• Published 3rd Jul 2012
  • 916 Views, 20 Comments

Road to love - Mes Amis



When a stallion comes back to Ponyville, he finds he and his best friend are in love the same mare.

  • ...
2
 20
 916

Gone Like Forever

It's been a month since Dante and Fluttershy started dating, and everything seem to be perfect for Dante. He lives in a town where everypony is nice to one another, he has a house to live in, great food to eat, a family that cares, and a beautiful mare who loves him as much as he loves her. Nothing could ruin his new life. Unluckily the same thing can't be said for his morning. Being forcefully woken by a loud banging that came from his front door, Dante went down stairs to find his father looking impatient.

"What is it dad, and why couldn't you wait for later?" Dante murmured as he let his father inside.

"Get dressed Dante. We have to leave as soon as possible." Stonewall said heading for the kitchen.

"Why?" he yawned.

"Here this should help wake you." Stonewall said as he threw a cup's worth of water to Dante's face, waking him up violently.

"Dad, what the hay!?"

"Now get dressed while I clean this up."

Dante soon went upstairs mumbling to himself. Not long after Dante return to the living room to find his father waiting by the door.

"So where are you taking me anyways?" Dante questioned.

"To the station."

"Why?"

"We have somepony you need to meet, Dante."

"We?"

"Your mother and I."

Not long after they both made it to the station and found Life's Treasure waiting for them patiently.

"Good morning, Dante." Treasure said as she hugged him.

"It was a good morning until dad threw freezing water in my face." Dante said to his mother.

"Here it comes." Stonewall said as the train approached slowly.

"Who is it your introducing me to anyways, mother?"

"You'll see." and with that the train came to a stop in front of Dante and his parents. Soon everypony in the train had exited except two pegasus. One a small orange filly, and the other a red mare.

"Come on Marcy, they're over here." the red mare said to the orange filly.

"Okay sis, I'm coming."

"There she is Dante." Treasure said as the red mare made her way to them.

"I'm dating Fluttershy, mom. I don't need you to get me a date." Dante said giving his mom a confused face.

"Not her Dante. Her." Stonewall said pointing at the filly.

"Mom. Dad. It's great to see you." the red mare said hugging Stonewall.

"Mom? Dad?" Dante said looking at the mare even more confused than before.

"Scarlet, you remember your brother." Treasure said motioning to Dante.

"Dante? Oh my gosh, it's been so long!" Scarlet said nearly tackling her brother.

"S-scarlet? I didn't even recognize you. Look at you, you've changed so much sis." Dante remarked looking at his sister in disbelief.

"Of course you didn't recognize me, you haven't come visit in 15 years! I've spent the last 15 years alone since you decided to leave." Scarlet said now angry at Dante, turning her back to him.

"Scarlet, I'm sorry but I've been touring nonstop with the band, and when we did stop, it was to record more music." she still didn't look at him. "But there's no reason to be mad, because I won't be leaving town for a long time. I promise." Dante said as he hugged his sister. She then turned around to reveal that she had tears rolling down her face. "Scarlet, what's wrong?"

"I-I missed you so much big brother. Why did you have to leave, you big meanie?" she said as she buried her face in his chest.

"Scarlet I'm sorry. I'm so sorry little sis. I didn't mean to make you worry." Dante said as tears started to run down his face. After a few minutes in their embrace Dante let go of his sister to see his father walk towards him with the filly behind him.

"Dante I want you to meet Marcy. Say hello Marcy." Stonewall said as he pushed the filly towards Dante.

"Hello Marcy. I'm Dante it's nice to meet you." he said walking towards the filly, wiping away any leftover moister from before. The filly stood her ground terrified of Dante, but as soon as Dante got within hoof length, Marcy ran towards Scarlet for protection.

"Marcy thats no way to say hello to your brother." Scarlet said as she lifted her off the ground.

"B-brother?" Marcy said in a whispered voice.

