• Published 6th Jan 2017
  • 2,666 Views, 90 Comments

Disharmonious Synchronization - Dilos1



In which a small green technician and a purple titan wind up in Equestria, much to their chagrin if not that of the locals.(Steven Universe crossover)

  • ...
8
 90
 2,666

Poisoned Thoughts And Peridots

All that Twilight Sparkle knew at that moment was rage, a deep seated hatred directed at the dark king and everything that he stood for, all that he had done and all that he would do if he was victorious. Never before had she felt such loathing towards anything in her life, and at any other point in time that might have frightened her. Right now however, the only thing Twilight cared about was destroying Sombra and all that he had created with extreme prejudice.

Simply doing away with him alone was not enough. Once he was gone Twilight knew she would have to scour the entirety of the Crystal Empire to purge it of every last shred of his influence, no matter what, or who, it happened to be. It was the only way to be certain, she was sure of that fact. It was simply too great of a risk to hope that the crystal ponies had not fallen under his dark spell.

That bridge would have to be crossed at a later date however, as Twilight was simply far too busy with a more pressing concern, that being the destruction of Sombra himself. Unfortunately, it seemed that most of her attacks, be they magic blasts capable of demolishing a brick wall or hurling huge clumps crystalline debris at the king, were highly ineffective against him. The solid projectiles simply phased through his incorporeal body, but Twilight had noticed even through her anger clouded mind that he seemed to make a point to dodge the attack spells, prompting her to rely on those more. If only she could get a hit off on him.

"Hold still!" Twilight shouted as she loosed another beam of magic upwards at cloud of shadows, aiming for the pair of eyes peering at her through the darkness. Sombra simply avoided the attack as though it were no more troublesome than pieces of straw being thrown at him, angering Twilight even further. Though she could not see, the streams of purple smoke coming from her eyes had become more intense in accordance with her anger, and her once gentle violet eyes were now little more than furious orbs of red and green. Her mind was also becoming more clouded by the fury she felt towards the king, but she did care. All she wanted more than anything was to make him suffer for his crimes. She would not be held responsible if he was victorious.

She would not fail.

Just then she noticed that Sombra's blood red horn started to glow, and soon after great shards of blackened crystal began to erupt from the ground before her, most likely in an effort to impale her. She would not allow that happen. Yelling at the top of her lungs, Twilight's horn glowed a sickening green with black sparks as a small circle of cracks appeared on the crystal pavement around her. Grunting from the effort, Twilight lifted the slab into the air with her standing on it, avoiding the crystals just as they turned the area she was standing in into a thicket of razor sharp edges. Thankfully she able to keep her balance on the jagged platform with some effort as it rose higher into the air until it was level with the head of her enemy. The kings horn glowed again, and long spears shot out of the ground, seeking after her. Maneuvering the platform , Twilight was able to narrowly avoid each one as she began to circle around the huge shadowy form of Sombra. Acting quickly she let loose a few shots of magic from her horn at him, but to her continued frustration he was still able to avoid them.

Twilight snarled, having just about had enough of playing around. She was letting her anger cloud her thoughts, but still she did not take heed of it, so focused was she on her hatred of Sombra.

Just then she had an idea. Straining from the effort, Twilight focused her enraged mind as she lifted a pair of blocks left over from a destroyed housing. Twilight's horn felt like it was burning with how much she was multitasking. She knew that she had only been fighting Sombra for a few minutes, yet each minute felt like a small eternity, and the effects had begun to show. Her limbs were trembling, and her breathing was labored from her exertions, yet still she continued, driven onward by her anger and unwillingness to fail Celestia's test.

With her horn glowing, Twilight panted for breath as she infused the blocks with a considerable amount of energy, before she flung them at Sombra with all her might, shrieking as she did. And just as she predicted the king did nothing to avoid the projectiles, knowing that solid objects posed him no threat at all. In fact Twilight was getting the impression that he was grinning at her by the way his eyes were narrowed. The supposed smirk quickly vanished when the projectiles made contact, violently erupting against the wall of black smoke.

