• Published 6th Jan 2017
  • 2,669 Views, 90 Comments

Disharmonious Synchronization - Dilos1



In which a small green technician and a purple titan wind up in Equestria, much to their chagrin if not that of the locals.(Steven Universe crossover)

  • ...
8
 90
 2,669

The Titan And The Twerp And Twilight Too

"Come on, where is it?!" Twilight exclaimed loudly, almost shouting as she finished going through yet another room in the Crystal Castle. It just seemed that no matter where she looked or where she thought the dark king might hide the Crystal Heart, she still could not find the artifact. Every where she searched turned up empty, and Twilight found herself double checking ares she had already looked through. This of course turned no more results than all of the previous times she had searched, which had only succeeded in making her more nervous.

She did not dare looking out the window to see how much time she had left, knowing that doing so would only put her more on edge and make her sink deeper into the sense of hopelessness that continued to grow inside of her mind. She found herself wishing that she had Rainbow Dash and Spike to stay with her, if only to be there to snap her out of what was quickly starting to become a panic attack.

Twilight however was well aware of Celestia's instructions on the matter of protecting the Crystal Empire, and knew that acquiring help would result in failing whatever test that that the Princess had planned for her, which was something that Twilight dreaded almost as much as Sombra's return.

Still, her friends presence would have at least helped to ease her mind. But they were not here right now, per her request, so Twilight would just have to think of something else on her own. Forcing herself to calm down, Twilight went through the motions of the calming breathing exercise that Cadance had taught her. She inhaled deeply, taking in the latent calm that pervaded the whole of Equestria, and breathed out, letting her exhalation take away some of the stress and worry in her. It did not calm her completely, but it allowed Twilight to think a bit more clearly on what she should do now.

"Okay Twilight," she said quietly to herself. "You can do this. You just need to to focus. Now, where have you not looked yet?" She asked, not even bothering to question why she was talking to herself as she started walking with a hoof to her to her chin. "Let's see. I looked in the library. . . I checked the treasury. . . I already went through the royal bedchamber. . . I made a mental note to forget what I found in the royal bedchamber. . . . Where haven't I looked yet?"

Twilight continued to ponder the question, when suddenly the answer hit her like she had walked into a door. This turned out to be exactly what had happened, and Twilight was sent stumbling backwards onto her haunches. "Ow," she grumbled as she rubbed her sore muzzle with a hoof. She looked up, and saw that she had walked right into the tall doors leading to the throne room, and suddenly Twilight's mind clicked in realization.

"Of course!" she exclaimed as she stood up, mentally kicking herself for not thinking of the throne room earlier. Her spiral horn lit up in a light magenta aura as she grasped the handles in her magic. With a rumbling sound the doors swung inward, and Twilight quickly trotted inside as she looked around. The massive room was at least a hundred feet long, with tall arching windows on both sides that allowed shafts of light to come in and cast the smooth floor and faceted decorations in a display of brilliance that rivaled the aesthetics of Canterlot.

Twilight would unfortunately have to make time to appreciate it at a later date, as she was currently occupied with the task of saving an entire empire from an eldritch horror. Funny how life seemed to work for her like that. Once this was over, Twilight vowed to get at least some rest and relaxation. All this saving the world business on a biannual basis was really taking a toll on her nerves.

Searching along the walls first, Twilight looked high and low for anything that would indicate where Sombra would have hidden the Crystal Heart. But she found nothing hidden among the crystalline walls, not even a hidden passageway.

What kind of evil king doesn't have a hidden passageway in their castle? she wondered as she expanded her search to include the area around the tall crystal throne. She searched around its base to see if it was sitting on top of some sort of hidden cellar. She even tried to lift it with her magic, which proved to be a bust as it would not budge in the slightest since it was anchored to the floor. Twilight was about ready to give up on the throne room entirely until her gaze wandered to the gem situated on the top of the throne that Twilight began to feel something tickle her memory.

She peered at the oblong gem suspiciously, until she realized that she had seen one just like it before. It was when Princess Celestia was telling her about the Crystal Empire that Twilight had seen it. She had of course wondered how the Solar Princess had something like that in her possession, but decided not to ask. Celestia was bound to have more than a few relics of the ancient past in her treasury, so Twilight had put it out of her mind. What was important was what the Princess had shown her what could be done with the gem.