"Yeah Marcy. Dante is our big brother. He's your big brother."

"Wait could somepony explain this to me?" Dante said looking at his parents.

"It's true Dante. Little Marcy is your baby sister." Treasure said.

"I'm not a baby!" Marcy yelled.

"You're acting like one though." Scarlet said chuckling at her sister's face. "Now come on and say hello to Dante already." As if by magic Marcy's attitude went from angry little filly to Fluttershy level of shyness.

"Marcy if you don't say hello we won't get any food. You don't wanna starve, do you?" Marcy shook her head. "Then say hello already."

"I don't think that's...." Dante muttered.

"H-hello big brother." Marcy interrupted.

"See it wasn't that hard, now was it Marcy?" Scarlet said lowering her sister and pushing her closer to Dante.

"Come on everypony let's go get some breakfast." Stonewall said walking away from the tracks.

"Great, I'm starving. Come on Marcy I'll carry you." Dante said as motioned her to get on his back.

"O-okay."
___________________________________________________________________________

Unknown to Dante, Rainbow Dash had seen the exchange of hugs between Dante and this unknown mare. Within minutes Rainbow was at Fluttershy's cottage.

"Oh hello there, Rainbow Dash. What are you doing here?" Fluttershy said letting Rainbow in.

"Dante is cheating on you that's why I'm here!" Rainbow yelled.

"W-what do you mean he's cheating on me?" Fluttershy said now worried.

"I saw him hugging some mare at the train station. And it wasn't any 'hello' kinda hug either."

"Are you sure it was Dante?"

"Tell me how many other stallions look like your coltfriend, Fluttershy?"

"None."

"And that's my point! That two timing weasel."

"Are you sure it was that kind of hug?"

"What other hug is there Fluttershy. Just face it the stallion you love so much is a lieing cheater."

"I don't believe you."

"What?"

"I said I don't believe you. Dante said he would never cheat on me, and I trust him completely."

"And my isn't as good, Fluttershy. Fine, if you won't believe me then go see for yourself. I'll take you to him." Rainbow said as she went through the door, waiting for Fluttershy to follow. "Come on."

"I'm going."

Walking through town, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy soon found Dante and the red mare sitting on a park bench, chatting away as if there was no tomorrow.

"See Fluttershy, he is cheating on you." Fluttershy remained quiet as she watched her coltfriend and the other mare.

Eventually after getting close enough to hear their conversation, Fluttershy first heard something she would have never thought she would hear Dante say to any mare.

"So do you have a coltfriend?" and with that Fluttershy's heart was torn to shreds at the thought that the love of her life would ask another mare if she had a coltfriend while they were dating. Unable to stand it any more Fluttershy ran home leaving Rainbow in a rage nopony could have ever thought possible.
_________________________________________________________________________

After eating with his family, Dante beckoned Scarlet to join him on a walk around town. She gradually accepted his request wanting to spend some quality time with her brother after being separate for 15 years.

"So what are you studying at Canterlot anyway?" Dante asked.

"Medicine. I wanna be a nurse." Scarlet replied.

"Of course you would." he chuckled.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I'm just saying you always tried to help others, even with things you couldn't handle. So you becoming a nurse doesn't seem like some crazy idea. To tell the truth I'm really proud of you little sis." Dante said hugging her.

"Thank you Dante, that means a lot coming from you." she said returning the embrace.

"Now that I think of it why was Marcy with you?"

"Oh I told mom that since I wasn't spending as much time with Marcy as I used to, I thought she could spend the week with me. Like a good older sibling." Scarlet said mocking her brother.

"How many times do I have to say I'm sorry?"

"Fifteen years worth."

"I know I used to call you crazy when we were kids, but now I'm a hundred percent sure I was right."

"That's mean you big bully." Scarlet said as she pushed her brother away for her.

"Come on sis lets sit down." Dante said as he sat down at a nearby bench, with Scarlet following suit. "So how do you pay your intuition for college?"