Sombra howled angrily, a horrific sound that chilled the blood in Twilight's bones, and the lavender unicorn began to feel as though she had made a mistake. Her hateful expression faltered slightly as the dark king recovered and fixed his smoldering gaze upon her. And from those piercing green and red orbs Twilight could practically feel the hatred he possessed for her coming off in waves. And then, a loud roar tore through the frigid air as the shadows advanced on her, reaching up towards her like claws intent on skewering her. Twilight shook off the feeling in her mind and maneuvered her improvised transport away from them, scowling as she did.

Unfortunately it seemed that Sombra had grown tired of their melee as more and more tendrils of darkness shot towards her, and it was all Twilight could do to keep out of their reach as she kept her gaze fixed on them.

Unfortunately she failed to notice the pillar of dark crystal begin to sprout up directly in her path, and too late did she she attempt to swerve to the side to avoid it. The most she could do was angle the platform of crystal she standing on so that it took the brunt of the impact instead of her.

With a resounding crash, the platform impacted on the pillar, and Twilight was sent tumbling downward. She tried to focus and orient herself to perform a teleportation spell, but she was already so exhausted that it seemed as though her magic might fail at any given moment. Still she fought through her discomfort and her horn began to glow, sputtering a little from overuse. But just as she was about to perform the spell and warp herself to stable ground, Twilight felt something close in around her. It was almost like a blanket, but there was nothing comforting about it in the slightest. In fact, it seemed to be smothering her, forcing her to gasp for each breath as a feeling similar to that of a vice closed in around her heart and mind, and she realized that she had been ensnared in Sombra's clutches.

Twilight attempted to charge her horn to blast her way out, but every time it was snuffed out. Since that was not an option she tried flailing and thrashing around for all she was worth, but that appeared to be even less effective. It was almost like she were caught in a void of nothingness that she could not escape from. But even then Twilight's rage drove her on and she continued to fight against the darkness.

That is until a dark voice, echoing through both her ears and her mind, brought her actions to a halt with one word.

"Cease."

Almost immediately, Twilight felt her thrashing come to a stop, and a fresh wave of panic and anger overtook her as her traitorous limbs stilled. She struggled with all of her might against whatever bonds were holding her in place, but it proved to be a fruitless endeavor. The voice came again, deep and foreboding with a slight but noticeable hiss in her ears as it seemed to reverberate all around her, occupying her full attention as it spoke.

"There now. That's better is it not? After all, how else can two creatures of great power speak to one another if one of them cannot sit still for but a few moments?"

Twilight knew exactly who that voice belonged to, and that only made redouble her efforts to escape, but still her strength, what little there was left, continued to elude her.

"Kindly calm down if you would," the voice chastised. "This sort of behavior is hardly becoming of a mare of your standing, especially in the presence of your king."

For a moment Twilight stopped, begrudgingly heeding the words. After all, simply struggling was getting her nowhere fast, and she had enough presence of mind left not to anger her captor anymore than he probably already was. But even then Twilight's own anger had not abated to the point where she was not going to be vocal about it.

"You are no king, Sombra! Now Let me go! Show yourself!" she shouted. However this did little more than to elicit a strange hollow laughter from wherever the dark king was hiding. The laughter came to an end as a pair of menacing red eyes with slitted black pupils appeared out of the shadows, and Twilight could almost see the amusement in them as they moved closer.

"As you wish," Sombra replied as the shadows began to twist around the eyes before revealing the form of a large unicorn stallion with a curved red horn dressed in royal red robes and dark grey armor. His jet black mane rippled and flowed like fire, and Twilight could not help but compare it to the ethereal manes of Celestia and Luna. She wondered if maybe that had been intentionally done by the Sombra as a way to claim that he was the equal of the Princesses. She could not dwell on the matter for long as Sombra's deep voice pulled her out of her thoughts.

"I normally require that ponies bow before me whenever I grace them with my presence, but for you milady I believe that I can be willing to make an exception." At this Sombra's crimson eyes narrowed dangerously. "Despite your persisting impudence."