Standing in front of the empty throne, Twilight concentrated her magic on the task she had in mind. She focused her fear and anxiety to become factors in the spell, and Twilight didn't have to look to see that it was altering the aura of her horn, turning it from a gentle magenta to a deep and unnerving gray. Stray wisps of magic sprouted from the spell, a bright acidic green in color, and Twilight began to feel like she was about to faint from her exertions.

The entire process was extremely unpleasant for Twilight, and all she wanted to do was stop and collapse onto the floor. It was almost like the magic itself was actively fighting her, trying to wrest itself free from her control. In addition, it seemed to be poisoning her thoughts during the process, turning them from fear of what would happen should Sombra be allowed to return to hate and anger at the dark king for putting them all in danger.

Twilight wanted to cease, to put an end to the spell and try something else, but something kept her from it. She could not explain why, but the discomfort she was feeling was gradually fading away to something more resembling righteous fury and rage. Her eyes began to narrow viciously and a groan that morphed into a deep growl escaped her lips, and her thoughts became darker and darker as the seconds passed.

Sombra, you foul thing, she fumed silently. If you dare to show your muzzle here, we won't need the Crystal Heart when I've-

Twilight immediately cut that thought off before it finished, recognizing the direction her mind was going in. She fought harder than ever to free herself from the influence of the dark magics' taint. She clutched her head between her hooves as she slumped to the ground. Screaming loudly, she forced herself to expel the presence, and a stream of ominous black magic shot out of her horn. The shot went wild however, and impacted on the wall behind the throne rather than the gemstone.

Twilight fell to the floor, panting heavily as she tried to regain her breath. After a few minutes she stood back up on unsteady hooves, still shaking from what she had just experienced. Her eyes were wide with fear and terror at the thoughts that were in her mind. It was not that she feared them for being hateful and angry at the king. She feared because they were not her own. Whatever was going on with her head was not natural in any way shape or form, and Twilight knew that she never wanted anything else to do with it.

When she was able to think clearly, Twilight took a few deep breaths using the technique Cadance taught her. She decided to turn around and move on to other areas of the castle. Just as she was trotting away however, Twilight's ears twitched in response to a dull thudding noise behind her, startling her a little and making her jump. She whirled around with her horn lit in preparation to deal with whatever threat was coming her way, believing she had unintentionally set off one Sombra's traps.

But instead of a trap Twilight was perplexed to see that the wall behind the throne had lit up in a bright reddish glow. Twilight had to shield her eyes with a hoof to keep from being blinded. When the light faded Twilight looked, and was astonished to see that the crystalline wall had vanished, leaving in its place a long and dark recess that seemed to stretch on for an hundreds of feet until there was nothing but an empty void. Walking around the throne, Twilight squinted to try and glean anything from the shadows, but found that could not see anything other than darkness.

"Hah!" she exclaimed suddenly. "I knew you had a secret passageway somewhere! Take that Sombra!"

But as she looked into the gloomy corridor, Twilight felt her smile fade as she considered what to do now. She could go back and get her friends for assistance, but they were busy with the fair, and there was no telling if the corridor would still be open when she got back, and Twilight did not want to have to repeat the process of opening it either. Not to mention there were Celestia's instructions to take into account. But as Twilight thought about it, she wondered if the Princess really did know best in this situation. Twilight may have absolute faith and trust in Celestia, but even she knew that the alicorn could not be right all of the time.

"What to do. . . ?" Twilight mused as her brow furrowed in thought.

Finally, she made a decision, and Twilight began a swift trot into the dark corridor in search of the Crystal Heart.


"So," Amethyst said as she looked expectantly at Garnet. The smaller gem was currently sitting in a relaxed position on one of the inactive warp pads. "How do you wanna do this? Just fuse and start smashing? Cause I'm down for that."

Garnet however shook her head in response. "Not yet," she stated. "We need to come up with some sort of plan first. We don't want to risk losing control of Sugilite like before."

Amethyst waved her arm at Garnet's words of caution. "Eh, what's the big deal anyway? Did Pearl make you scared or something, cause we got this. It's not like we haven't let the big girl have a little fun before, so what's the problem?"

"The problem," Garnet began to say in a warning tone not typically heard from her, "is that the last time we let Sugilite "have fun", she had injured Pearl and almost injured Steven and his friends. If we are going to rely on Sugilite for this, then we need to be cautious about, and make sure that she does not stray too far from our control."

