• Published 21st Feb 2017
  • 1,101 Views, 21 Comments

Remastered Reality - Nova Borealis



The ponies and angels have made it to the Empire but have no means of getting home for 6 years. What is the Empress in question hiding? Like all nations, conspiracies will be found, and they might not like what they see.

  • ...
3
 21
 1,101

[01] The Journey Begins

Author's Note:

To make things easier I will highlight words that can be found in the Archive. If the word is spoken by a character then it will be underlined.

------======\[0]/======-------

last time on the Chronicles of a Lost Angel

Our pony friends from our favorite girly TV show fought for their lives against a deadly corrupted cybernetic angel powered by the cores of her victims. Luckily Serena managed to help them not die against a being specifically designed to kill one of the most powerful entities in existence. The angel's creator finally revealed herself to the young world to purge the fallen angel of her dark ways. Unfortunately it was just an elaborate trap to trick her into leaving the Empire to lock the door behind her. All of this planed by one of Nova's trusted Circle Members to ultimately result in this member to steal the power of the Gateway in an attempt to take over the Empire, but Nova managed to get to the other side of the unstable wormhole. The battle that fallowed was spectacular and short but in the end, good prevailed. Now they stand atop a spire overlooking a floating island almost as old as Nova herself inside a colossal starship drifting through a highly energetic nebula caused by Nova, commonalty referred to by her enemies as the Incoming Fire. The name that strikes fear into any who face her and joy into those who she saves.

(I would advise reading it to better understand what's happening. Unless you have already done so.)

Nova

"So believe it or not this is actually the bridge." I say to the ponies around me. Discord floats lazily as he fallows the group. One by one they look around inside the large open room we stand in. The room is circular as struts come out of the walls to meet up with a ring several feet off the floor. This ring has smaller rings inside it yet they appear to not be stationary, but still remain in place, unmoving. A faint blue light glows with in the gap of these rings. Above them is a large assortment of robotic arms hanging from the ceiling, each tipped with mass projectors. The ceiling is dome shaped, arching over us with a faint blue glow indicating us of a domed hard light shield. Above the projector arms is a large X shaped structure that gently curves down, this is in fact a weaponized bubble shield. The domed ceiling arches down to the solid Dileoum wall that circles the room. Two feet of Dileoum circles the floor yet even more hard light composes the floor and meets up with the center of the room. This hard light is not as clear as the other hard light sheilding they have seen, this is more hazy as blue light peacefully radiates from it. The light fades to white once it meets the center of the room. I hear a few "oos" and "awes" from those who have never seen a quantum converter.

"This is...incredible..." says Twilight with a sense of amazement in her voice.

"Well I designed this ship before I knew life beyond me existed." I say as I recall building Solitude with my yet untamed raw power the first unrefined version of this ship, appearance wise little has changed.

"And by extension, basic starship designs." says V.

"That's why their's only one turret on this thing." I say as I point my finger up matter-O-factly.

"Why is that?" asks Serena chiming in. We walk to the center of the room as some of the ponies look up to take in the room's ambience.

"The turret is used for heavy weapon testing deemed too large to be mounted onto an angel. It has a telescopic scanner for targeting" informs V to make some feel puzzled that a ship like this even has weapons, and even a fully functional starship for that matter.

"Most of the time it's used as a telescope." I say with a shrug.

"That's unsettling..." says Twilight with a concerned tone.

"Oh hush, their's plenty of safety protocols. Speaking of safety!" I say with a wink. V deactivates the hard light floor to let us fall into a tube of hard light. My posture remains unchanged as I cross my arms. Discord fallows the flow of gravity as he laughs.

"Oh ho ho! You are FULL of surprises!" he yells as the others reluctantly scream.

"Calm your tits! Seriously you should expect this from me now!" I yell to calm them.

"This is the 3rd time they've fallen for this." says V through my headset's exterior speakers.

"Never gets old hahaa!" yell as I do a few flips as we fall.

"We should reach the Library with in 2 minutes unless our controlled fall accelerates." says Serena as she falls next to Necra.

"This reminds me of your lab back on Equestria." says Necra with a smile as she reminisces back to falling into Serena's underground floating castle.

"Is their going to be any more falling today?" asks Dash as she glides down with us.