Twilight scowled at Sombra, creases forming on the top of her muzzle as she glared at him. "What do you want Sombra?" she demanded. "I doubt that you brought me here for small talk."

"No, I did not," Sombra answered with a grin, exposing his pointed fangs. He then leaned in closer until his muzzle was mere inches from her. If he were any closer Twilight would have been tempted to bite him. As it was she only continued to glare at him as he looked at her, appearing to size her up.

"Well now this is a surprise," Sombra said as he circled around her, passing out of her view. Reappearing on the other side he continued. "I did not think that anypony, much less a student of Celestia herself, would take to my craft so easily as you did." Twilight's eyes widened in surprise, wondering how he was able to guess that Celestia was her teacher. She was about to demand how he knew that until he cut her off with, "Oh don't look so surprised. I can practically see her stench wafting off of you, and nopony else aside from her and her sister possesses the taint of the Elements around them as you do." Sombra paused briefly, surveying Twilight with an expression that she could not quite place. "Still," he said suddenly, "despite those. . . handicaps, you still have a fair amount of potential, although your mastery of dark magic leaves much to be desired."

"What are you talking about?" Twilight questioned, suddenly feeling less angry and more worried. In response the dark king suddenly got right up into her face, startling her.

"Right there!" he said, almost shouting. "Just now you allowed yourself to lose your hold on your anger. You allowed your anger, your hatred of me, to falter and fade, and that is simply something that I will not tolerate in a pony with so much promise." At that Twilight could not think of a good response, so she resorted to simply snapping at Sombra's muzzle with her teeth. To her annoyance he easily avoided it by pulling his head back slightly. "Better," he said with a small grin, which soon fell as he added, "Although you still lack the necessary discipline."

"Get to the point Sombra," Twilight said through clenched teeth. "Why am here?"

Sombra did not answer immediately, although the grin on his muzzle returned as he leaned in just out of reach. And then he spoke in a low tone that Twilight could only compare to that of a serpent whispering into her ear.

"I would have thought it obvious," he said quietly. "But seeing as how you are still no more than a newborn foal compared to one such as I, I suppose it is a little understandable that you would be rather slow on the uptake. Allow me to elaborate." Rising to his full height before she could offer any sort of retort, Sombra addressed her in a way that she could not help but listen, whether it be by an arcane spell or some other method. Whatever it was, Twilight was helpless to anything but listen.

"You will not win, young Twilight. On this day, you and your allies will fall beneath me, and the Crystal Empire will be mine once again. Even if you do by some miracle of fate manage to hold me back, the simple fact of the matter is that you have lost from the moment you stepped hoof into my domain. Everything in and around the Empire is mine. It belongs to me, and me alone." Once again circling around her, Twilight strained her neck trying to keep him in her sight. "But of course, once I have reestablished my reign over the Crystal Empire, I will not remain idle. It is guaranteed that the Princesses will do everything in their power to usurp me as they did all those centuries ago. It is always in their nature to meddle. And of course, in the conflict that will undoubtedly arise, there are going to be, shall I say, casualties. Deaths that could have easily been prevented if I were simply allowed to do what is best for Equestria as a whole."

"'What is best'?" Twilight echoed, an incredulous look on her face. "If we let you have your way all of Equestria would be suffocated from your evil!"

"And tell me, dear Twilight," Sombra replied as he stepped into view again, "exactly how has either of your beloved Princesses actually helped your nation? Have there been changes in the society that I do not as of yet know about? Are all ponies truly equal as I know you believe them to be? Or are they just hiding their cowering gazes under the threat of divine punishment from a ruler with power comparable to that of a god? Are they so afraid of your Princesses control over the heavens that they can no longer see that they are being used for their own twisted definition of harmony?"

Twilight glared at Sombra, wanting to smack him upside the head for speaking of Celestia and Luna that way, or at the very least sling as many profanities as she knew at him. But something held her back, kept her from lashing out at the king.

