• Published 3rd Jul 2012
  • 917 Views, 20 Comments

Road to love - Mes Amis



When a stallion comes back to Ponyville, he finds he and his best friend are in love the same mare.

  • ...
2
 20
 917

Opportunity For Reconciliation

As Dante made it to the barn, he heard Big Mac and Cheerilee talking.

"Look ah know Fluttershy is ya friend she is mah friend too, but ah can't just get into someponyelse's problems. And neither should ya." he said in a parental tone.

"What if he hates Fluttershy and avoids her from now on, Mac? She would be heartbroken and you know that."

"If Dante hates her, then that is his business. But ah know for a fact that..."

"I don't hate her, Cheerilee." Dante said bursting through the barn doors. "Why would you ever think that? She's been my closest friend for years and you think I would throw it all away just because she forgot who I am. No matter what Fluttershy might do, say, or even think about me I could never hate her."

"Then why did you stop talking with Rarity and leave when you saw her last night?" Cheerilee replied angrily.

"When the mare of ya dreams forgets ya even exist ya gonna want some time away from her. Ain't ah right Dante?" Mac said trying to calm Cheerilee.

"What does that have to do with Dante, Mac?" Cheerilee said more confused than angry.

"Because I love her, Cheerilee. That's why I avoided her yesterday, but I didn't mean to make her hate me."

Cheerilee let out a sigh. "Fluttersy doesn't hate you, Dante, but if Rainbow Dash hears about this she will."

"Well now that we got that out of the way, how am I supposed to tell her how I feel?" Dante said aloud thinking somepony could answer his question.

"That's something ya got t' figured out ya self." Big Mac said as he left the barn with Cherrilee behind him.

"Right." he thought to himself.
_____________________________________________________________________________

Unknown to Big Mac and his guests, there was a young gossip journalist taking down notes on their entire conversation. "This will make a great story for tomorrow." Applebloom said.

Applebloom ran from the barn and out to the CMC headquarters to meet with her fellow crusaders, Sweete Belle and Scootaloo. As she reached her friends were waiting for her outside the HQ.

"So what do we have for tomorrow's paper, Applebloom?" wondered Scootaloo.

"How about 'Local Mare Enchants Music Idol!'"

"What are you talking about?" said Sweete Belle.

"The pony who jus' moved t' town is in love with Fluttershy."

"How do you know that?"

"Ah heard mah brother, Ms. Cheerilee, and Dante talkin' 'bout how he loves Fluttershy. Here ah wrote down what ah heard." Applebloom said giving them the notes she took.

"Wow! You were really telling the truth." Scootaloo said.

"Of course ah was."

"Now I think we should get to work." Sweete said.

"Alright!"
______________________________________________________________________________

Fluttershy was at home going through her usual routine. Feed her little animal friends, feed Angel, make dinner, and got some sleep. Currently she was feeding Angel his favorite salad, but halfway through making his meal Fluttrershy broke down crying. Concerned about his caretaker, Angel went into the kitchen to see what happened to her. He put his small paw on her shoulder as if saying 'Whats wrong?'

"I'm sorry Angel I didn't mean to make you worry. I'm fine, really." she said putting on a fake smile, but Angel knew she was lying.

'You can't fool me Fluttershy. Now tell what's wrong.' he demanded.

"Okay fine I'll tell you what's wrong." she said as tears started to build up in her eyes. "Its about Dante. I know he hates me. Cheerilee keeps telling me he doesn't hate me but I know she's just saying that to make me feel better." Fluttershy was crying by this point. "I-i know we promised t-to remember eachother, b-but I couldn't keep my promise a-nd now he... he... He hates me!"

Angel got her to stop crying enough so he could write down something for her to read. He then handed the note to her and gestured her to read.

"Dante doesn't hate you. He could never hate you." she read out loud. "H-how do you know?"

Angel wrote down his response and gave it to her. 'He told me himself.'

"When did he tell you Angel?" she said as she wiped away the rest of her tears.

'This morning, when you were asleep.'

"Why did you go to see Dante this morning?"

'Because I wanted to now why you came home crying last night.'

"Thank you Angel."