"No, you have no need to worry...I think we can all agree that we've all had enough excitement for one day." I say with concern knowing full well that I NEED to call in a meeting of the Eternal Circle to address the horrible betrayal of Raugna Shard. The tube of light vanishes as we all slow down. All around us we see shelves layered atop shelves of books. So many books that it would put the library in the Crystal Empire to utter shame. Our momentum vanishes as we gracefully land on a large blue circle on the floor. lining it is an obsidian ring that has a light brown marble floor that touches the wall of books. The only things in the room is a small pedistol and a few couches. Atop the pedistol is a book, but it is a book like no other. Before the others could even take a closer look Rarity gasps so loud that the others turn around to see an archway. I walk into it and stand at the edge of a balcony.

"This is the ballroom." We all stand on a balcony with large circular ballroom the size of a hoofball felid. On both sides of use are doorways that lead into different rooms and a curved staircase that leads down. The ceiling arches up in a shallow dome shape with the center of it having a large glowing spike hanging from it, with synthetic glowing sun crystals in slow orbit around it, electricity silently arches to them ever few seconds to keep them energized, giving the room the feeling of standing under a warm summer's morning with gentle solar radiation hitting our skin. Each sun crystal is lightly curved to gently hug the spike as each piece is refined and flawless like a diamond. The walls have platinum struts built into them that line them and reach up to the sky like ceiling covered with small controlled clouds that orbit the chandelier. The walls have countless crystals built into them to form a flawless mural of spectacular nebulas with dust and planets being made from non reflective minerals and brighter colors being made from crystals. The white stars being made from special type of diamond found in white dwarf stars. The floor of the ballroom is highly detailed marble from countless worlds to fit a complex circular geometric pattern resembling a magic circle and a sacred symbol Twilight never thought she'd ever see, the symbol of creation itself. The Flower of Life. At the foot of each staircase are large thin archways that lead into a museum of ancient relics suspended in stasis fields built into the walls. Directly parallel to them is a large door that goes half way up to the ceiling but is only a 3rd of it's hight in width. This door is pearly white with dark gray lines that meet up at a highly detailed circle in the center of the surface area. From this angle not much detail from the museum can be seen.

"I...you...throw galas in here?" asks Starlight as the rest of the ponies walk up to the edge of the balcony.

"Not too often, lucky for you the Solitary Ball is coming up soon. And in a few weeks no less." I say with a hint of satisfaction.

"Don't get too comfortable, I already called the Circle Members. You should probably go to the undisclosed meeting location." says V to get me back on track. Knowing that this betrayal must be dealt with accordingly.

"Not even a day of relaxation huh?" I say as I put my hands on my hips and look at the chandelier.

"Oh please, like you even need one at this point." she says in a sassy tone.

"True, my job is like one infinite vacation most of the time. And I imagine they will be outraged by this shocking news..." I say as my hands drifts to my chin.

"What's the Eternal Circle?" asks Pinkie, she must had read the Archive chapter to know what I was talking about.

"Stop breaking the 4th wall, around these parts, that's my job." I say slightly annoyed.

"Oooook..." she says cautiously.

"The Eternal Circle is a group of 12 eternal purebloods that run the Empire. I am the 13th member and act as the master debater in the meetings." I say to get a few chuckles around me.

"It's not an orgy. Trust me, those are NOT fun...unless you like being treated like an object." I say to suddenly change their expressions as if I've been in one before.

"What? I'm literally older then dirt, I've done just about everything." I say with a smirk. "The point is, we are the ones who run the Empire. Now their is plenty of conspiracy theories about the Circle, the Island, the Innovation, VALeRY, and me. So if you have any questions, I can set the record straight before those nut jobs ruin your minds...so long as it's not classified." I say as my tone turns a bit dark. I jump off the balcony and float just in front of the chandelier.

"Where DID you get your sense of style!?" yells Rarity as she takes in every detail of the ballroom from the edge of the balcony as she leans on the victorian styled wooden railing.

"Remember what I've said about doing just about anything?" I say with a slight hint of annoyance. I slowly fall to the floor below as the ponies walk down the stairs. The angels leap off and land next to me. They all notice 3 large doors under the balcony. The one in the center is a large pitch black tetrahedron door that has a red atomic symbol in the center with a blue circle around it. Discord seems unnerved by what might lay behind it and fears what secrets it may hold, knowing it can never be known unless you enter it, as if their is no possible way of entering the still unknown room except by opening that locked door. Even if you were to blast through the wall to get into the room you would not actually enter it, but an empty void of unknown origin.

"What...is that?" he asks as he slowly lifts his claw to point at said door. The others look at the door and feel the same but not as intensely as Discord.