"What are you talking about?" she asked.

Sombra sighed, and Twilight was tempted to believe that there was sympathy in his red eyes. "I have seen it before. In ages long past. Your beloved Princesses had trapped and ensnared countless ponies in their idea of peace and harmony, and soon after had set their sights on my kingdom. You already know that I was deposed, banished to the frigid wastes for the crime of opposing their ideology."

Sombra turned away from Twilight looking off at some point in the distance. "What I am trying to say, young Twilight, is that when I reinstate my rule over the Crystal Empire, war with Equestria will be unavoidable. And in that war, thousands on both sides will perish." Turning back to her he said in a tone that almost sounded pleading in her ears, "The only way to stay as much bloodshed as possible is to end the conflict as swiftly as possible. And despite my power, I cannot do that on my own. I need allies. Informants for the coming battles. That is why I have brought you here."

Twilight's eyes widened, already suspecting what Sombra was going to say next. And despite the fact that she did not like it one bit, she could not for some reason say anything back, or offer any sort of retort as Sombra continued to speak.

"Surely you must see that this is the logical course of action? What I am offering you now has only been given under the rarest of circumstances. You would the first among my new servants, the greatest of them all. And with you by my side, telling me where Equestria is weakest, the Princesses would be unwilling to fight, and without their ever present gaze, all ponies will finally know true peace and stability."

Sombra paused, allowing Twilight to take in his words. Her eyes were downcast as she went over them in her head, muddied as it was with anger. She wanted so desperately to denounce the king, to tell him that he was wrong, that neither one of the Princesses would be like that to their ponies. But no matter how much she wanted to do so, she could not find it within herself to say it. What he was saying did have some truth to it, even if she did not like it. The Crystal Empire was all but his at this point, and without her or the rest of the elements, there would be virtually nothing to stop him from waging war against Equestria. The thought of Ponyville being reduced to rubble was enough to bring tears to her eyes.

And her friends. . . what would become of them?

"I. . . I don't know," she whispered, her head hanging low. She was truthfully at a loss as to what to do. She still considered the king to be evil, but a small seed of doubt had begun to manifest within her. Doubt for herself, for the Princesses, and in their ability to stop Sombra. She truly did not know.

No answer came from the king, and she looked to to find him with his head turned away from her, as though something in the distance had caught his attention. Before she say anything about it Sombra's eyes widened ever so slightly, and a curious expression crossed his face that Twilight could not was say was either anger or admiration.

"Gems," he said unexpectedly, dragging out the word.

"What?" Twilight asked. Sombra did not answer her right away as looked back to her, scrutinizing her for a moment.

Finally he spoke. "I apologize, but a matter of great importance has just made itself known to me, and I must be going now. But not to worry, you still have some time to consider my offer. And consequently, I would suggest that you keep this conversation between us confidential. Celestia has spies everywhere, and she will do absolutely anything to snuff out every last bit of influence I have." Sombra leaned in and said in a warning tone, "No matter what, or who, it happens to be."

Twilight felt a small spike of fear pierce her heart at what Sombra was implying. She did not want to believe it, but the doubt in her mind still remained, stubbornly remaining a fixture in her thoughts.

"Until then, I look forward to our next meeting, Twilight Sparkle."

Twilight had almost no time to register what he had said before she suddenly felt the grip keeping in her place begin to loosen. Soon after the feeling of gravity retaking its hold on her body made itself as she suddenly found herself plummeting back to the earth. Realizing what was going on, Twilight tried to charge her horn for a teleportation spell, but the appendage on her forehead did little more than splutter pitifully as she fell. Twilight screamed as she came closer and closer to meeting the ground in a painful, and possibly fatal, impact. She closed her eyes so would not have to see it.

Just then something impacted into her side, accompanied by a grunt Twilight was all too familiar with, as she had heard it countless times when a certain pegasus mare would ignore the front door of her library in favor of a closed window.

"Rainbow dash?!" Twilight exclaimed as she opened her eyes, seeing her friend clutching her around her barrel with her front hooves."

