• Published 5th Jul 2012
  • 1,058 Views, 2 Comments

Equestrian Anthology - Shingo



A series of short disconnected stories.

  • ...
0
 2
 1,058

Technicality

“Really?” asked a fire-maned bat winged pegasus. “That’s what you want? Anything you could desire in exchange for your soul, and you ask for that?”

“That’s right,” said a pink pony with a cheerful tone. “Why wouldn’t I want that? If I have that, then I can make all my friends happy.” The demon looked at the pony with confusion in his empty eyes. After a few seconds of silence, he shrugged.

“All right then,” he said. He tapped his hooves twice, and in a burst of flame a piece of parchment appeared. “Sign here and the deal is done.” The pink pony eagerly scratched her name on the parchment. After she was done, the paper rolled itself up then burst into flame. The demon smiled.

“Great, now for my part.” The demon put his head to the pink pony’s. Knowledge flowed into her mind. Thousands of ideas came into her in an instant. Some of them were new to her, while other pieces were old, and some of the information gave her confidence to try what she was too scared to try. All the knowledge revolved around one thing: parties. The pony could not be happier.

“Yay!” she cheered. “Now I can throw a million parties and never repeat myself!” The demon chuckled. This was the part he liked the best. This was when the mortal was at their happiest after the deal. After a few minutes of elation, they would realize what they had done.

“NOW!” his voice boomed. A large circle of fire surrounded both the demon and pony. “PINKIE PIE! YOUR SOUL IS MINE!” He laughed a throaty laugh. This was when he would see them cower, and it always made him laugh. He continued laughing until… why was there someone else laughing? He looked at the pony to find her laughing as well.

“Huh,” he said. “I’ve never seen a mortal so happy about eternal damnation. Ah well, your soul Pinkie.” He pushed out his right hoof towards the pony.

“Okie doki loki!” she said. “Just wait here for a few seconds.”

“Of course… wait what?” The pony leapt over the fire and landed in front of a mirror. She then walked into the mirror, the glass rippling like water as she entered.

How in Tartarus did she do that? The mirror once again rippled and the pony returned with what the demon assumed was a friend. She leapt over the fire again and stood in front of the demon. The sight confused him. In front of him was the pony he struck a deal with, and what looked like a caricature of said pony. The caricature’s body was incredibly small. She had four stumps coming from her body. Each stump looked like a tumour had grown on it. Its head was as long and tall as its body. Supporting it was a tiny stub one could call a neck if they retooled their definition. Everything about it was disproportionate. It shared the same colour scheme as the pony, except its mane and tail were a lighter shade of pink than its body. On her flank was the pony's cutie mark only more detailed.

“Who or what is that?” he asked pointing at the caricature.

“I’m Pinkie Pie,” it said. “Nice to meet you.” The demon blinked. He looked to the mortal he made a deal with, she had a wide smile on her face. Realization dawned on him and he let out a bellowing laugh.

“Oh, clever girl,” he said. “Well done, so I assume I take her soul instead?”

“That’s right,” the mortal replied.

“What are you two talking about?” it asked. The demon looked into the caricature’s eyes. Its eyes shrunk into pin pricks as she opened her mouth. A blood curling scream was coming from it as a blue energy left the mouth. The scream could be heard all around Ponyville and for a brief moment, everypony felt an overwhelming feeling of fear. The last of the energy left the body as it fell on the floor. A swirling sphere of energy floated in front of the demon.

“Well played mortal,” he said. “Well played.” The demon tapped the floor and a column of fire surrounded him. The fire dissipated leaving a burnt circle on the ground. The pony dragged the empty husk towards the mirror. She threw it into the mirror and once again it rippled. A knocking came from the entrance.

“Everything all right in there?” a female voice asked. “What was that screaming Pinkie?”

“Nothing Mrs. Cake,” the pony responded. “Just getting new party ideas.”