I can look for more flaws Celestia lifts her head and speaks “game over” suddenly everything goes black the last thing I hear is Storms voice “what do you mean game O…