"Who did you think I was? Pinkie Pie?"

Twilight wanted to laugh at Rainbow's quip, but found that she did not have the strength for it as her friend flew down to the ground, setting her down gently on the pavement before looking her over. "Are you alright?" she asked, concern evident in her voice.

Twilight laid down on her stomach and allowed herself to catch a few breaths before replying. "I will be. I'm just a little tired right now."

"Oh, that's good," Rainbow replied, nodding her head. "Well if that's the case then, oh how do I say this? Oh I know. How about 'WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!' YOU COULD HAVE BEEN KILLED YOU IDIOT!"

Twilight recoiled from Rainbow's unexpected outburst, and her ears laid flat against her when she saw the raw emotion in her friends eyes, and she did not have to think very hard about what had made her upset. "I'm sorry Rainbow," she answered. "I don't know what came over me."

Rainbow opened and closed her mouth multiple times, clearly at a loss for words. She put a hoof to her forehead and took a few deep breaths through her nostrils before she looked at Twilight, and the unicorn was under the impression that Rainbow was not sure whether to hug her or strangle her. Her face was one of anger, but her magenta eyes were glistening as though she were about to start crying, and the weight of Twilight's actions finally made itself known. Fighting against her aching muscles, Twilight stood up on her hooves before slowly trotting over to face Rainbow.

Unable to meet her friends gaze, Twilight looked down at the ground beneath her hooves and whispered, "I'm sorry."

For what seemed like a small eternity Twilight heard no response from Rainbow, until she heard a frustrated sigh. Looking up she found Rainbow gazing at her with a somewhat softer expression, though there were still traces of emotion in her features. Finally Rainbow answered, but it was not with words as Twilight was expecting. Instead she pulled Twilight in with her left hoof into a bone crushing hug. Twilight was surprised to say the least, as she could not recall an instance where Rainbow would do something like this so openly. Unsure what else to do Twilight simply returned the hug, wrapping her leg around Rainbow's withers, which she just noticed were shaking.

Eventually Rainbow broke the embrace, and she scrutinized Twilight with a much softer expression before saying in a slightly hitched tone, "Don't ever do that again. Alright?"

Words failing her, Twilight merely nodded. Appearing satisfied, at least for the moment, Rainbow turned and began trotting away. "Come on," she said. "We need to get back to Applejack and Pinkie, then we can head to the tower. Hopefully Perry was smart enough to stay in one place."

Twilight paused briefly before she hurried to catch up with Rainbow, ignoring the pain in her joints as she trotted.

"Who's Perry?" she asked.


"Hello?" Peridot called for what must have been the thousandth time into the as of yet empty halls of the tower. "Are there any gems at all in here?" The only answer Peridot received was her own echo ringing throughout the shimmering corridors, and she grumbled in frustration. "Where's a howlite when you need one?" she muttered as she tromped further into the towers interior, the sound of her boots the only other noise aside from her complaints. Initially Peridot's only concern when she landed on a balcony at the tower was to locate the gem in charge, most likely an agate or a jade, request permission to contact Home World, alert them to the infestation of "ponies" currently running about the place, and be on her way. It was all so simple in context. But then, so had her inspection of the earth, and she remembered all too well how that had worked out for her. It was a series of memories that Peridot would all to willing to delete from her log dates as soon as she was debriefed on Home World.

But now it was over half an hour since Peridot arrived here, and she had yet to see so much as a pearl, or even a quartz soldier wandering the halls. As far as she could tell, there was absolutely nobody here. This confused Peridot, as everything about this place practically screamed gem architecture, even if it was a little gaudy in places. By all rights there should be at least a hundred gems of as many different types and social classes milling about and maintaining the place, but so far there was nothing.

Another thing that struck her as strange, although not quite as obvious as the lack of gems, was the apparent absence of any sort of sort of technology. She must have gone through at least a dozen different rooms already, and so far she had yet to see so much as a terminal or access hatch. Unless those had been extremely well hidden, then as far as she knew the entire place was just one giant hunk of crystal. If this was the case then it was all useless to her, no matter how aesthetically pleasing it was.

