• Published 4th Jan 2017
  • 447 Views, 2 Comments

The Guardian - Mister Phoenix



For years ponies thought that Ponyville stands un-guarded. When Twilight thinks about having some guards in Ponyville, this causes Granny Smith to tell the girls the tale of Ponyville Guardian.

  • ...
 2
 447

The Guardian

Apples fell into the buckets. Applejack rub away the sweat that drip from her forehead, the sun heated up the land making it one of the more hotter days of the year. With rain due for the next three days after this heatwave that have stuck. Because of the massive storm about to arrive, the apple farmer asked each of her friends to help out and get as much apples before the storm attacks.

"So girls. I been thinking on finally getting some police here. I mean there isn't any law enforcement anywhere in the town" Twilight spoke up, causing the others to look over at her.

The sound of Granny Smith sleeping could easily be heard, the others stayed quiet. Thinking about having guards walking around Ponyville. True it would make the town safer, but there are little to no crime in the small town.

"Ah don' know Twi. Ah mean it might take away the freedom Ponyville has over the other cities" Applejack said, the others nodding in agreement.

"This is why I wanted to ask you girls before, but maybe we should have a try out week" Twilight suggested.

Granny Smith awoke from her sleep, hearing Twilight trying to get some police in Ponyville. The old mare couldn't help, but laugh at the Alicorn.

"Why would we need police, when Ponyville already has it own personally guardian?" Granny Smith question, causing the girls to stop their work to hear what she talking about.

"Umm... Sorry Miss Granny Smith, but for years Ponyville never once had somepony guard the town" Fluttershy softly spoke up.

"Nonsense. I met him, a powerful unicorn which is know to be immoral." Granny Smith said, causing Twilight to roll her eyes.

"Please no pony is immoral. Not even the princesses. I mean there's Discord, but he's not a pony." Twilight said, which a smirk.

"That what I thought of at first too, but sit down and I'll tell you all the tale of Ponyville Guardian, Looker" Granny Smith said

The girls all looked at each other, Applejack bite down on her lip, unable to believe what her Granny was going on about. Even to her she knows that sometimes she mistakes history.

"Fine we could use the break. Tells all about this unicorn"

"Well it all started back when Sweet Apple Acres were just starting"


Ponyville nights, were dangerous. Blood red eyes glow in darkness of the full moon night. Doors, windows locks and shut tight. The claws of the Timberwolves cut into the solid ground. The night since Princess Luna or now known as Nightmare Moon got banish to the moon became more and more dangerous.

The nights became longer than most days, all because Princess Celestia isn't meant to be controlling both the Sun and the Moon. The two sides still fought and while they do, the monsters came out. Ponyville is the most dangerous since it so close to The Everfree Forest.

Crops got eaten, houses got raided if wasn't locked up good enough. Ponies death would grow more and more, the town isn't safe, it was never safe to begin with and now it all going to hell.

The best line of defense is hope that the Timberwolves don't find a way in or it's the end of the line. Ponies bearly got any sleep, fearing the dark more then ever. Cloudsdale is safe, for now who knows how long it will take for a creature to find it way up to the flying city.

Crash!

Wood from the barn on Sweet Apple Acres could easily be heard. The lights from the farm house lit up, with only one pony seeing it out. A green mare with blonde mane, Lady Smith. Slowly open the barn door, seeing the roof completely destroyed and a unicorn sitting there.

His head lifted up slowly, trying yo get used to the pain. The stallion looked up at the roof and then back at the mare.

"I can fix that" he said, with a cheap smile, just when another beam fell down.

Lady Smith looked up to the darken sky, the sun now started to raise. She saw the brown coat and black mane unicorn.

"How get ya get here?" She question, the stallion looked around and then up towards the sky.

"I... Don't remember, it was ether dragons or I was trying to fly"

"Ya a unicorn" the stallion blinked, "Ya don' have wings" she pointed out, causing him to look on the sides of his body in confusion.

"Yeah, trying." The stallion quickly got up onto his hooves dusting himself off.

"We haven't met yet. The name's Looker, now where am I?"

"Ya can call me Lady Smith and ya in Ponyville. Princess Celestia herself gave us the town" she said, smiling proudly.

"Wait, Celestia! What happen to Luna?" Looker question, his eyes showed complete confusion.

"She got trap in the moon" Lady Smith said, while she thought about how weird this unicorn is.

"Seriously?! She was my favorite of the two." Looker said, bowing his head in sadness.

Lady Smith blinked, Looker push her out of the way and ran towards the town. Yelling about coming back later. The green Earth pony looked around seeing a golden Necklace laying on the ground.

She looked back on where he ran off too. Then back towards the floor, she moved her hoof to get closer to the Necklace. A voice whispered through the air and then just disappears when the pony back away from the item.

Lady Smith touch the golden necklace, a powerful spell stuck her into the necklace. A young yellow unicorn ran past her with a smile on her face, the golden necklace stayed around her neck. While she play in the streets.