'For what?'

"Worrying about me." she said with a small giggle. "I'll get back to your special salad now Angel."

'Actually, can I have some carrots?'

"Are you sure Angel? If your doing this for me I really wouldn't mind making you your salad."

'I'm sure.'

"Okay then Angel." Fluttershy then gave Angel a couple of carrots. "I'm going to go to town Angel. Be good." and with that she left her cottage and went towards Ponyville.
_____________________________________________________________________________

With nothing left to do for the day, Dante thought he could go back to the cafe he went the day before where he was reunited with Reda. Heading inside the cafe he ordered the same drink from before, grabbed a newspaper, and took the same seat. Dante soon found himself reading almost every article in the paper. He then heard many voices come and go, but one voice in particular stood out from the rest.

"Hello Joey." said the familiar voice. "I'll have an herbal tea and a dafidel sandwich." soon the voice seem to have left, but it eventually returned but this time it was right in front of him. "Excuse me." said the voice quietly. "Um, could I possibly sit here? Te ret of the seats seem to be taken. If that's okay with you, I mean."

"I don't mind at all. Go ahead and take a se..." Dante stopped midsentence after putting the paper down he saw Fluttershy was the owner of the familiar voice.

"I-I'm sorry I didn't mean to bother you." Fluttershy said grabbing her things and about to leave until Dante grabbed her by her shoulder.

"Fluttershy where are you going?" Dante said in a worried tone.

"I have to go, Dante so can you please let go of me?" Fluttershy said angrily.

Letting go of her shoulder Dante soon grabbed her arm and turned her around. "Before you go just answer me this question." he stopoed to take a deep breathe. "Do you really hate me for what I did last night, Fluttershy?"

Fluttershy put her food down on the table then she looked into Dante's eyes and saw the pain he was hiding from her. "Dante I could never hate you just because you're angry and probably hate me." she said sitting down and motioning for him to do the same.

"But I don't. Didn't Angel tell you?" he said as he sat back down.

"He did, but I thought he was just trying to make me feel better."

"I'm sorry Fluttershy."

"For what?"

"For making you suffer and think I hate you."

"And I'm sorry for breaking our promise."

"It's not the first promise you've broken to me, Fluttershy."

"Please don't remind me of that Dante. I'm begging you don't bring back those memories."

"Okay then. How about that one Nightmare's Night where you dressed up as a tree? The way you scared Rainbow was hilarious." he said chuckling.

"I didn't mean to scare her." She sad defensively.
_____________________________________________________________________________

After reminiscing for a couple of hours, Fluttershy remembered that she had a little white bunny she was supposed to feed. "Oh No! I forgot about Angel. He was supposed to have dinner an hour ago. I'm sorry Dante but I have to go home."

"I'll walk you home then." he said standing up.

"Oh no, I couldn't ask that of you." she said putting a hoof on his shoulder.

"It's not a problem Fluttershy, really. Besides I remember how scared of walking in the dark you are." he said in a mock tone.

"Your terrible!" she said looking away from him.

"Oh come on Fluttershy. I didn't mean make you angry." he chuckled. "I'm sorry, I really am. Now come on if we don't hurry Angel will be even more angry with you." he said walking towards Flutteshy's cottage. Fluttershy followed him closely as se was really scared of walking alone in the dark.

Eventually arriving at Fluttershy's cottage, Dante realized how big it really was since the last time he was there. Fluttershy soon turned to him. "Thank you Dante for walking me home." she said appreciatively.

"It's not a problem." he said.

"Well I guess I never paid you for every time you walked me home so I want to give you something. Now close your eyes."

"Fluttershy is this really necessary?"

"Just do it." she said demandingly.

Dante complied to her demands, shutting his eyes. Fluttershy soon started leaning in to kiss him on the cheek, but as Angel opened the door Dante saw the light from inside. As if by instinct he turned to face Fluttershy and opened his eyes in time to see her lips connect with his. Realizing what she had just done Fluttershy paniced jumped away from Dante and shut the door, leaving Dante standing there shocked. He put one of his hooves to his lips and soon realized what she had done. He then turned around and went straight home.