• Published 3rd Dec 2016
  • 2,253 Views, 87 Comments

The Regular - Milo_Chalks



Sunburst has a secret admirer, but it isn't at all who he expected, in the most unlikely of places. MxM shipping tag

  • ...
9
 87
 2,253

Breakfast Coffee

Sunburst’s eyes gently fluttered open, the orange stallion took in a huge lungful of air. He was just about to move his legs before he realised that he was in a tangle of limbs with his date the previous night. Instead of gently untangling himself he snuggled up closer, closed his eyes and took in Ristretto’s scent. Yep, I can get used to this. He thought to himself through a flutter in his chest and cheshire grin quickly spreading over his face.

Of course this only lasted until he heard the door open and the click of a camera. Sunburst’s eyes cracked open like a whip as he looked across to the doorway he was facing. Behind Ristretto’s hair, he saw his very-much-in-trouble friend giggling as she witnessed the mattress containing two ponies smushed together in tight embrace. Sunburst raised his head, a death stare filling every fibre on his face as he mouthed the words ‘Imma kill you’ before slowly sinking his head back down and opening the door with his magic in hope the mare will take the hint.

Starlight gave a small smirk before quietly exiting through the door she was so kindly shown making a hoof gesture representing sex as the last of her went through the door earning a mighty scowl from the half awake mattress occupant. The door quietly clicked shut and Sunburst let out a breath of relief before slowly slipping back into his more than comfortable position.

Sunburst lay snuggled up to Ristretto for what seemed like a century. Warmth flooded through his chest as he felt the soft body next to him. It felt so right to him, he felt a new found happiness that nothing could take away. Sunburst thought about life with Ristretto, what could come of their relationship, memories they could share. Eventually he felt a stirring from the extremely comfortable co-occupant of the mattress. The pony turned almost all the way over before his muzzle bumped into Sunburst's. "Oops. Sorry, misjudged the distance a little bit," he whispered as he snuggled into Sunburst's body. A moment later he realized what he was doing and moved his head back so he could shake his head. Once he was conscious he ducked his head away to hide the stupid grin on his face.

Once he had recovered he turned back to Sunburst, “Oh sorry hehe, forgot you were there.” Ristretto whispered still shaking sleep from his mind. Similar to Sunburst, Ristretto turned over to avoid the gaze of his date before growing a stupid smile at the situation at hoof.

Sunburst started to get out of bed, immediately regretting leaving the warmth of the sheets. He made his way to the kitchen where he started sifting through the pantries looking for something to start both pony’s days.

“Where do you keep the oats? I’m gonna make some porridge.” He asked the still waking up Ristretto.

“Mmm in the bed, next to me, come back here if you want it.” Ristretto replied through groans as he sat up in bed and began to make the huge step towards waking up, of leaving the bed.

“Are you always this bed reliant?” Sunburst asked, having finally managing to track down some oats in the pantry, at the back of the last cupboard he looked in.

“Only on days I don’t have to work… and days when I have cute stallions cuddling up next to me.” He added earning a blush from Sunburst as the orange stallion began scrounging through the fridge for milk.

“Now, the secret is to add the maple syrup when the porridge is cooking to avoid getting sweet bits and bland bits, it gives the whole thing sweetness except for just lumps.” Sunburst started to talk in an overly dramatic ‘cooking show host’ voice as he began to throw together porridge. Ristretto came over and started brewing coffee for both of them as the other cut up a banana to join the cooking porridge.

“And what about the brown sugar sprinkled over the top? You can’t possibly forget that now can you!” Ristretto added giggling as he sat down placing the two cups of coffee on opposite ends of the table.

Sunburst quickly finished off cooking the dishes and gracefully placed the two bowls of food onto the table using his magic. The two wasted no time in digging into their porridge and coffee making short work of it.

The two of them made short work of the dishes, over more conversation about cooking and the previous evening. After the dishes were done, Sunburst and Ristretto packed up the mattress and tidied the living area.

“Alright, I gotta go pick up Hazell now, he’ll probably be sick to the death of Moonbeam by now.” The two chuckled together as they made their way to the front yard and began to say their goodbyes.

"I had an amazing time Ristretto... you know a few weeks ago I would never have even thought of doing something like this... but, you've shown me that taking that chance was probably the best thing I could have done... so, thank you," Sunburst blushed and looked down, then after a moment he looked up, blush still clearly visible, "We should do this again sometime." Sunburst looked away and his face somehow became even more red.

“I’d love to, Hazel is usually off to somepony’s place every weekend or so, the social butterfly,” Ristretto replied. The two gave their goodbyes and went separate directions, Ristretto to pick up Hazel and Sunburst to home.