The green Earth pony snapped out of it, seeing the necklace was no longer on the cold hard ground. But in Looker's hoof, it seems that it brings him pain. He placed around his neck and looked that her.

"I don't what you thought you saw, but it never happen" his voice carried hatred, but also sadness it broken between the two.

"Who was she?"

"No one important. Let it go"


The main six looked at Granny Smith while she told the tale, Twilight couldn't believe what she was hearing at the moment. While the others girls seem to be thinking about the necklace and the filly.

"So umm... His name is Looker? If it is then that's not a real name" Fluttershy softly spoke.

"There are countless things wrong. Like how he could put memories into a necklace only Alicorns could do that. Or how about the fact that he thought he could fly when he's a unicorn!" Twilight said, yelling the last few lines.

"Wait a minute. This stallion, he is the reason why the barn been broken for eighty years!" Applejack cried out, looked at the old barn with the hole still there.

"I don't care if it doesn't make sense. Does he do anything cool?" Rainbow asked, causing Granny Smith to smile.

"Ya bet he does. This town did got attack by the most powerful monster in Equestria. A Spirit Wolf, a wolf that cannot die."

"Yeah, now we're talking" Rainbow cried out.


Lady Smith follow Looker into town, the small group of ponies gave him funny looks on how he sniff and tasted the dirt. Lady Smith finally caught up to him, the unicorn looked at the Everfree Forest. Before the Earth pony could speak up, he placed his hoof on her mouth as he tried to listen to the growls of the forest.

"Well I got good news and terrible news" he said, removing his hoof and walking away from the town, causing Lady Smith to follow.

"Well what the news?" She question, causing the unicorn to stop at the edge of the town.

"Well good news is that Ponyville will never be under attack by Timberwolves or any other creatures that would live in Equestria." Looker said, before he tried to leave, Lady Smith grab his ear. Pulling him back in front of her.

"What is the terrible news?"

"You are all going to die" he said, causing the town to gather around the pair. "Wow, I said that a lot louder than I thought."

"What?" The town question.

"A Spirit Wolf is coming and it's coming tonight. They are immoral, but there are only one in the whole world. So yay us" Looker said, moving his hoof around in circles.

"I mean I could stop it, but who knows how long that could take" Looker stated.

"What, you can stop it?" Lady Smith question.

"Of course I can. I strong enough to at less end the match in a tie" Looker said, while he looked around. Watch the town leave to their homes making sure they are safe.

Lady Smith and Looker both looked up to the sun set. Orange painted the sky and only a little time left before The Spirit Wolf shows up.

"Can ya walk me home?" She asked, thinking it the safest way.

"Fine, but I'm going to act like a upper class unicorn from Canterlot who thinks he better than Earth ponies on the way." Looker said, the two began walking to Sweet Apple Acres. Just when he put his nose high in the sky.

"Oh how dare I walk on the ground where dirty Earth ponies walk. It not like we need the ground for anything. I will not eat food that lower class ponies eat, I only eat what Prince's and Princess eat. Which is cooked by Earth ponies which make me seem like a idiot." Looker said, causing Lady Smith to start laughing.

The two stopped at the gate of Sweet Apple Acres. The two just looked at each other, Looker smiled at her.

"Well Miss Smith, this is good bye. I got a date with a Wolf and it's not going to end with a kiss." Looker said, bowing his head for her.

"Try to not die" Lady Smith said.

"Can't if I wanted too" He whispered.

The young Earth pony wrapped her hooves around the unicorn neck, giving him a hug. He smiled and return the hug for a few seconds before breaking it apart.

They both parted ways. The doors and windows got locked shut while Looker waited in middle of town, the Everfree Forest could easily be seen. The moon started to rise, while a light blue claw exit out of the forest.

His fur is light blue that glows in the full moon night, his eyes and claws are black just like the black night sky. The eyes from the Spirit Wolf looked at Looker whom was smiling and waiting. The Wolf let out a howl to the full moon.

"Three rules before we fight. One, nothing below the belt" Looker said, causing the Wolf to nod in agreement.

"Two, don't touch my necklace and three this is just between us. So no getting anyone else involved." Looker finished, the Wolf howl to say he agrees with the rules.

The light blue fur Wolf, charge towards the unicorn. Who just raised his eyebrow at the beast, the unicorn causing the ground itself rise and hit the eye of the beast. The Wolf damage right eye jumped at Looker cutting his left eye.

Looker, looked to his right seeing the Spirit Wolf healing his right eye. The beast turn to look at Looker with a victory smile, only to be cut short seeing the unicorn healing his left eye.

"It looks like I have to try. This is going to be fun" he said, smiling.

The beast ran at the unicorn once more, causing Looker to stomp his hoof. Causing the ground to spike up, making the Wolf fly up into the air. The stallion looked up towards the sky, he blinked while his mind began to wonder.

