• Published 11th Dec 2016
  • 395 Views, 7 Comments

A Nation Divided... - Silver Inkwell



When war spreads across the land of Equestria, ponies must choose a side between the two sisters, but Ruby Crystal has no plans to get involved in this war, but when she is forced to choose a side, who will she pick and join?

  • ...
2
 7
 395

Ruby Crystal

Chapter One: Ruby Crystal

She was a simple unicorn, despite the life that she had been raised up in.

She might have been born rich and famous, but that didn’t mean she had to live up to that legacy in the same way that her parents had pursued.

She had gleaming white skin that sparkled, shimmered, and shined in the sunlight and dazzling bright red hair that also sparkled, shimmered, and shined in the sun. And finally, she had blue eyes like a diamond or perhaps maybe the ocean instead, or other various things and objects made up of and having the color of blue. But despite her outwards looks and appearance, she was even more beautiful on the inside because of her love, kindness, and generosity. And she loved music, writing, poetry, art, and songs, she loved to hear them, see them, admire them, and even create them should the occasion or chance permit. But what she did not love war the bloody war in the lands.

It had been ten years ever since it unofficially began with the return of the Princess Luna, and no pony knew what happened between the two to make them split apart and drift away from each other, but it must have been very bad, for now it was tearing and dividing the entire nation apart and away.
Ponies had to choose and pick a side to join, one side to be loyal to, one side to risk your life for, one to die for, and it was all too much pressure for her to take, she couldn’t choose between the two sisters that she loved and admired.

For one raised the sun that gave life and beauty to plants and life and ponies, and that’s why all the farmers were only loyal to Celestia, and the other raise the moon, a reflection of the light of the sun, and she raised the stars, even more lights, and they all gave off their own unspoken beauty as the sun did.

She wanted peace in the lands, and many also shared her opinion, and they formed a third-party group lead by the Mane 6, for while they were more loyal to the Princess of the Sun Celestia, they also did not want this war to destroy the lands of Equestria, or the power and strength of the magic of Friendship.

Yet inside she sighed for she knew that it was most likely never to happen.

But at least she had a peaceful life in this storm of chaos and blood and war and pain and despair and sorrow, and she considered herself very lucky since some ponies would not be as content and as wise and as smart as she was.

And she lived simply and plainly doing what she could with what she earned from her little tiny shop, but she was still glad that she lived well enough.

But little did she know just how soon she would be forced to choose, just how soon to pick a side to join, a side that she would not love nor be loyal to.

Author's Note:

The Bold is Emphasis for the Chapters. They have no real Impact on Anything.

Next Chapter: Chance Encounter/ Meeting

Where she meets a strange and unusual pony that is also odd.

So stay tuned for more.