"Oh I got a scholarship." she said proudly.

"Really? A scholarship to Canterlot University? You've got to be kidding me." Dante said in disbelief.

"No, it's true. You don't believe it because you're not smart enough to get one."

"Hey that's no way to talk to your older brother." Dante said in a hurt tone.

"But it's true."

"That's it. Time for your punishment." Dante said as he grabbed Scarlet and started giving her a traditional nuggie.

"Ow! Stop it! Let go of me!" she screamed while giggling at her brother's foalish nature.

After a good minute more of torturing Scarlet, Dante let her go. "That's what you get for insulting your big brother."

"Dante, you shouldn't treat mares like that." Reda said as he walked up to his friend.

"Reda, what are you doing here?" Dante said in an embarrassed tone.

"What? A stallion can't take a stroll around town, and walk up to his pal while he is mistreating such a beautiful mare. Especially when you have a fillyfriend remember, or have you already lost interest in Fluttershy?" Reda said mocking his best friend.

"That isn't funny Reda. You know I would never lose interest in her." Dante said angrily.

"I was just kidding. Geez lighten up, man." Reda said as he turned his attention to Scarlet. "So if you're not the mare Dante would cheat on Fluttershy with, then who are you?"

Even with a coat the same color as her name, Reda and Dante both could see the blush on Scarlet's face. "I-I'm, um..."

"She's my little sister, and her name is Scarlet." Dante said as he wrapped his hoof over her.

"Well its a pleasure to meet you, Scarlet."

"Y-you too, Reda." she said.

"So Dante when were you gonna tell me you had such a hot sister?" Reda whispered to Dante.

"Well I haven't seen her since I left town. How was I supposed to know my little sister would look hot?" Dante replied. "I know this is kinda rude but could you leave us alone? I want to learn more about my sister in private."

"Fine. Well I guess I'll be leaving." he said looking back at Scarlet. "it was nice to meet you. I hope we can hang out sometime."

"M-me too." Scarlet said shyly.

After Reda left Dante noticed that Scarlet was daydreaming so as any good jerk older brother Dante snuck up behind Scarlet and yelled.. "Boo!"

"Ahhh! Dante you jerk. You could given me a heartattack."

"Well I've missed 15 years of being an older brother and I'm trying to get them all back."

"Well how about you try messing with Marcy too?"

"That's terrible. I couldn't possibly do that to somepony as shy as Marcy."

"I remember you used to do it to Fluttershy. She was just as shy as Marcy back then."

"But I was a colt back then, I'm a stallion now and supposed to act like one."

"Well you don't seem to be dong such a good job."

"That's because you're not as young as Marcy. You're 23 years old, she's just 7. If I did anything to Marcy she could really have a heartattack. You know that as much as I do." Dante said in a caring and concerned tone.

"Why are you acting so sad Dante?" Scarlet said worry.

"It's nothing." Dante said with a fake grin.

"You're lying." Scarlet said angrily staring at him.

"That obvious?" she nodded. He sighed. "Fine. I think Marcy doesn't like me."

"What do you mean? She's talked more with you around then she normally do with just mom, dad, and I." it didn't seem to affect him. "Look if you want I'll tell her your a good pony and that she doesn't need to be afraid of you. You are her older brother after all and if anything happens to mom and dad, you're gonna be her legal guardian." Scarlet said hugging her brother lovingly.

"Do you ever get the feeling you're a bit of a nuisance when somepony is trying to be sad?" Dante chuckled as his mood improved.

"I get that sometimes."

"Since you know I have a fillyfriend it's my right to ask you this." Dante said as he became a little tense. "So, do you have a coltfriend?"

"No. Why do you wanna know?"

"I just wanna make sure you don't before...." Dante wasn't able to finish his sentence as a rainbow streak hit him head on and sent him flying.

"DANTE YOU'RE SO DEAD!!!"