No seeing the falling object, The Wolf landed on Looker's back. Digging his claws deep into the unicorn back, the beast jumped off. Cutting Looker's two front legs, causing the unicorn to fall onto his back.

The Spirit Wolf pin him down and started scratching the unicorn's eyes out. Looker lifted his back legs before kicking the beast off. He struggled to stand up, his legs still in the healing stage while the wolf didn't have a scratch.

Able to move one of his two legs, Looker listen to the sound of the Spirit Wolf running on the hard ground. The unicorn smile, moving his hoof accidentally causing a lighting bolt to strike the wolf. The beast felt weaken, the Wolf fell on one of his knees trying to heal off the damage.

Looker blinked, his eyes and legs are better, the unicorn raised himself in the air. Dark Storm clouds fill the night sky, striking Looking with multiple lighting bolts, creating the pony into a giant lighting bolt. Before it fell to the ground, striking the Spirit Wolf.

After the blast, both parties were still breathing. Tired and running out of strength, but still alive. Both staying still trying to heal off the damages from the last attack. The Wolf howled at Looker, causing the unicorn eyes to shoot open.

"You take that back! My mother was a lovely pony!" Looker yelled, causing the wolf to howl once again.

"Okay, yes she did that. But it was a one time thing, that she happen to repeat multiple times" Looker said, causing the Wolf to laugh at the unicorn.

Coughing caught the attention of both of them. The two turn to look at Lady Smith, before the two looked at each other.

"If you two are done fighting. Ah think, ah got a better way to end this." Lady Smith said, causing the two to look with disbelief in their eyes.

"Well if the Spirit Wolf stays here, than no other creature from the Everfree Forest would want to show up. Then you, Looker can heal yourself so why not feed him ya leg." Lady Smith said, making the two look at each other.

"Well we have to watch other Ponyville, if we do that. But it is the best option, what do you say Frank?" Looker question, making the wolf howl.

"It is now," the stallion stated, raising his hoof causing the wolf to shake it.

"Now what about Ponyville?" Lady Smith question, causing Looker to look at the damage on the small town.

"Huh? Oh right, give me a second" Looker said, stomping his hoof causing damage to fix itself.

Lady Smith looked at the once damage town, now looking like it was brand new right after a giant battle just took place.

"What was all of that? How did you survive or do that lighting bolt strike?" She asked

"Huh. Oh right yeah, Mind Magic. Made it myself it a little more powerful than your average teleport. Second I'm immoral, it kinda slips my mind from time to time. I really should get a business card. Hi my name is Looker and I'm immoral"

"So your leaving? Will I ever see you again?" Lady Smith question, causing Looker to bite his lip.

"I'll see you, you won't see me. Now I'm going to use my years of training and experience to leave without you seeing me" Looker said, he seems more proud of himself.

He let out a small cough. "Look over there!" He yelled causing the mare to look in the direction of where he was pointing. Causing him enough time to make his escape.

Once Lady Smith turned around seeing no pony there all she could do is hit her forehead with her hoof.

"Really. How long did it take ya to come up with that!?" She yelled her question, before looking on the ground seeing a piece of paper.

Two Thousand Years. It a work in progress


The main six stayed quiet after hearing the ending of Granny Smith story. Twilight being the first to speak up.

"That is all nonsense. First there is no such thing as Mind Magic. If there was I think I would at less know about it. This was just a complete waste of time" Twilight said, lighting strike a tree, causing it to almost fall on them.

The mares looked at the floating tree, with no magic surrounding it. The tree floated back to the truck, fixing itself. The ponies looked at the shadow figure standing quiet far away.

"Ya never fix the barn!" Granny Smith yelled, before a Wolf howl echo through the town.

The shadow figure disappear into the wind, making the main six blink in confusion.

"Ok, maybe it is a little bit true." Twilight said with a grin.

Author's Note:

Edit: I think I got everything, and added a few lines as well. Or I mess up again and added more spelling errors because I don't know what I "dictionary" is. All well, at less I enjoy writing this. Also I have no idea why I thought voting would work again. I most likely going to do What About Mummy?


There was going to be a few different ending one where I show everything that Looker done to save Ponyville and two where Twilight tells her children about Looker who would still be alive. Now I didn't answer everything about Looker's past because of reasons, his immortal is a curse and yeah I think that all I forgot, that and he taught Celestia Mind Magic when she locked Luna into the Moon, but that's a different story.

Also I got rid of two of my stories. Seven Days 3 and The Next Step so The Guardian is one and now onto number two. Which might be ether What About Mummy? The sequel to Where's My Daddy? Or Tales of Love 2 the sequel to Tales of Love.

The pairing in The Tales of Love 2 will be:

1. Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon
2. Octavia
3. Spitfire
4. Cutie Mark Crusaders
5. Trixie and Starlight Glimmer
6. Flitter and Cloudchaser.

I let you all decide which one I do, What About Mummy or Tales of Love 2 both quiet popular stories so yeah have fun.