Still, there was one thing she had not tried yet that might yield some results. She was not too sure the information would be that beneficial to her, but at this point Peridot was willing to try anything to get back to Home World.

Peridot brought up her screen, using the stylus to enter in a series of commands. Just as she was about to finish the last bits of calibrations, the technician became aware of a series of voices coming from around one of the corners. Thinking that she had finally found gems in this place, Peridot put her screen back into its original position and began to hurry to where she though the voices were coming from. She could hear exactly what was being said, but that did not matter to her. All she cared about was finally getting some information and tolerable company, the latter of which she had found herself severely lacking as of late.

As she came closer she was able to hear the voices more clearly, though they did nothing but confuse her.

"I'm telling you guys, I've already looked all over this place. No matter what I do I can't find Twilight," a young sounding voice stated, reminding her somewhat of the steven. Not really a good start to helping her forget her ordeal. And there was that name again, "Twilight". She had heard that blue pony mention that same name before flying off. It would seem that these individuals were looking for the same thing. Before she could dwell on It another voice, this one sounding rather timid and small, replied. "Oh, are you sure Spike? I mean, are you sure that you've looked everywhere? After all, she might have just gotten lost in here. Or maybe she found a way to get to the Crystal Heart."

The way the conversation was going confused Peridot slightly, as she was not aware of any gem known as a spike, or whatever this "Crystal Heart" was. Questions about them would have to asked later though, she decided as she prepared to address the gems. When she rounded the corner however, she found herself confronted not by gems but by two more of those pony things, along with some sort of small purple and green bipedal reptile that came up to her knees. The ponies were of two different types, one being a small yellow one with a long pink mane and a pair of wings like the rainbow dash from earlier. The other was one she had not seen before, being significantly larger than its companions. It possessed a white coat and a single spiral horn on the top of its head, the base of which was partially hidden by a short blue mane.

The moment the trio saw her they froze in mid step, gazing at her with wide eyes. For a brief moment the two sides simply stared at each other, until Peridot brought an artificial hand to her face and grumbled without even bothering to hide the disappointment in her voice, "Great. There's more of you."

All three of the creatures tilted their heads in confusion at her words. "'More of us'?" the white one questioned, its voice noticeably deeper than the others.

Peridot merely shook her head. "Ugh, it doesn't matter," she muttered. "I'll just be on my way." With Peridot turned away from the, once again bring up her screen, annoyed by the fact that she had to restart the calibrations she was performing all over again. Unfortunately it seemed that her luck was somehow stuck in some sort of horrible loop as the white pony suddenly ran past her before blocking her path.

"Hold on a second!" it demanded, and Peridot paused to take notice that its horn had started to glow in a faint magenta aura. Rollibg her eyes, Peridot's finger formed into her cannon, which she pointed at the pony.

"Move aside," she ordered. "The only reason I haven't blasted you yet is I don't want to waste the energy."

"You're not going anywhere until you tell us who you are, and why you're here," the pony bit back. "Starting with who you are. Did Sombra send you? Are you one of his spies or assassins?"

"I don't care who or what you think I am," Peridot growled as a ball of erratic green energy formed in front of the cannons barrel. "All I care about is getting out of this crazy place as soon as possible, and getting on with my job. Now get out of my way!"

"That's not going to happen until you answer."

Peridot narrowed her eyes at the pony. "Fine," she said just as she finished charging up her weapon. But as she was about to release it, a loud shout interrupted her.

"WAIT!"

The shout was so unexpected and startled Peridot so much that her shot went completely wild. The white pony was similarly affected, as a short beam of magenta light erupted from its horn. Both shots ricocheted wildly around the apparently highly reflective walls of the hallway, prompting everyone to seek cover behind whatever they could find. The yellow pony and purple reptile ducked underneath a a little stand with a decorative vase while the white pony somehow conjured a spherical shield around itself. Peridot herself was just barely able to duck out of the way her own errant blast, although the top of her tetrahedron shaped hair was slightly singed in the process. Eventually the energy from both wayward beams dissipated, and everyone present cautiously peeked out, as if they were unsure if it was really safe or not to come out.

