• Published 3rd Jul 2012
  • 916 Views, 20 Comments

Road to love - Mes Amis



When a stallion comes back to Ponyville, he finds he and his best friend are in love the same mare.

  • ...
2
 20
 916

Party News

Opening the door to his new home and finding old friends and some new faces having a surprise party made Dante wonder who make such a plan. After two seconds of thinking he remembered the only pony willing to invade somepony's home and throw a party. "Pinkie Pie." he muttered to himself.

"Come on in, it is ya party ain't it?" said the Big red stallion shoving Dante and Reda through the door and into the party.

"It's great to see you to Mac. Where is Pinkie, I know she planned this." Dante said looking around to find the mare. To his displeasure Pinkie was standing behind him with the party cannon ready to fire.

"Here I am!" she yelled before firing the party cannon, causing Dante and Reda both to jump in the air out of fear.

Turning around both the stallions yelled at her simotaniously. "Don't do that!"

"Sorry." she said moving the party cannon out of the way.

"Thats the second time today I could have died today from a heart attack! Somehow I think everypony in this town is trying to kill me! Maybe I should get back on the road where people I know aren't trying to kill me!" Dante yelled at Pinkie Pie.

"I'm sorry Dante. I didn't mean to make you angry, I'm just really happy to see you. It's been 15 years, 4 months, 8 days, and 13 hours since you left." she said hugging him.

"Ya don't have t' yell at dah mare. She was jus' bein' herself." said a feminine voice with the same accent as Big Mac. Turning around Dante found that the voice belonged to Mac's younger sister, Applejack. "It's been a very long time Dante."

"It's been 15 years, 4 months, 8 days, and 13 hours by Pinkie's count, right AJ." he chuckled as he turned to see Applejack.

"Y'all 'member mah sister Applejack." Big Mac said putting his fore hoof on her shoulder.

"Yeah I do, but I don't know this young mare here." Dante said starring at Applejack, seeing how she has changed since he saw her last.

"That's Applejack, silly. She's got the same hat from when we were kids. Can't you tell?" Pinkie said jumping over to Applejack.

"So it is. It's been too long Appleack. How have you been?"

"Ah've been jus' fine thank ya very much for askin'."

"Here he is the Stallion of the hour." said a very regal voice knowing only one pony who ever spoke with such class, Dante knew that if he turned around he would find no other than Rarity behind him.

Not even looking at her Dante started to speak to the mare. "It's been to long Ms. Rarity, how are you doing?"

"It is rude to speak to somepony without looking at them, Dante." she said raising her muzzle in a offended maner.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend y..." Dante stopped midsentence. As he was turning around to see Rarity, Dante saw Fluttershy cowering behind her. "If you'll excuse me I have to wash up." he said looking away and walking towards the restroom.

"Now why would he leave in the middle our conversation? Do you know Fluttershy? Fluttershy? Where dd you go dear?" Rarity wondered, looking around for her friend.
________________________________________________________________________

Fluttershy ran off towards the front door but was stopped as the door was shut by a light scarlet aura. Turning around she saw Reda walking up to her. "Hey where do you think your going, the party just started."

"I'm sorry but I have to go." she said backing up to the door.

"What's wrong Fluttershy? Come on you can tell me."

"I just have to go home that's all." she said.

"Fluttershy is something wrong?" Cheerilee called out walking towards her.

"I have to go. I really need to go home. I just can't be here right now." she said on the verge of tears.

"Reda what did you do?" Cheerilee said starring at the stallion.

"Nothing. I tried to get her to tell me what happened, but she wouldn't tell me." he pleaded.

"Fluttershy did you bump into Dante?" Fluttershy nodded. "I see. Reda thank you for keeping her here, but I need to be alone with her, ok?"

"Sure. I'm gonna go find Dante. See you later Fluttershy." with that he left and went into the crowd of ponies at the party.

"Fluttershy did you say anything to Dante, or did he say anything to you?" she shook her head. "Then why do you have to go?"

"When Dante saw me he was talking to Rarity then he made an excuse to get away from me." Fluttershy then broke down crying. "I told you he would hate me. Now he's trying to avoid me. He doesn't want anything to do with me anymore."

"Fluttershy, he doesn't hate you. How many times am I gonna have to tell you that?" Cheerilee said holding her friend in her hooves.

"T-then w-why is he avoiding me?"

"I don't know why he is avoiding you, but I'm sure he doesn't hate you. Now come on I'll walk you home." and with that they left the party and went straight to Fluttershy's cottage.
______________________________________________________________________

While Cheerilee and Fluttershy were talking, Reda was looking for Dante. He finally found him talking to Twilight Sparkle and Spike, her assistant.

"Hey Dante mind if I have a word with you?" Reda asked.

"Sure Reda. Excuse me Twilight." they walked into the kitchen. "What's going on Reda?" Dante asked.

"What did you do to Fluttershy?" Reda said angrily.

"What do you mean, I didn't do a thing. Did something happen to her?" he said worryfully.

"No, but I saw that she was trying to leave. I asked why, but she didn't tell me she just said she had to go home. Then Cheerilee came over and asked her what had happened. Then she said it something to do with you. So tell me, what did you do to her?"

After telling Reda everything Dante felt as if he had personally told Fluttershy to leave. "Man I didn't think she would react like that. I just wanted to get away from her for the night." he said sadly.

"You should treat her better Dante. I just can't let you be a jerk around the one I'm in love with." Reda said putting his hoof on Dante's shoulder.

"Wait! What did he just say!?!"