• Published 6th Jul 2012
  • 664 Views, 6 Comments

Two Lifetimes - Nightstalker18

  • ...
6
 6
 664

In the middle of the night

“I...I…I thought you were dead”
“Now that’s no way to talk about your oldest friend”
“Wait what?”
“It’s a long story”
“I have a long time”
“Fine… well some time ago in a town called Bridlehinton”
The sun was shining the birds were singing…
“When did you get so cheesy?”
“STORM!!!! This is meant to be a flashback leave it alone!”
“Sorry Autumn”
“Anyways” and all was well and happy in the Town of Bridlehinton then one day as I was trotting down the road a filly turned up he introduced himself as “P…P…Purebolt.” The other ponies all laughed at him because of the silliness of his name I went up to him to try and comfort him “I don’t think your name is silly in fact I like it better than my name.” A smile played across his face and then broke out into a wide smile. “Thank you uh…”
“Autumn Breeze.”
“Miss Autumn Breeze can you show me around the town?” From that moment onwards Purebolt followed me like a shadow never leaving my side he even lived with me in my house. But then one day Purebolt had obviously been scared by something because he was bombing through the town square bumping into the other ponies sometimes barging them out the way he was calling my name at the top of his voice “AUTUMN HELP!!!” At the time I was with Storm doing our favourite pastime together which was pony watching at the local bar we would sit at the bar watch the ponies coming in and out and gave them little stories but I still heard Purebolt shouting for me. “Storm that sounds like pure bolt maybe I should go see what he wants”
“it’s probably some silly filly fear its nothing”
“Ok but I should just go see if it isn’t” So without further ado I ran outside but as soon as I got outside Purebolt barged into a pony and promptly fell over irritating the pony “watch it you silly filly!” At that all the ponies laughed at him for he had never really fitted in anyway but as soon as he was being laughed at for the umpteenth time something inside him finally snapped. He jumped onto the pony and clamped down on his head and proceeded to try and pull it off. I ran to the pony and prised Purebolt off him “What the hay? Why did you do that Purebolt?” He then closed his eyes but when he opened them again they were somehow different.
“My…name…is…not…Purebolt” at that statement his flank glowed with a black aura and a cutie mark appeared it was…a pony skull and crossbones then he rose into the air and the black aura enveloped him and all everypony could hear was a manic laughter emitting from the ball that housed Purebolt. After a short while the ball evaporated in a brilliant flash of light when our eyes had adjusted there where Purebolt once stood was a tall colt with a dull green and black coat, a long flowing mane made out of a green cloud of smoke swirling about his figure the same went for his tail he also sported a long sharp horn on top of his head when he spoke he sounded like he was speaking from a long way off yet his voice was loud and powerful. “MY…NAME…IS…PESTILENCE!!!” Whilst everypony was running around screaming Storm strode up to Pestilence and challenged him to a battle of magic when Pestilence accepted the battle began soon though Storm was weakening then he looked at me his horn glowing pure white with the effort brightened and he said to me “Go save yourself I can handle Pestilence”
“But Storm!”
“No buts JUST GO!! I’m sorry it had to end this way but just RUN!!!” And run I did as I ran out of Bridlehinton it was engulfed in a white explosion and incinerated everything was destroyed….
“So that’s why I thought Storm was dead.”
“I see you have made a new life for yourself here in Ponyville.”
“Yes I tried to make a new life it was only here that it really felt like being back in Bridlehinton.”
“Uh ponies we are going off the subject here I only brought Storm here because he was experiencing unexplainable dreams like you.”
“Wait you’ve been having weird dreams of another land as well?”
“Yes I….”
I am in a hospital lying facing the ceiling my left hindleg is still hurting from the wound inflicted by the flying object hitting it at a high speed. One of the creatures walks in dressed as a nurse pony but without the tail and it covers her whole body not just the head “Ok miss we have removed the bullet from your leg but you won’t be able to walk properly for a few days so allow the wound to heal please.” I look down at my left hindleg it is bandaged up and hurts like anything. Suddenly an alarm goes off in the hospital and one of the creatures dressed all in black charges in they are holding one of the weird stick things I was holding in the building earlier he points it at the nurses head and pushes the stumpy thing into the sticking down part there is a bang and the nurse collapses to the floor….
“Autumn...Autumn you’re awake…wow you scared me there what happened?”
“Well I blank out experience a dream and then awake on the floor or come to my senses in a different place its really weird can you help me Storm?”
“No I can’t Autumn but I think I know someone who can… Twilight get Spike we have a letter to write….