Amethyst seemed to deflate slightly as her earlier bravado and care free attitude from before was replaced with a sullen expression. She remembered just as well as Garnet what Sugilite had almost done the last time they fused. What they had almost let her do. Sugilite always was a bit of a wildcard, and her loyalties tended to stray somewhere between that of her fellow gems and her own agenda of destroying everything in sight, and would often view those around her as being weak and unequal to her. It was a problem with the fusion that both Garnet and Amethyst were aware of, which was the main reason why they seldom fused at all except in situations where it was necessary.

While they could have put the Galaxy Warp out of commission without Sugilite, it would have taken far too much time, time that they needed to look for Peridot. And of course there would be nothing to stop the Home World gem from just putting it all back together as long as it was all still salvageable. If they were going to go through with this, then they needed to remain in control.

"Alright, fine. Whatever you say G," Amethyst relented, hopping off the warp pad. Garnet nodded, and positioned herself to stand a short distance away from Amethyst. For a brief moment, neither gem moved or performed any sort of action. Then they started dancing to a beat that only they could hear.

What started off as slow and measured movements became more in sync with each other, and their gems began to glow softly in response to the stimulation. The gem on Amethyst's chest gave off a faint lavender glow while Garnet's gems emitted a rusty red light. As they danced and moved around each other their bodies also began to glow softly while they moved closer and closer to their partner. When the song in their heads reached its climax both gems were already in close proximity to each other, and when they touched their forms became shapeless as they merged into one whole. In less than a few seconds the mass of white light grew and grew until it towered above everything around it, and when the fusion process was complete, only one being stood in the Galaxy Warp.

"Aw yeah!" Sugilite boomed, her voice echoing across the landscape like thunder. "Finally! It's good to be back!"

Sugilite laughed as she placed a shaded visor similar to Garnet's over her lower eyes, leaving the fifth eye on her forehead uncovered. She then flexed her four muscular arms as she tilted her head, eliciting a loud crack from her joints.

Brushing away a little bit of her wild black hair out of her face, Sugilite surveyed her surroundings with an expression of contempt. "Alright, so you guys want this place beat to a pulp, huh?" she asked no one in particular. Bringing her upper pair of arms in front of her with her palms facing upward, and the gems on Sugilites hands flashed briefly before two massive gauntlets shot up before their fingers clasped together in midair. Before the fell to the ground Sugilite pulled out a long gem studded whip that she swung up towards the conjoined gauntlets, wrapping its end around a silvery ring reminiscent of a star. Holding onto the handle, Sugilite allowed the weapon to fall to the ground with a crash, shattering one of the warp pads on impact.

"Well then you got it!" she exclaimed as she swung the flail over her head before bringing it down on another pad, causing it to break into a hundred pieces.

"Ahhh!" she breathed out, relishing in the the destruction she was causing. But as she continued to make an absolute mess of the Galaxy Warp Sugilite was aware that she was being carefully monitored by the gems that facilitated her existence. She could care less what they thought of her though, as long as she got to wreck something with extreme prejudice.

Just then, Sugilite became aware of something else, and she paused in her wrecking to listen to the sound the reached her ears. It was a buzzing noise similar to a that of a fly, and the massive fusion found herself thinking that she had heard it somewhere before. Wondering if she was just hearing things, Sugilite rubbed her ear with a pinkie finger, but the buzzing continued. In fact it seemed to be getting louder, and the gem started to become rather upset that it persisted.

"Alright!" she shouted, her already intimidating visage morphing into one of anger as she scowled. "Who's makin' that noise?! When I find out I'm gonna pound you into paste!" She slammed her free fists together to show that she meant business, and she looked all around to find the source of the noise. Just then, she caught sight of something in the distance heading towards them. It started off as just a dot on the horizon, and Sugilite squinted in an effort to determine its identity. And when she what it her mouth curled into a sly grin, exposing the pointed fangs in her mouth.

"Awww, isn't that just cute?" she said with a sneer. "The little clod's comin' back to party."

Gripping the flails length in her large hands, Sugilite's sneer faded into an ugly, snarling expression.

"Well then, I hope the little twerp is ready to dance."


"Ugh! Can't these things go any faster?! I should have been there by now!" Muttered Peridot while the landscape whizzed by underneath her as she flew back to the Galaxy Warp. Her artificial fingers were already spinning rapidly above her head, yet it seemed that no matter how much power she put into it she never moved any quicker. "Stupid Crystal Clods," she grumbled sourly, "Always destroying my things, making me run all over this mud ball."

