• Published 21st Dec 2016
  • 372 Views, 0 Comments

Freaky Christmas - Hazel_Hester777



A Christmas special to the Pony Freak series

  • ...
 0
 372

Out Undercover

A Hunter named Pelt Skin strolled around the streets for any signs of suspicious behavior. He was a Hunter-in-Training, only around for two weeks, so called a Rookie. His coat was greyish green and his mane and tail was mahogany, his eyes were orange. He was just a Normal Earth Pony. The cutie mark wasn’t seen because he was wearing the military attire for Hunters. Just as he was about to call it a day off, he spotted something in the corner of his eye. Sneaking past the rays of sun in the afternoon was no other than Fluttershout. She got inside an ice cream parlor nearby.

Pelt immediately knew that a Freak in broad daylight not common anymore. As he heard, all Freaks retreated into the darkness of night after the last Hunters were killed. There had been no signs of Freaks since. The only sightings there were was merely a filly with possible dementia, but she was just a filly so she didn’t know what she was doing. Fluttershout was a grown mare, and extremely dangerous. Pelt got ready as he went to where she went.

The Hunter entered the ice cream shop, looking around for the beige mare. He then turned his attention to the counter. Fluttershout just stood at the counter. The stallion running the shop looked at her with scorn. He was not happy to see a Freak in his shop, especially in broad daylight.

“I don’t know what you’re doing, slinking around here. I don’t want any trouble here” the stallion said as Pelt reached in for the Freak Jar. “So hit the road”

“I’m not any trouble either, sir. I simply wanna buy a jumbo pop” Fluttershout said as a younger Freak came within range. “For my little girl”

Pelt stopped dead in his tracks when he saw the filly. She was a Pegasus like her mom, but her mane and tail were black while her coat was white. Her heterochromic eyes shone with pure innocence as she curiously tilted her head to the side. Her cutie mark was a crescent moon with a cross. Apart from the hat on her head, she had a pacifier in her mouth.

“You want the red or the blue, sweetie?” Fluttershout asked her child.

The filly walked up to the case that showed the jumbo pops. Her small forelegs pressed against the glass as she made her decision. She pointed to the red one as she looked back to her mother.

That was just too innocent, baby Freaks can’t go that destructive as their parents yet. It was just a mother taking time out to buy a treat for her baby. The Hunter just put the Freak Jar back in his bag.

“Oh, come on, kid. Back up from the pops” the stallion said to the child. To Fluttershout, he spoke again, “Listen, ma’am. What’s with you? Aren’t there any Freak ice cream joints in your neighborhood?”

The emphasis on the word ‘Freak’ made the Hunter turn back to the scene.

“No, there are. It’s just, my girl, so good for a little crazy, loves a lot of the advantages of being a Normal” Fluttershout explained as her child walked to her. “She wants to try a taste of being a Normal for once in her life” at that, her child tried to flap her wings in an attempt to fly, but only got a few inches off the ground. “Still learning to fly, how adorable. Please just let her have a chance while she still can”

Pelt melted at the child’s try.

The stallion just glared. “Look, you probably need to fix that red eye of yours if it’s blind but read this” he then put a sign infront of the two and read in anger. “‘STRICTLY, NO CRAZIES ALLOWED OR SERVED, NO MATTER HOW YOUNG’. So beat it with your demented offspring”

“Yeah, you’re kinda really scary, and you kid even has your eyes” a cowering mare said.

The child began to tear up at that comment. Fluttershout held back her anger as she tried to comfort her filly.

“Hello there” the Hunter said as he approached the duo.

“HUNTER!” Fluttershout yelled in alarm as she hid her daughter behind her. “Stay behind mommy” she whispered to her. She then raised her hooves in fear, “Please! Do whatever you want with me! But leave my baby alone!”

“It’s okay; I don’t want to scare you or your child. Calm down” he said as Fluttershout calmed down and let her filly be seen.

“Ah, Pelt Skin. Have you come to get this insane Freak and her child out of this store before they cause the costumers to use up their money for hospital and burial bills?” the stallion asked, smugly.