Dropping its shield, the white pony began to address the yellow one, although honestly Peridot was of the opinion that a harsher punishment would have been in order as it said, "Fluttershy, what are you doing?! Somepony could have been hurt!"

Despite the fact that Peridot got the impression that the white pony was limiting the harshness of his tone, the yellow pony still cowered under its gaze. "Oh. Um, I-I'm sorry Shining but, well it's just that you two might have also hurt each other, and I don't think anypony would really want that to happen. I mean, what if miss. . . um. . ." At this the yellow pony turned its attention to Peridot and asked quietly, "What's your name, miss?"

Peridot simply glared at the lot of them as she got up and brushed herself off. "I really don't have time for this," she muttered. "But if it will get you to leave me alone, it's Peridot."

"Peridot?" the little reptile spoke up. "As in the jewel?"

"Yes," Peridot replied, feeling her already severely depleted levels of patience fading fast. "Or was the gem on my forehead not obvious enough for you unevolved organics?" she said while jerking a free floating thumb at the object in question. When she did this she found the reptile eyeing her gem with a look that was making her extremely uncomfortable. She was not aware of what it meant when an organic adopted a hazy look in their eyes and started leaking fluid from their mouths, but whatever it was she wanted no part of it. "Now that that's out of the way, are there any other questions you would like answered so I can be on my way?" she demanded while tapping her boot on the floor impatiently.

"Just one, for the moment anyway," the white pony said, which Peridot was relieved to hear that. "Why are you here?"

"If you must know," Peridot replied as she reformed her screen and, for the third time in a row, began her calibrations, "I am here because the Galaxy Warp malfunctioned and dumped me here on this backwater planet."

"'Galaxy Warp'?" the yellow pony asked, which Peridot happily ignored.

"Right now I am trying to find some way to contact Home World so they can either send me their coordinates or send a ship to pick me up, and then I'm out of here." Turning her attention to her screen, Peridot added, "I just need to find this place's power supply so I can-"

A small series of rapid beeping interrupted Peridot as a diagram of the tower appeared on her screen. She immediately forgot about the ponies as she scrutinized it. With few strokes of her stylus, a point of origin was located, and Peridot very nearly jumped for joy when she found that a blip representing a power source located at the top of the tower appeared.

"Yes! Found it!" she exclaimed. In the corner of her vision she noticed the yellow pony lean towards the white and whisper, "Do you think she means the Crystal Heart?" Peridot chose to ignore whatever it was they were talking and refocused her attention on finding the nearest set of stairs leading upward. None were present at the moment, so she opted to simply fly out of a window and take the easy route. Walking to the nearest one she prepared to make her exit when the shouts of the ponies reached her, causing her to look back at in annoyance.

"Where do you think you're going?" the white pony demanded, looking at Peridot like she had spontaneously grown a second gemstone.

"What does it look like I'm doing?" Peridot bit back. "I'm getting out of this place, and nothing you say or do can stop me."

It was then that Peridot heard another shout, although this one was significantly louder, and unfortunately all too familiar in Peridot's auditory sensors. Shouting in a voice that Peridot felt that she could have heard all the way from Home World, the giant purple fusion said, "WHERE'S THAT LITTLE GREEN TWERP?!"

"On second thought," Peridot said as she rushed back inside to what she hoped was safety, "maybe it would be better if I took the stairs." With that statement, Peridot darted off as quickly as her limb enhancers would carry her.

"Hey! Wait up!" the white pony called as it and its companions gave chase.

Author's Note:

Peridot seems to making a great first impression, eh?
I hope that you enjoyed reading this, and as always be sure to let me know in the comments what your thoughts were. I like feedback so that I can know if I'm doing good or not.
Dilos1