She had been doing this for the last few minutes or so, a scowl on her face as she thought of all of the horrible things those clods could be doing to her work at this very moment. She had spent days retrofitting the Galaxy Warp, after the weeks spent warping all over the globe just looking for parts to put it back together. The thought of all of that hard work going to waste created a feeling in the technician that was most unpleasant.

Peridot continued to grumble an mutter curses under her breath as she flew, her artificial fingers making a buzzing sound the whole while that only seemed to add to the almost constant migraine that had shown up ever since she had first set foot on this mud heap. The migraine had only continued to build upon the discovery of the Crystal Gems and the steven. And then of course there was their "informant", the lapis lazuli, who was virtually no help at all, which was actually more than what could be said about Jasper. In all of her years serving as a kinder-gardener of facet five Peridot had never before in her entire existence encountered a gem as abrasive and rude as Jasper.

When Peridot told the clods that she was coming back with reinforcements, she had meant an entire fleet of Emerald Hands with a veritable army of soldiers. But when she petitioned for the appropriate amount of reinforcements, what she got instead was one ship, an old veteran that should have been shattered on the battlefield eons ago, and an outdated lapis lazuli whose only claim to being useful was her knowledge of earth and her control over the planets supply of liquid hydrogen.

Now, granted even they were perhaps overkill in dealing with the clods, but Peridot even now was still fuming that Jasper had been so. . . so. . . Peridot could not even find the words to describe just how pigheaded the gem had been She truthfully did not understand what could have been so important about the steven that it warranted putting her mission on hold. But due to the ever annoying social ladder that was gem culture, Peridot had to cave in to Jasper's orders and do what she was told.

In all honesty the technician was glad that the old gem had gone down with the ship, if only so she would not have to listen to her constant ordering around. But still she wondered what had become of her escort, but she put it out of her mind for the time being. What mattered now was getting to the Galaxy Warp, see if the clods had left yet, check for damage, and be on her way.

Her less than jovial mood lightened only slightly as the structure finally came into view, starting off as a strangely symmetric plateau on the horizon. And as far as she could tell from this distance everything seemed to still be in place. When she got a little closer however she could see that at least two of the warp pads had been demolished. She did not care in what condition they were in, as she'd had enough forethought to put certain fail safes in place to keep the whole thing from erupting should any of the outer warp pads malfunction. She was reasonably confident that the Galaxy Warp would still work as long as the main pad in the center remained intact.

What concerned Peridot was the mystery of why only those two had been destroyed, but not the others. If the crystal clods really wanted to damage her project, then they would have done more than break two warp pads that were already inoperable. Peridot considered the possibility that the clods had deemed destroying those two was enough to put the whole structure out of commission and left. She chuckled at the thought of them being stupid enough to think that she would be so easily thwarted.

"Heh, dumb clods," she laughed. Her moment of mirth was quickly cut short when Peridot saw something that threw her for a bit of a loop. A very big something. A very big something that had just thrown another very big something. Straight at her.

"Yah!" Peridot screamed as she tried desperately to evade the object as it hurdled towards her. She angled to the left and was just barely able to avoid the object, which she noticed looked rather like two giant purple gauntlets clasped together. Unfortunately even though she had been lucky enough to avoid being hit, the rush of air as it passed by wreaked havoc on her flight pattern, and Peridot was careening out of control, screaming the whole time as her she was unable to correct herself in time before she performed a face plant on the sandy ground.

Peridot groaned and muttered an obscene amount of profanities as she propped herself up onto her knees. She quickly checked to make sure that the gem that was her namesake was undamaged, and breathed a sigh of relief to find that it had not cracked. Her relief was effectively smothered when something impacted on the ground behind her, making the earth tremble. Peridot watched with wide eyes as a massive shadow was cast on the ground all around her.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?" a loud and arrogant sounding voice said as it echoed across the landscape. "Look who decided to come back and join the party."

Peridot was now shaking in absolute terror as whatever it was behind her chuckled, although there was hardly any mirth to be heard in the laughter. It was more like the kind of laughter one would hear from someone who believed they were superior to everything else, which Peridot could actually relate to. Slowly and hesitantly she turned her head to see the laughter's owner, and let out a small "Eep!" when saw who, or rather what it was.

