• Published 11th Dec 2016
  • 395 Views, 7 Comments

A Nation Divided... - Silver Inkwell



When war spreads across the land of Equestria, ponies must choose a side between the two sisters, but Ruby Crystal has no plans to get involved in this war, but when she is forced to choose a side, who will she pick and join?

  • ...
2
 7
 395

A Chance Encounter/ Meeting

Chapter Two: A Chance Encounter/ Meeting

Little did Ruby know that she was being watched from the shadows by a strange pony as she walked around in the small little tiny town.

“She’s on the move,” the mysterious strange pony said looking as she went across the market buying various random items, “Is the mission still a go?”

“Yes, it is, just try to get close to her as a traveling sales pony, just remember that and you should be fine, hopefully there will be no guards.”

“There won’t be any guards,” the strange pony said slowly approaching Ruby.

Meanwhile Ruby was trying to negotiate the price of an apple, “But last week it was only one bit for an apple, so tell me why it’s more exactly.”

“Because of princess Celestia’s new tax laws, I have to make profit somehow, and I’m not changing the price for any pony, even you, so pay up or go away.”

“Fine then,” she said handing him the money, “But I hate taxes.”

The stallion laughed, “As do we all, that seems to be the one constant that I have seen among every pony that I have met yet, and we all do hate them, but by law we must support the Solar Empire, all hail Celestia, but thank you, and have a very good nice day,” he said waving her goodbye as she left.

“Bye,” she said not bothering to wave back or respond to his comment about the Solar Empire, which was true, to resist and rebel was punishable by the princess herself, and Celestia was not known to be very kind to traitors.

She walked along the pathway very slowly and then took a very deep heavy sigh, she just wished that this war could end, it was pointless, didn’t they realize just how much they loved each other really and truly?
Didn’t they see that their fights and battles and this war only would cause pain and sorrow and despair? Didn’t they want that to end? And why couldn’t they ever just take time to sit down and talk together? Have some tea or other random various hot beverage instead? Couldn’t they be sisters once more again?

But it would be of no use to try to talk reason with them even if she could, they both seemed to have gone crazy and insane, one with power and control, the other in seeking forgiveness and love, and neither would stop their goals or quest, and neither would relent or give up, and hope was little to be found.

It was right then at that moment when she was thinking all this that her life changed, or rather it started to change with the strange mysterious pony.

“Hello,” the stallion said, and on instinct she looked at his eyes, they clearly weren’t a bat ponies, thank goodness, one less thing to worry about now.

“I would like to offer you a once in a lifetime chance opportunity, and I can guarantee you that it will be
something that you have never before seen or heard or ever experienced, what do you say, are you in miss-?”

“Firstly, if you’re talking about sex, no, secondly, I don’t buy anything from a traveling sales pony, so thank you, but pleas just go away,” she said.

The stallions’ jaw dropped in shock and surprise at her brutal honesty and bluntness, and she did have that effect on most ponies, and then he smiled or at least tried to, half of his face still looked slightly confused, “Miss, this is a completely free sample, and no it’s not sex, and please just don’t say that word,
ever again,” he said trying to get past the very awkward situation before him.

“Don’t worry, I won’t, but what ‘free’ samples of what do you have exactly?”

“Adventure, change, action, dreams, ideas, thoughts, maybe perhaps even love and romance, I don’t really know it all just yet, but I hope to someday soon.”

“Okay, now you’re not making any sense at all, so I’ll just leave now.”

“Wait,” he said grabbing her hoof very tightly, “Come with me if you want to change this war, change the sisters, change the pain and sorrow and despair that we still have and hold in these lands, come with me if
you want answers, come with me if you want another side to the story and the real truth too.”

“About what?” she said, “Oh, and also, please let me go.”

“Not yet, but to answer your question, everything, very soon enough.”

And with that said the stallion dragged Ruby along with him.

“Where are you taking me to?” she said with some slight fear.

“Don’t worry,” he said, “You’re just going to go to the castle.”

“Wait, what?” she said, “That’s crazy and insane, GUARDS, HELP ME!”

The stallion sighed to himself very heavily and deeply, he knew that he should have used his magic against her to make her be quiet, he was very stupid.

“Shut up,” he said, “Some pony is likely to be bound to notice us.”

“That’s the point,” she said struggling to escape from his tight grasp.

And eventually the guards did notice and luckily eight came over.

“Sir, we’re going to need you to release that pony,” they said.

“And I’m going to need you to surrender to me and join the New Lunar Republic if I am ever going to do that,” he said, and then he looked up at a wall where some posters of Celestia hung, but they were defaced
with the NLR sign.

“Nice artwork,” he said, “I really do applaud whomever may have made it.”

“So then, you’re a rebel,” the guards said with a very low deep growl, “Well then, I guess that this just might be our lucky day for us now.”

“That depends upon how you define lucky, and I’m also not just any rebel, I am Princess Luna’s second in command, congrats on finding me.”

“Well then, you heard him, get him!” the guards said very loudly as they all attacked him at once, but it was no use, it was all in vain because their efforts, time and energy were blocked by the strange mysterious pony however.

“Oh come on,” he said easily dodging them as he used his magic to block some attacks and confuse them, “Is eight the best that the princess can do?”

He then laughed and soon enough every guard was on the floor since they were now defeated and very unconscious of anything happening around them.

“How did you do that?” Ruby said once he had finished (she had stood very still just watching due to her surprise and shock factor that she still had somehow).

“Simple,” he said, “Magic, years of training and practice and patience, that’s how, but come now, we must get to the castle, Luna will be waiting for you.”

“Me?” she said, “But I am no pony special or important, and I am no more different or unique or odd than any pony else with a cutie mark, why me?”

The stranger sighed as if he was remembering something very important, and he was, for he was thinking about the first time that he had to ask that too.

“You know,” he said, “I had to once ask that same exact question, and I’ll give the same answer that she did to me, because you are ready for this.”

“That still makes no sense at all whatsoever,” she said.

“You’re ready for quests and goals, ready to change, ready to act, ready to speak, ready to change and inspire others to do the very same things, you are ready to lead or follow, you are ready because you can
be changed.”

“I guess that makes sense, but what is your name anyhow stranger?”

He smiled at this for some strange reason, “My real and true name is hidden far away and buried deep down inside with the past, but you can call me Orion if you wish to, or you can come up with another nickname instead, I won’t mind, in fact I don’t at all actually. Oh, and the last name is Moon by the way.”

“Really?” she said as he dragged her along, “That’s your ‘name’?”

“Yes, it is, don’t ask why, but I did use ‘Hunter’ at one point, but here we are,” he said pointing at the huge wide big vast castle, “The Castle of the Night.”

Author's Note:

Since I have been working on other stories more, this story only has had about a few days of work on it in total so far.

Next Chapter: Introductions

So stay tuned for more (please)!