“Uh, no. See, I came here to check on what was going on in an ordinary ice cream parlor and the net thing I know: There’s a stallion depriving an innocent of something good in her life while she still had a chance, and a mother who just wanted to make her daughter feel happy”

Fluttershout and her daughter perked up.

The stallion was confused. “Since when did a Hunter decide to let a Freak live?”

“Since I saw that one of them has a chance. This Freak has a daughter, and all she wants to do is get her some ice cream, from a shop in the Normals world. All the Freaks we’ve met before, they were without kids. But now, seeing that one of them walks in with a kid, I guess they have hearts afterall, especially for family. So now, how about you give this mother and her daughter a…” he looked to Fluttershout to remember what they came for.

“A jumbo pop” she said as her daughter beamed.

The stallion sighed. “Ten bits”

Pelt didn’t let Fluttershout pay as he went up and paid for them. All three walked out the door. Fluttershout was carrying the jumbo pop as her daughter followed it with wide eyes. Pelt walked behind them, giving himself a pat on the back for a job well done. He couldn’t even believe how one of the most dangerous Freaks is now a caring mother to her daughter.

“I must thank you for helping us back there” Fluttershout said when they stopped out the door.

“Oh, it’s nothing” Pelt assured.

“I’m serious; I never felt that type of kindness in a long time. The Hunters I grew up with always Hunted for me and my friends, even though I was pregnant. They even tried to make me miscarriage”

“Really? That sounds awful”

Fluttershout shook her head. “My baby and survived, and look, she’s here now”

The said filly walked to her mother’s side and nuzzled her.

“She’s lovely”

“Thank you”

“If you don’t mind me asking, why are and your kid walking out here in broad daylight? I thought Freaks of all ages don’t come out until nighttime”

“I had to get my baby a jumbo pop. She likes the red ones most especially. And with your help, I’m glad we got just that. Now, my little princess can have her treat and go to sleep”

“It’s nice to see how children can show the caring side of Freaks”

“And it’s nice to see that some Hunters are willing to give the children a chance. By the way, what’s your name?”

“Pelt Skin” he extended a hoof out in greeting.

“Fluttershout” she shook hooves with him.

Pelt then turned to the filly. “Little one, you want to try some things Normals have? You try it. Don’t let even your Leader tell you differently”

The filly seemed to beam from that.

“I tell her that a lot” she then handed over the jumbo pop to her daughter as she accepted it with open arms. “Here you go, sweetie. Now give the nice colt a thank you”

The young filly did just that, giving a small hug to Pelt with her free hoof.

“Alright, have a nice day, you two. Hope you stay safe”

“You too” Fluttershout said as she and her daughter began to walk away.

Pelt Skin smiled and watched them go. He felt very proud of himself. He just showed the children of Freaks can be given a chance. Hopefully, the child will remember this event, tell her playmates, and maybe the next generation of Freaks can live with Normals in peace. Taking it all in, Pelt walked away to get ready to go back to camp.

Fluttershout and her daughter kept walking on until they reached an alley. Once there, the child pulled the pacifier out of her mouth.

“Did I do well, mother?” Bunochius asked.

“Yes, my dear. Excellent job, and yes, we’re melting that giant pop down and giving you the first one”

Bunochius beamed before making a faint glow envelope the pop and it disappear.

“When you send objects away into hiding, where do they go?”

“Kinda a secret”

Fluttershout smiled before giving her daughter a kiss on the forehead.

“What’s next, mom?”

Fluttershout pulled out a small list that she hid in her hat and checked “Jumbo Pops” off the list. “Hmm, looks like Christmas-themed cookies, and a Gingerbread house”

Bunochius nodded before making another light envelope them. When it was gone, both were now different colors. Fluttershout was now a green mare with a blue mane. Her cutie mark was now a vase of flowers. Bunochius was now a pink filly with a blue mane and her cutie mark became a wreath of flowers. Both of them were now Unicorns.

“Bunochius, you surprise me with your abilities”

“Okay, for the moment, in this form, I’m Flower Bed”

Fluttershout then looked at her mark to think of a name. “I’m Rosy Décor”

Cover names set up, the mother-daughter team went off to go get the rest of the supplies.