Peridot had never seen a gem this big before. It towered above her like a purple monument as it stared down at her. She could not see its lower eyes behind the pair of pointed shades, but the extra eye on its forehead let Peridot know that its attention was focused solely on her. She found its steady and unwavering gaze rather unnerving. It had four massive arms that split at the shoulders, two of which were crossed in front of its chest while the other two rested on its wide hips.

"Aww, I'm sorry. Did I scare you?" the strange gem said with mock concern in her voice as she leaned over Peridot, and the technician could only stutter in reply, such was the intimidation she felt as the strange gem loomed over her. "I'm sorry. I guess that makes us even seein' as how you were gonna wreck the earth, scarin' little Steven. You should know I don't like it when little twerps like you start makin' messes. That's my job around here, and I ain't about to let you move in like you own the joint."

Peridot quirked an eyebrow behind her visor at the gems words. "Wait a minute. You're with those traitors? You're with those lumpy clods?"

Smirking, the unknown gem straightened her posture. "You got it." She flashed a malevolent grin at Peridot, allowing her to see the curved fangs in her mouth. For a moment all the Home-World gem could think about was how utterly screwed she was. There was absolutely no possible way even in her own imagination that she could win against this thing, and they both knew it. Peridot was now shaking and shivering more than ever. Just then she spotted the Galaxy Warp, just a few hundred feet away behind the gem, and hope rekindled inside her. If she could figure out a way to stall this brute, then she could still get out of this without being shattered.

She hoped so anyway.

Frantically she thought of a topic to keep herself alive for at least a few more seconds.

"B-but we only detected a limited number of un-corrupted gems on this planet. The p-pearl, the amethyst. There was that garnet, but that was a fusion. W-where did you come from?"

The large gem sneered before she swept back a bit of purplish black hair out of her face. "Oh I don't know. Why don't you tell me?" she asked while making an obvious show of displaying the violet gem on her palm. Peridot could not help but also notice another gem on her chest.

"You're a fusion?" she said with confusion. There was also a hint of revulsion in her voice, which she tried to keep from showing. It would not do to aggravate the fusion any more than she already was.

"Mmh, maybe so," the titan said as she put a thick finger to her chin. "But I'm my own gem, and I'm gonna keep it that way for as long as I can." Peridot watched in despair as the brute summoned her weapon, namely a massive flail that looked like it would make short work of Peridot. "And right now, poundin' you into dust is gonna go a long way towards makin' that happen." The gem hoisted the weapon, letting it dangle just above the ground. "So, any last words outta you?"

Peridot did not answer immediately, but when she did it was accompanied by a smirk of her own. "Yeah," she said. "Eat this you mega clod!" She suddenly yelled as she pointed her right arm at the giant, her fingers having formed into her cannon. For the entire time Peridot was stalling she had been allowing the power of her weapon slowly build up to far greater levels than what she would have able to muster in less time. And she was now pointing all of that stored energy right at the eye on the fusions forehead, using it as a target.

Peridot opened fire, and the orb of erratic green light shot at high speed towards the gems head. While the projectile did not hit the eye as she wanted, Peridot still felt an immense amount of satisfaction when it struck the gem on the right side of her polarized visor. The fusion had no time to react, and clutched the area where she had been hit her two right hands, dropping the flail to the ground with a crash.

Peridot wasted no time as she bolted past the monstrosity, the detached fingers of her left arm literally flying into action as they carried her away from the fusion as the brute howled in pain. She felt absolutely pleased with herself, but she did not allow it to cloud her judgment. The fusion would soon recover, and she only had a limited amount of time to get to the Galaxy Warp and fire it up. Angling herself so that she got more speed, Peridot zoomed towards her destination.

Within seconds Peridot was at the Galaxy Warp, where she dropped to the ground with a grunt. She then immediately rushed over to the main warp pad and came skidding to a stop by its base. The panel was already taken out, most likely by the crystal clods she guessed. Despite their meddling, this allowed her to quickly access the controls located inside, and before long the low hum it was already emitting grew slightly louder as the finishing touches were added.

"Come on come on come on come on come on," she said rapidly, willing the structure to obey her demands. Her frantic pleading was interrupted by a the dull thud of large heavy feet impacting on the ground, accompanied with a deafening shout of, "I'm gonna squash you like a bug!"

