• Published 6th Jul 2012
  • 666 Views, 6 Comments

Two Lifetimes - Nightstalker18

  • ...
6
 6
 666

possible solution?

I toss the useless book onto the pile “oh this is hopeless Twilight I’ll never find what I’m looking for” I sigh and rest my head on a book on the table half-heartedly glancing at the title: Mythological creatures… could this be it? I pick up the book and open it scanning the pages and there it is I begin reading aloud more out habit then anything. “The lich a creature of olden pony myth said to have once been a pony that had dabbled in forbidden magic. This magic allows them to detach their souls from their body thus making them invincible…” I continue to read hoping to find something to help me… “Come on come on blah blah blah can possess any ponies’ body they wish but prefer one that is deceased… yada yada ah ha! There is a way to trap the soul of a lich it is just near on impossible.” I slam my face into the book in frustration as twilight trots over to me.
“You need a rest autumn you have been obsessing over Pestilence for the last 5 hours.” I shake my head laughing slightly and lift my head up looking at her my mane matted…
“you don’t understand just because Storm is dead doesn’t mean that Pestilence will just sit back and rest on his achievements he won’t rest until either one or both of us is dead… so thus I have to find a way to defeat him and avenge Storm.” I sigh and look at the book again “but that is a fruitless venture at the moment…” I toss that book onto the discard pile and sit down on the ground looking at my hooves “I still look over at that door every now and then hoping to see Storm open it and trot in but then I remember he is dead…” I begin to poke the ground recalling my last moments with him…watching his life drain away as I held him in my hooves my oldest friend my…love and now he’s gone and all that drives me now is the desire to rip Pestilences’ smug head from his shoulders. I can feel the tears begin to surface no! I have to stay strong for him…. I dig my hoof into the ground fighting the tears that now threaten to spill out onto the floor as twilight suddenly exclaims “ah ha! There is a spell here that can separate the lich soul from its body “I look up the tears disappearing revitalised by this opportunity to possibly defeat pestilence.
“What? Can I see twilight?” she levitates the book towards me as I read the spell memorising it “thank you so much twilight I can possibly use this…” maybe now I have chance to beat him. Suddenly I am snapped out of my thoughts by the sound of spike burping who would be sending twilight a letter now?

“Lieutenant Breeze where is your fire team?” I snap out of my day dream “oh sorry sir fire team bravo in position awaiting orders” I silently curse myself for allowing my guard to slip like that and for daydreaming “well then can you see the objective?”
“the objective is in sight yes sir”
“well then lieutenant the stage is yours try and do this stealthily but engage hostiles if you need to” I cock my what is that thing again the stick that fires death oh yes a gun I cock my gun and motion to the humans behind me to move out…

I am suddenly aware of eyes on me and my vision stabilises to see twilight and spike looking at me “are you ok autumn? You must have experienced another dream.”
“Ah yes the dreamsesesss!” oh Celestia no not her…. Just as I feared Pinkie jumps into my vision “helloooo miss sleepy weepy head!” Ok Autumn time to put up with her again just play it cool.
“Hello pinkie what uh brings you here?” yeah…that is cool as a cucumber… maybe twilight was right maybe I do need a rest…
“well I didn’t know where you went after the big flash of light at Canterlot so I came back here and tried to find twilight to see where you went and she was all like oh no autumn hasn’t returned? And I was like nopie dopie and she was like oh I see and I was like yep and then I went to sugar cube corner and….”
“Ok pinkie we get the idea” oh thank you for shutting her up twilight I don’t know how much more of that I could have taken… I just nod and smile at pinkie
“well that answers my question thank you”
“so where is that other unicorn Stormy wormy then?” my ears drop at the mention of his name and I swallow a lump…
“he’s gone….”
“Gone? Well where has he gone?” she is bouncing up and down as she normally does…
“No pinkie I mean he is dead” at this she stops mid bounce and slowly sinks to the ground her ears flat
“oh….” I don’t know why but seeing her reaction I can’t help but smile slightly what is wrong with me? Hmmm maybe a good night’s sleep can reveal the answers…

“We have been compromised it was an ambush they were waiting lieutenant” I curse and stop my fire team.
”The captain needs our help team fall back forget the package and assist the captain”

I awake in my bed ok so now the dreams hit me in my sleep as well…this can’t be good…. I hear hoofsteps on the stairs “who is there?” I see a shadow of a unicorn in the doorway even though the hall light is on the figure is in shadow. The mysterious figure steps into my room towards a patch of moonlight and what I see horrifies me to no end I can’t help but gasp for standing in the moonlight by my bed is….Storm…