"Let it be known, what lies behind that door is well beyond your comprehension. Many have tried to enter it, only to die by the tripping one of the countless traps. But what I can say is this...it's bigger on the inside." I say with a dark tone only for it to suddenly change to chipper as I add that last sentence.

"Years ago when I wasn't even a billion years old I was so intelligent that my vary spirit was disintegrating...I felt like I knew everything. I might as well have knowing that I managed to stabilize myself..." I say in a somber tone as I turn back to that door and reminisce about the many lives that I had to end to protect it.

"I'm...so sorry." says Twilight in a futile attempt to comfort me.

"Like any being, no matter how powerful, has their limits, even what ever god you believe in. I was ripped into existence with a spiritual abnormality...I can only imagine this was ultimately caused by every last pureblood in existence being killed...I theorize countless purebloods were killed at once. The result would a catastrophic dimensional shockwave. Over time the energy must have recombined in the furthest reaches of the ultraverse. And thus I was born." I say in an increasingly serious tone. As I tell my tale the room becomes dead silent with shock and fear by what force could have done that to an entire species of celestial beings.

"That however, is only theoretical as for why my IQ had no possible way of measuring how high it was. I knew that my spirit would eventually break down and die, and with it, my universe. At the time the universe was small, misty, and hot. I made Solitude and build a lab. I made a black hole into it's power core, only for it to gain sentience and become VALeRY." I inform them tentatively.

"Hello again." says V with a smile on her now visible avatar.

"But that's not all...no...far from it...The problem was still very much there. If I didn't do anything then the universe would end in a few billion years. I had to do something. After exploring every possible solution I had an idea. A large part of my spirit was unstable but I knew my soul would regenerate if damaged. So I did the unthinkable. I split off a large part of my spirit until their was hardly any part of me left...and put it inside a machine. This machine, was the Universal Control Room. Many eons later I ejected my universe from the ultraverse and became secluded from everything. Eventually my universe began to multiply and cause big bangs all around it to burst the purebloods back into existence. My species returned from the bloody ashes and began to rise again. And thus, the United Empire of Harmonia was born. And with it, the Universal control room evolved...into something I never thought was even possible. The Multiversal Control Room, the absolute pinnacle of technological and magical engineering. The power to directly manipulate the laws of reality made possible by the best user interface imaginable inside the single most defended room in all of time. All of it, powered by a fragment of my soul that once spread through me like cancer." I say as I will the door to the MV Room to open. What is revealed petrifies my guests and even Epsilon. A pitch black void is seen so dark that structure is not seen. The only thing that can be seen in this void is a blue soothing light. The nature of what they see before them makes them feel uneasy and disturbed as their minds play tricks on them. As if an infinitely long yet contained hall is separating the actual MV room to the door that leads to the ballroom.

"That, is the hallway of death. A 100,000 yettopasect long hallway filled to the brim with every trap imaginable and unimaginable built into the walls, floor, ceiling, and even the space that makes up the hallway. If you manage to survive the onslaught of death and make it to the end, The hallway will loop. Making you stand in a small area where your not being plated with projectiles with 100,000 yettopasects worth of traps on either side. The deeper you go, the longer the hallway gets. Only I can deactivate it because of my spiritual connection to the Multiversal Control Room."

"The cool kids call it the MV Room." says V with a smirk.

"Oh please, they don't teach the kids about this thing in school." I say nonchalantly. The ponies are speechless yet Epsilon is the first to speak.

"This must be what Slayer was after...wait this sounds like the kind of thing you'd want to keep secret. Why are you telling us this?"

"This is now public knowledge...because some one actually made it in." I say darkly as I remember the final days of the Void Wars. The door to the MV Room closes and locks.

"He's dead now." I say bluntly.

"For the time being, make yourselves at home." says V as the two doors on the second floor open to let butler sentinels enter the room. They all take a U formation around us.

"Yes, I need to go to the meeting, In the mean time go take a look around. I must warn you though, some places in here are a bit...daunting." I say to them. I jump off the ground and charge my wings to get ready to fly out the front door. The gray lines on the large door glow blue for a moment before opening to reveal a long overgrown stone path. surrounded by trees and meadows.

"Wait! Before you go...when can we go home?" asks Twilight with small hint of worry in her voice. I look down at the floor to think of a way to tell her.

"6 years from now." I say with a somber tone, before they could object I burst out of the room as I absorb the sound waves caused by my sonic boom with a floush. They already know the rest...it won't take much to put two and two together.

Don't worry my dear viewers, Serena and Necra will still be in many chapters to come.