Peridot risked a quick glance, and shrieked in fright when she saw just how enraged the fusion was as she barreled towards the Galaxy Warp. The shades were missing, allowing Peridot to see all five of her eyes, each one filled to the brim with fury. A more frightening sight she had rarely seen, and Peridot could do little more than hope the Galaxy Warp started working before the titanic gem reached her, which was looking very much like a false hope. In light of this, Peridot saw fit to give to foundation of the warp pad a swift kick with her boot.

"Today please! You worthless piece of outdated machinery!" she shouted, growing increasingly irritated with how slowly it seemed to be charging up. This resulted in little more than chipping the base of the pad and sending a shock wave through her boots and into her leg, effectively numbing her limb.

Peridot clutched her leg in discomfort as she tried to get some feeling back into her appendage. She then noticed out of the corner of her visor how close the fusion was getting to the Galaxy Warp. She yelped in fright and formed her personal cannon again and fired off multiple shots at the rapidly approaching gem. To her dismay the brute swatted away the projectiles like they were insects before she jumped, a feat that Peridot would not have thought possible, and came crashing onto the Galaxy Warp. The ground shook under Peridot's feet, and she was only just able to keep her balance.

"I'm tired of this!" she bellowed as she summoned her weapon again, swinging it over her head to bring it crashing down on Peridot. The technician leaped to the side, and the massive head of the flail missed her by mere inches.

"Hold still so I can squash you!"

Peridot was more than happy to not oblige as she ran as quickly as she could away from the fusion while screaming her head off. She was halted when the flail landed directly in front of her. Peridot skidded to a halt, knowing that she was cornered. She turned around just in time to see her adversary raise both of her right fists in preparation of smashing her into the ground. just before she was hit Peridot dove between the fusions legs, rolling with the impact before rushing for the main pad. The buildup of power was very near to completion as evidenced by the faint glow it was giving off. All Peridot had to do was stay alive for just a few more seconds, and this whole mess would be put behind her.

I was not to be however as she witnessed the flail come crashing down onto the structure just as Peridot was aout to reach it, shattering it into hundreds of tiny shards. "I don't think so!" she heard the fusion shout.

At that moment, all Peridot could do was watch in horror as all of her work, all of her efforts which had been put into going back to Home-World, be literally shattered right before her eyes. Her mouth hung open, and her left eye began to twitch violently. Her trance was only broken by thudding of the fusion's feet behind her. She whirled around to find her standing over her with narrowed eyes. she slammed her left fists into her right hands while she tilted her head, causing a loud crackle to echo in Peridots ears.

"You ain't gettin' away that easy," she said in a mocking tone. The fusion proceeded to snap her fingers, and another pair of shades flashed into existence which she placed over her eyes. "Now, where were we?"

Peridot could do little more than stutter as she stared up at her doom. It was all hopeless now. She had failed, there was no chance of escape, and she was going to be shattered.

As Peridot was blubbering like a first year cadet who had just seen her first harvesting, she became aware that even after the warp pad was smashing beyond all recognition, the humming sound never stopped. In fact, it seemed to be growing louder by the second. Confused by this, Peridot turned her head, and was perplexed to see that the ruins of the warp pad were glowing brightly as. . . something happened. Peridot honestly did not know what was going on. Not that she was complaining, but by all rights the Galaxy Warp should not even be working right now after being demolished.

"What's going on?! What did you do to it?!" Peridot demanded as the glow became increasingly brighter, enough to the point that both gems had to cover their eyes. Neither one of them had an answer as the hum grew louder and the light grew brighter. Peridot not even hear herself think anymore with all of the noise. She only barely registered the fusion shouting at her to turn it off. Strangely, Peridot actually agreed with the clod, but she could not fix it when she did not even know what it was doing.

Eventually the glow became so bright that all Peridot could see was a white haze, before the feeling of being picked up by an unseen force flooded her senses, which was then followed by the sensation of moving at incredibly high speeds to some unknown destination.

After a little while the light produced by the Galaxy Warp faded into nothingness, and the structure was left silent once more, and neither Peridot nor the fusion were anywhere in sight.


"How much longer does this thing keep going?" Twilight questioned, her voice sounding very small in the secret hallway. She trotting through for what she guessed was a good thirty minutes or so, and the unicorn mare had yet to even see the opposite opening.It was almost like no matter how long she trotted forward there was no end to it. A few times Twilight had glanced back to make sure that there was nothing coming up behind her while she was not looking. She did not particulary beelive in things like the boogymare, but the fact remained that this was something created by Sombra. There was no telling what kind of wards he could have put in place to keep ponies from finding the Crystal Heart.

