• Published 5th Feb 2017
  • 807 Views, 15 Comments

You're a Princess Now - SprocketProductions



In an alternate universe, a stallion is elected as a Princess.

  • ...
3
 15
 807

The Overbearing Prince part 2

Get... Off... My bench...

Golden watched the fountain in the courtyard with the dancing of the streams of pure, clear water. The quiet atmosphere of the area was only broken by the playful dancing of the fluid pumped by the fountain. He closed his eyes, sighing and breathing a relaxed breath out. He leaned back against the back of the bench. The slightly cool air blew over his hair, causing it to drift in the relaxing breeze. This was as much of a break as he had gotten since being elected. There was nopony to bother him, he could just sit there and soak in the slight warmth of the sun and feel the wind cool him back down before he got too hot.

"Enjoying yourself?" The prince's voice called out from somewhere behind him.

He opened his eyes and glared forward, "I was..."

"Not anymore? I'm sure you can put up with one pony being here too." He remarked.

Golden sighed, "Part of why I wanted to be here was to be alone for a change."

"If you were married to me, you could always be alone with me if you wanted." He tried to be seductive.

Golden shuddered at the thought of spending the rest of his life with the prince of Saddle Arabian prince. The act would be pure hell to him, considering his experience with him. He wasn't interested in stallions anyway, not that there was anything wrong with being interested in stallions, just that he wasn't.

The prince cleared his throat, "Perhaps that wasn't the correct suggestion..."

"Yeah, not even close." Golden retorted.

He laughed, "So what would you desire from a relationship?"

"I'm not sure." Golden hadn't thought about what he would want in a relationship before, as he wasn't really in the ideology that a relationship would be a beneficial thing, as his living conditions previously would've been bad for somepony else to live with him.

The prince smiled, "I understand that deeply. May I tell you something?"

"What is it?" Golden looked at him, curiously.

He looked at the ground, embarrassed, "Due to what my parents named me, I've never been able to keep a relationship. The mares are always too judgemental."

"Why? What's your name?" Golden asked.

He sighed, "My parents saw dollar signs and literally named me Prince."

"Ouch, that's got to be awkward." Golden told him, sympathetically.

Prince nodded, "I know. I live with it, but it seems to hinder me in my country, even though I am indeed royalty."

"I don't think it's that there's nopony who's interested. I think you need to be looking at the ponies who you know would actually care about you, not the ones who just jump at the opportunity to date the prince. Is there anypony you feel is caring enough that they would provide a good life partner?" Golden inquired.

He looked at Golden, "You seem caring, and I have no doubt that you would make a good life partner."

"Does it? Well, I can honestly see being friends with you at this point, but a life partner for you, I am not. I'm sorry." He leaned back in the bench again.

Prince sat down close, "I can still try to win you over, can I not?"

"I suppose, but I wouldn't hold my breath." He said.

Prince smiled, "It's not a guarantee, it is my goal. What about your name? How did your parents name you?"

"Golden Glow? They saw my hair, and the sunlight-like quality it had, and they saw Golden Glow as a fitting name. It's a little basic of a name if you ask me." He responded.

Prince leaned in close and spoke softly into his ear, "I like it. It sounds pretty."

There was that description again, pretty. The word Golden reluctantly loved being described as. He opened his eyes and got up, walking back inside and leaving Prince alone in the courtyard. Prince knew not to follow Golden. He obviously had thoughts to sort out. They both had things to work out internally before it was time for the banquet. Golden decided to go to his and Marble's room. That was honestly the only place he knew he could really be alone. He pushed past politicians and business ponies wanting to propose a system or deal until he finally got to the room, where he closed the door, turned around, and found Marble.

"I got the diplomat to agree to the negotiation. Now all you need to do is make friends with the prince." She told him.

He looked at her, "I think I already have. The only problem is that he wants to be more than friends."

"I figured that would happen..." She looked at him sympathetically.

He sighed, "I really don't want to be with him. I mean, I want to eventually be with somepony, but I don't think I ever want to be with a-"

Marble interrupted him with a kiss, on the lips. Golden was startled at first. His eyes widened at her, but then he relaxed and closed his eyes, kissing her back. The moment was the longest one he had ever experienced in a very long time, but certainly not in a bad way. A blissful eternity later, the two backed away and looked at each other. Marble went out to help prepare for the banquet, but Golden stayed there, stunned in the room. Was this what love felt like? Was this who he was supposed to be with? He certainly wouldn't be opposed to it. He liked Marble, a lot. She would be a great life partner, and he wouldn't mind doing a lot of taking care of her the way she had taken care of him. So then, he asked himself the question again, mentally. Was this what love felt like?

Author's Note:

Well, this one had more plot points than I had first planned. This'll be a good progression though, I think.