• Published 7th Jan 2017
  • 3,346 Views, 43 Comments

SAVE - Golden Flare



After being the most ostracized student at CHS, you wanted to be a part of something greater. Your pleas were enough for some unseen being to give you the power to "SAVE".

  • ...
7
 43
 3,346

[MAIN STORY] NEITHER

Author's Note:

By popular audience demand, "you" have chosen Option 3! Hope you enjoy the outcome!

You make the sensible choice and chose neither side, you'd rather resolve this than pick an unnecessary fight. With your decision made, you walk over to them and try to calm them down.

"Hey, hey, hey! What's going on here?" you asked, pretending not to know what happened.

You let the two explain their piece, despite the fact that you already knew the story, but they didn't need to know that. After the two of them were done, you take a deep breath and speak.

"Okay...Rainbow Dash, did anyone tell you that Applejack's bake sale was on a different day?"

Rainbow tried to retort, but began thinking about it, "Yeah...now that you mention it...Snips told me that Applejack told him that the bake sale would be rescheduled."

"Ah never told Snips that, Ah don't even speak ta him, since he an' Snails run with Sunset Shimmer." Applejack replies.

At that moment, everything clicks into place for the two.

"She tricked us!!" they both shout.

You clap slowly, "Eureka, and now you're up to speed."

They still looked unsure about this whole thing and you sigh.

"Look, I understand that you two have been at each other's throats since Sunset Shimmer took over, but can't you girls at least TRY to tolerate each other until we get this mess sorted out?"

They looked at you, then themselves, and shook hands.

"Good."

The bell for the next class rings.

"Gotta go!"

You head back into the restroom to SAVE again so you won't have to go through this twice and go to your next class.


After the final bell rings, you began to leave the school until you noticed something at the soccer field; a new girl with purple skin and dark blue hair with a pink and purple streak in it, hanging out with the five girls who were just about at war with one another. Had she brought them back together? Either way, it was none of your business, so you continued on your way.

"Hey!"

You were called by Rainbow Dash, who was running to the fence towards you.

"You're the person who tried to help me and AJ, right?"

"Uh...yeah, why?" you ask.

"We're all going to the Sweet Shoppe to celebrate our friendships being mended, you wanna come?"

"Well..."

"Aw, c'mon! You helped us, right? It wouldn't seem right to leave you out."

"...Okay then."

The girls arrived and cheered at your choice.

"Just...let me use the bathroom real quick."

You run back into the school to SAVE one more time, but if you stayed longer you would've noticed the girls getting suspicious.

"Hey...that person's been using the bathroom all day today." Rainbow pointed out.

"Yeah..." Pinkie said, then gasped loudly, "I know! We never got that person's name!"

Applejack didn't look so sure, "Uh, Ah don't think that's what—"

"Done!" you ran back to the girls, "Ready to go?"

Before anyone could question you, Pinkie beat them to it, "Yup! But first, what's your name?"

You clear your throat, "My name is..."


You all got your drinks and sat at a table where there was a couch. After telling them your name, you and the girls arrived at the aforementioned Sweet Shoppe. While enjoying your beverage, you watched the exchange between the purple girl, whom of which you learned was named Twilight, and CHS's pretty boy ROCKER, Flash Sentry.

"I'm gonna go over there now." Twilight said, backing away until she hit the counter and rushed to the table, twirling her hair all the while.

"Don't even think about it." Rarity chastised, "You're already trying to get her crown. Who knows what Sunset Shimmer would do if you ended up getting her ex-boyfriend, too?"

Twilight rambled a bit before saying, "Ex-boyfriend?"

"Flash Sentry broke up with her three weeks ago," Fluttershy said, "I'm just surprised that something awful hasn't happened to him yet."

The pretty boy himself walked past the table and smiled at Twilight, who had a worried look when she spoke.

"Maybe she's just waiting until she has the power to do something really awful."

You raise an eyebrow, "What makes you say that?"

"Just a feeling."

"Hmm..." you hum.

Applejack brings up the fact that Twilight doesn't have the votes she needs to become Fall Formal Princess. As usual, you tuned them out, it had nothing to do with you, so began thinking about your new power. When you woke up this morning, you had the ability to SAVE, now at Gym, there was a battle system, could it be that you might be able to level up? And if so, do you have some kind of stat screen that you can pull up? You want to test this theory, but not with the girls or anybody else around, for all you know, you might be the only one who can see all this stuff.

"Uh, hello?"

You were roused from your train of thought when Rainbow spoke up, for some reason, all the girls were staring at you in curiosity. You blush in embarrassment as you were not used to all this attention on you. You awkwardly cough and address them.

"S-Sorry, my mind was elsewhere. What are we talking about?"

Twilight explained the situation in layman's terms and this time you listened. They were planning to use the old Canterlot Wondercolt ears and tails as a sign of unity to bring the school together against Sunset Shimmer and even going as far as a musical number at the cafeteria tomorrow.

"That...honestly sounds like a great idea." they all smile at your words, then you stand up and get to leave, "Let me know how it goes."

The girls were shocked by your dismissal, but Rainbow wasn't having it as she grabbed your arm, "Oh, no! You're not getting off THAT easy!" she smirks, "You're gonna join us!"

"Not a chance." Rainbow's gusto promptly vanished at your words, "I don't like having a lot of attention focused on me."

"How are you supposed to be daring and courageous with an attitude like that?" Rainbow asked, trying to look cool, but your patience was wearing thin.

"Maybe I don't WANT to be! Did you ever think about THAT?!"

The girls were taken aback by your sudden outburst.

You sigh exasperatedly, "Look, I've got things to do, I won't tell Sunset Shimmer or her cronies about your plan, but I gotta go, see you girls later."

You leave the shop and head home to SAVE for the day.


Night fell, and before you went to bed, you went to your personal SAVE point.

(your name) - LV 1 - 12:06
Home — Your Room
File saved.

After that was done, you go to bed for the day, which was pretty good, despite the hell you've been through before.

Still...

Should you have left the girls like that?

...Maybe tomorrow you'll apologize.

After the musical number.