Events had proceeded like this for quite some time now, with only her horn to light her way. The magenta glow of her magic allowed to her to see about ten feet or so in front her, the sights of which mostly contained more hallway for what seemed like eternity.

And Twilight was just about sick of it.

Groaning in frustration, Twilight abandoned trotting and broke out into a swift gallop. Her hooves clicked on the floor beneath her, causing a headache inducing echo to assault her eardrums as she ran. Twilight ignored it however in favor of focusing on her objective. If she did not find the Crystal Heart in time, then all would be lost.

So Twilight continued to run, pushing herself farther and farther, knowing that eventually she would find the end to this accursed hall.

Eventually did not come around until another thirty minutes later, and when Twilight finally emerged from the hall and out into large round room, she collapsed onto the floor as she desperately tried to catch her breath, and a small puddle of sweat accumulated underneath her prone form.

"Note. . . to self," she wheezed between gasps of air, "read more books. . . on proper. . . exercise."

When she had regained enough energy to stand again Twilight Sparkle took to observing the room around with curiosity, wondering what purpose it served. As far as she could tell by the relatively meager light of her horn the room was empty. Why would the dark king have a room like this, only to have nothing insi-

What's that? Twilight though as her eyes, already adjusted to the shadows from countless minutes spent in the hall, spotted something on the floor. At first she had not noticed it, which was actually somewhat ironic since it was so large that she thought it was a part of the floor, but now that she was looking at it Twilight was left slightly confused. It was a large round dais a hundred across that looked to be made out of some sort of crystalline material. It was different than the kind of crystal the buildings of the Crystal Empire was made out of.

"What is this thing?" Twilight questioned out loud as she stepped onto it. When her hoof met the surface it produced a noticeably different sound than in the hall, almost like the quiet chime of a bell. Storing that bit of information aside for later, Twilight walked on the dais. It was not long before she came across other dais's, though these were much smaller in structure. There appeared to about several of them placed along the outer edge, and all were very similar in appearance with each other. She also that there was another slightly larger dais in the center. Twilight brought her head down to inspect it further, but she could still not glean the purpose, not by just looking.

Was this were Sombra had hidden the Heart? Twilight did not think so, though she could not help but shake the feeling that there was some importance to this structure.

Despite the feeling Twilight felt that this was not the location of the Crystal Heart, and that she was just wasting her time. She was just about to to turn around and reenter the hall when she noticed rather peculiar. In the very center of the dais, a very faint blue spot of light shone began to glow faintly, appearing as little more than a pinprick of white light. It was plain luck that she had noticed it all in the gloom, considering how dim it was. Curious, Twilight slowly approached, stepping up onto the structure. She peered down suspiciously at the spot of light, wondering if this was Sombra's doing. She did not think so, but the possibility made her cautious nonetheless.

It almost seemed to be waiting for something to happen, like it expected her to perform some sort of action.

Twilight was hesitant to do anything, but eventually decided that if she wanted to get anywhere in locating the Crystal Heart, then she would just have to play along for the moment. Shrugging, Twilight focused a bit more on her horn, and a stem of magenta magic was sent into the dot of light. It was a strange feeling; whatever the light was, it seemed to take in every drop of magic that she fed it like a drain, and the glow became progressively brighter each second.

Finally, after almost a full minute, the feeling ebbed away, and Twilight cut off the stream. She then backed up slightly as she waited for something to happen. A few moments passed with nothing of note occurring, and Twilight started to think that perhaps it was nothing at all. No a second after she thought this than did the entire structure seemed to light up. and Twilight had squint to avoid being blinded. The was then accompanied a faint rumbling sound that alarmed Twilight greatly. She glanced off to the side at the walls, which appeared to be sliding downwards beyond her view.

That was when Twilight realized that the entire structure she was standing on was going up at a vertical angle towards the distant ceiling.

"What the hay is going on here?!" she screamed as the dais, along with its unwilling passenger, continued to rise upward to an unknown destination.

Author's Note:

Greetings clods, and welcome back to another installment of this story. I hope that you enjoyed reading it. Some of you who have the original version may notice that there is something different about this chapter, that difference being that I combined it with the next chapter to not only make it longer but also to help with pacing, since I feel that the original was a little too slow in actually getting anywhere. I hope that you like.
Be sure to comment down below what you thought of this chapter, and also alert me to any mistakes I may have missed.
Dilos1