• Published 5th Feb 2017
  • 799 Views, 15 Comments

You're a Princess Now - SprocketProductions



In an alternate universe, a stallion is elected as a Princess.

  • ...
3
 15
 799

You're a Princess, Golden!

Unbelievable, not only did I end up on the ballot for the princess, but somehow, ponies voted for me, for a Princess!

Golden Glow was hyperventilating, and didn't exactly know what to do when his name was called to stage. He felt a nudge from his friend, White Lily.

He turned and glared at her, "They made a mistake. Probably read the wrong name. I'm not supposed to go up there, obviously, so let's just wait a second longer and see who actually won the election."

"Ahem, Golden Glow? Is she sick today? She was supposed to be here today." Said the mare announcing the final nominee.

Golden timidly walked the stage, seeing various ponies smile as he stepped up and to the center for everyone to see him crowned what he expected to be prince of Equestria. He was sure the announcer simply said the wrong word, though that crown was looking rather feminine and tiara-like. It probably wasn't the actual crown, just the tiara there for symbolic purposes, standing in to represent the previous Royal figure. He watched it get passed in front of him, and get raised above his head, and- oh no...

The previous princess stepped forward, "Please welcome Princess Golden Glow to the throne!"

No, it couldn't be, he wasn't the princess! He was, well he was a HE! What kind of princess is male? Obviously there was some kind of mistake. It would soon be resolved and it would be all better. He would serve as the prince, and all would be fine, right?

One hour later, Golden was in a frilly dress fit for a princess. The worst possible thing had happened. Golden was a Princess.

"You have to be the cutest princess I've worked with in my time here!" The young maid spoke in a high pitched tone.

Golden sighed, "I don't want to snap at you, so let me tell you as calmly as I can think to. I'm not female."

"WHAT?!?!" The mare exclaimed, unceremoniously looking up my dress, "How did I not notice that?"

He turned, pulling the skirt of the dress off of the mare's head, "I guess you were a little excited, dressing a princess..."

"I'm so sorry about that. I just thought you were a mare when you put your name in the prince ballot, and I thought you had accidentally done that and-" She was interrupted.

Golden screamed, "YOU WHAT!?!?"

"You're not too disappointed in me, are you?" She asked.

He looked into her soft eyes, "Oh, how could I be mad at that face? Plus, I'm sure it's a mistake we can get fixed right away, right?"

"Well, not exactly. The ponies who created this system didn't take mistakes like these into mind... And do you know what kind of political unrest you would cause if the princess were revealed to be more of a prince?" She calmly informed.

He looked down, "So I'm stuck being a princess, huh?"

"Well you could always back out." The mare offered.

He looked at her confidently, "Back out? I would never back out! The ponies wanted me to be their princess, so I'll be the best princess I can be!"

"Your sense of duty make you even cuter!" The mare squealed.

His face straightened as he looked at her, "Oh yeah, also, what's your name?"

"Oh, I'm so sorry, I should've told you already. I'm Marble Fountain. I'll be your assistant for at least the next five years," She smiled.

He smiled at Marble, "Well, it's nice to meet you! Wish I could've under less awkward circumstances though."

The two talked to each other, getting to know more about the other as they grew closer to the dining room for the first Royal diner of this potential ten year term. Several butlers prepared the two plates, one for Golden, and one for Marble. All ponies aside from the two then left the room. Golden SAT down at one plate, and Marble sat at the other.

"I expected a bigger table and more ponies for a Royal diner. But I guess this is okay." Golden said.

Marble giggled softly a bit, "They prefer to give the princess and her assistant privacy during diner. The staff and other residents eat in the banquet hall."

"I guess that makes sense..." Golden remarked.

The two ate their exquisite meals eagerly and quietly. This fil-hay minion was amazing. Golden had never tasted something this good. If being a princess meant this kind of treatment, he would be willing to be one for the rest of his life. Though, this was just food, and not a particularly good reason to keep being a princess.

Marble wiped her lips with her napkin, "I know this whole thing is difficult and awkward, but please at least give it a try. Who knows? Maybe you'll like being a princess."

"Don't worry, I won't back out, you can count on that. But I'm not looking forward to meeting princess." Golden replied.

Marble laughed, "At least as far as we know, you only have to meet one prince to help out our situation with Saddle Arabia."

"That's one more prince than I'm prepared to meet with..." Mused Golden.

She laughed again, "Just make sure he knows you're not interested and you should be fine. Unless he pursues you, that is..."

"If he pursues me, should I tell him about, you know?" He asked.

Her face straightened, "Only if it's a last resort. I don't think it would go over well with Saddle Arabia."

The two finished their meals and exited, proceeding down the hall to their bedroom. Golden wondered how much they would share. Thankfully, they had separate beds on either side of the room. Golden took off his dress, down to his lingerie, which still left him wondering how Marble dressed him to that degree without noticing he was male, and began to put on the silk pajamas on his bed. He actually enjoyed wearing these, they were extremely soft. He turned around, seeing his assistant in a similar set of pajamas, looking extra cute. The two proceeded to the connected bathroom and brushed their teeth. Once done, they proceeded to their beds and went to sleep.

Golden's dream was vivid and brightly colored. He saw an extremely green field of grass, dotted with flowers of all colors. Trees surrounded the area, and the sky was a deep blue with the clouds almost looking painted on. He was in the middle of a patch of soft, sweet smelling flowers, laying on his back. He turned his head to the side and saw the prince of Saddle Arabia, going in for the kiss. He awoke to his assistant gently trying to wake up.

"You just saved me from a prince trying to kiss me." He said, groggily.

She shivered a bit, "I can't sleep... It's cold..."

It was indeed cold, and uncomfortably so. Golden wondered how he had fallen asleep at this temperature. He thought for a moment, peering through the dark into Marble's eyes. She looked pitiful, shivering and unable to talk in a consistent tone.

"Get in." He sighed.

Marble quietly slipped into the bed and Golden wrapped his hooves around the pony who had obviously been more used to warmer temperatures. Before long, the two had warmed each other up to a very comfortable level, and they fell asleep with ease. This time, when he fell asleep, he dreamed of laying in the same location, only instead of an awkwardly romantic prince, he held a sleeping Marble closely, as the warm wind softly blew, letting the subtle movement in the clouds commence. This was a dream he could get behind. This was one he wouldn't mind being real.

Author's Note:

It'll pick up and get way funnier further through, I promise.