“Starlight! I’m home! I hope you have a death wish cause I’m about to grant it!” Sunburst called out to the meddling mare as he walked through the front door. Just as he took a step through the door he was immediately grasped by a magical blue aura that he was all too familiar with at this point.

“Unno Starlight… I really hate you” The orange stallion grumbled hanging upside down in his friend’s aura. Starlight came out from behind the couch, a casual smile rested on her face like she wasn’t dangling her best friend upside down.

“Now, before you go all psycho and tell me how you hate me for trapping you in Ristretto’s house, tell me, Sunburst, did you start out wanting to sleep over at Ristreto's, but then dismissed the idea?" She asked the struggling stallion face-to-upsidedown face. He continued struggling for a moment, then stopped and stared off into the distance.

"Yes..." he said meekly

"Sorry, what was that?"

"Yes. I wanted to stay over at his place."

Starlight smirked, "I thought so, and did you hate being in the same bed as a nice warm stallion snuggled up all cute through the cold, last night of winter?" Starlight continued to push.

And angry glare began to trace over the stallions features as his patience was quickly wearing he turned away from Starlight, wanting to do anything but play this game, "No," he replied flatly.

“And would have you slept in that really cute stallion’s bed on the first date, had it not been for me?”

...

“No.”

“Thanks Starlight” She teased flipping her friend the right way up and placing his hooves on the floor.

“Don’t push your luck," before offering her a hug that quickly turned into him giving her a noogie, “Now, we better go out and start winter wrap-up, besides, I hear that a really cute barista is making one bit coffees for volunteers,” Sunburst smirked.

“Man, you are really coming out of that shell of yours. I am liking it!” Starlight exclaimed as she shut the door behind her.


“Hey Ristretto! I was meaning to tell you something!” Vanilla Latte called out. Ristretto had dropped Hazel home and gone straight to work to help out with Winter Wrap-Up. Like every year he was behind the coffee machine making the coffee. Vanilla was helping out on the weather team while Chai was behind the counter of the shop. Vanilla had just received her coffee when galloped back to tell Ristretto her news.

“You’ll probably wanna make it quick Vanilla, it isn’t exactly slow today.” Ristretto replied shoving a coffee cup under the machine as the next one was being freshly poured.

“Uhh sure,” she stammered before continuing. “So as you know I am on the committee that gives kids in difficult situations scholarships to help study in prestigious schools.”

Ristretto gave her an eyebrow obviously curious as to where this was going as he started to texture the smooth milk.

“Well, you see, we just got an enormous grant to send two colts with a gift in writing to a prestigious writers school in Canterlot, and.. Well, if you give me some of Hazel’s best work, I can try to put in a good word for him.”

Ristretto’s heart beat a thousand times a minute and at the last part, he dropped the milk jug sending milk and steam all through the back end. Ristretto cursed and quickly cleaned up the mess before dashing around the counter and throwing Vanilla into a tight hug.

“Vanilla I can’t believe you, thank you so much!” He exclaimed tears rushing down his cheeks. Vanilla gave him a pat on the back.

“Hey it’s alright you lug, he hasn’t won it yet, but I’ll do my best to get his name in the good books.” She continued letting the small barista cry on her shoulder. “Now your orders are stacking up and ponies are waiting... and don't forget to bring me some of Hazel's work..”


Ristretto sniffled a little and quickly got behind the counter to finish the drinks. Going at extra pace to quickly get the waiting orders piling up out the way he called out to Vanilla just before she left. “Thanks Vanilla, consider it done.”


Half an hour later and Sunburst had walked through the doors, Ristretto was already getting Sunburst’s large takeaway dirty chai ready as he stepped up to counter, a bit

ready in his aura. “What a surprise seeing you here.” he commented jokingly to the barista behind the machine.

“Yes, fancy seeing a barista in a coffee shop.” Ristretto nicked cheekily not looking up but smiling at the exchange. He placed a lid on the coffee and placed it on the bench. “I just keep running into you don’t I.” He teased.

“Hey uhh, look. I really enjoyed my time last night, I wanna do it again, when do you think you’ll be free next?” Sunburst asked taking a sip from his coffee.

Ristretto put his hoof to his chin and thought for a second. “Well I don’t usually tend to let him sleep over at places during the school week, but I guess I could hire a babysitter on wednesday. Yeah, so wednesday I guess.” The barista concluded.

“Till then,” Sunburst raised his coffee cup.

“Seeya Sunburst.” Ristretto smiled