• Published 30th Nov 2016
  • 369 Views, 4 Comments

Harmony's Helix - MegaMasterKing



Multiple forces from another world come to Equestria some seek to protect, while others seek to conquest. Old enemies return with new power, but old friends also return. Who will win in this battle of worlds.

  • ...
 4
 369

Chapter 1: Blood Spills

In a room that mirrored the room from the temple the diamond shaped gems in the ceiling began to glow and flooded the room with a blinding light. After the light had faded standing in the center of the room was a nine foot tall, anthropomorphic, red scarab and behind it was a pile of mystical relics.

“PECUS WHERE ARE YOU!” screamed the creature in a booming voice.

“Ah, Blood Scarab I see you have returned with the items I requested?” asked King Pecus as he appeared from the doorway walking towards the pile of relics. “I must ask were there any complications with this delivery?”

“NO!” screamed Blood Scarab as he looked more enraged every second he remained here. “I wasn’t followed, and I shredded anyone who got in my way. Now hold up your end of our deal”.

“Of course my dear Blood Scarab, I would never go back on a deal especially when you held up your end so well” complimented King Pecus as he looked over what Blood Scarab had brought him. “This means you are free to go, but remember with my Magic I hold the keys that can both set you free from your former prison and lock you back into it, so if you ever double cross me” warned King Pecus as dark energies began to swarm and swirl around his left hand like black and purple flames.

“I’ll keep that in mind for our next encounter” grumbled Blood Scarab as he left the fortress to see what damage he could do in this world. After Blood Scarab left the chamber Queen Chrysalis walked in with a cautious look on her face.

“Are you sure that was a wise move?” asked Queen Chrysalis. “I mean an entity as powerful as Blood Scarab running around loose could cause us problems down the road”.

“Don’t be afraid of that overgrown insect my lady” replied King Pecus with a hint of arrogance in his voice as he looked at Queen Chrysalis. “As powerful as Blood Scarab is, along with his invulnerability he may be a threat on a purely physical plain, but his weakness lies in a certain type of magic that is directly connected to him, which I altered to fill my purposes”.

“Don’t you think this Blood Scarab is too noisy though?” pondered Queen Chrysalis raising a hoof to her chin. “Won’t he attract too much attention, and lead the Protectors of this world right to us, ruining our plans?”

“You underestimate Blood Scarab’s power my dear Chrysalis” claimed King Pecus with a hint of amusement in his voice. “You see the world I hail from has many entities that are considered Gods with different gods and goddesses being worshipped by different cultures. Now for a long time these gods and the entities that served them were at war with each other, that is until the day that Blood Scarab appeared from nowhere and overpowered all the gods and goddesses until it forced them to works together to fight him, but can you guess what happened?”

“They managed to overpower Blood Scarab through their new found friendship” gagged Queen Chrysalis at the thought.

“Ha, one might think that would be that case, but even with their combined powers they could not lay a scratch on Blood Scarab resulting in their second defeat at his hands” chuckled King Pecus as he saw the look of sheer shock and surprise that was on Queen Chrysalis’s face.

“You see in order to defeat Blood Scarab the gods and goddesses had to transform him into an item called the Bloodstone Scarab, but to due this they had to relinquish the majority of their powers; meaning no more re-creating the universe, no controlling time or any of the celestial bodies, and no more creating world destroying disasters”. Chrysalis started to think about what this meant, and when she began to see the part Blood Scarab’s new role as a free roaming entity will play for their plan she began to chuckle.

“I see so even if they do manage to somehow defeat him, they’ll lack the power needed to attack us, ingenious King Pecus” surmised Queen Chrysalis as both King Pecus and herself left the room as some other Insectoid creatures gathers up the relics and moved them deep into the fortress. After walking a small distance into the fortress they came to a large room with similar a size and appearance as a Ballroom, and as they walked in King Pecus smiled as his eyes began to glow a dark purple.

“You brought up a good point though Queen Chrysalis, even with Blood Scarab’s battle record in mind he has been defeated before, so it would be a wise idea to send some of my pets out to cripple our enemies should Blood Scarab be defeated, and if they can’t defeat him well this just adds to their troubles doesn’t it” stated King Pecus as he took an item that resembled an actual heart from its hiding place in his robes. After he took out the heart it levitated out of his hands, and started to give off a weak pulse of dark purple energy. King Pecus raised his hands towards the heart and blasted his dark magic into it, and after he blasted the heart it absorbed his magic and started giving off a massive dark aura. A dark blood like substance began to pour from the vein like structures on the heart like relic, and this substance began to pool and spark with purple electricity as it began to take the form of multiple monstrous creatures.

“Yes rise my glorious creations, and leave nothing but destruction in your wake” called out King Pecus as the creatures were still forming. As all of this was going on Queen Chrysalis just stood there out of pure terror from the aura of the magic’s being used right in front of her. The fortress was then filled with the blood curtailing roars of something unnatural.

A silver ring like portal opened up, with Rift to exiting it, but as soon as he exited the portal it closed and he was forced to transform back into TC. Due to the sudden reversion from his Rift form TC landed hard on the ground.

“Ouch that hurt, I really hate it when that happens” wined TC as he got up of the ground. “Well at least I know I’m not visiting a world I’ve been to before if my powers shut down, but that also brings up the question where am I?” TC looked around to find that his portal had brought him to a clearing in a forest. The clearing was rather large and featured plants one would expect to see in a temperate climate, along with large rocks. As TC was looking around he heard a low growl coming from behind him, and as he turned around a creature with a lion’s body, a scorpion’s tail, and dragon like wings jumped at him.

“Great a Manticore, just what I needed today” said TC as he swiftly dodged under the creature, before circling around it, and grabbing its shoulder squeezing down of its nerves, paralyzing the Manticore completely. As the Manticore dropped to the ground TC decided it might be best to go in the opposite direction from where the Manticore had come from. After what felt like ten minutes of walking TC stopped and attempted to use the transformation powers of his amulet, but to his disappointment he still couldn’t transform.

“Well I guess it hasn’t been enough time for my amulet to connect to the Morphic-sphere of this universe yet, and until it does I can’t use any of my transformations” said TC with a sigh as he thought about how easy it would be to get out of this forest if he could fly, while TC was lamenting about not having his powers his ears picked up the sound of running water causing him to seek out the source of the sound. When TC found the source of the sound what he saw was a massive river he was full of relief as he could now follow this river out of the forest.
After following the river for a while TC finally came to the exit of the forest. As TC looked at his surroundings he saw a small lake connected to the river he was following, and around this lake was what seemed to be a group of pastel coloured ponies playing and talking.

TC ducked behind a tree not wanting to reveal his presence unless he absolutely had to, and decided to observe the ponies at the lake from his current position. From his hiding place TC counted at least three different variations of these “ponies”, the first variation looked like regular equines with no obvious differences from the equines back home other than their colours. The second variation TC noticed looked like for lack of a better term unicorns and one was displaying telekinesis as it was levitating some lawn chairs over to the group. The last variation seemed to be similar to the Pegasus. Colour and the strange symbols on their flanks didn’t seem to have much if any correspondence to the species.

“Great by the way their acting I’m guessing I’m in this world these “Ponies” are the dominant species” whispered TC to himself as he scanned the rest of the surrounding area. Not too far away from the lake TC could see a town with what looked like a crystal, tree, castle like structure towering over all the other buildings. TC wondered what course of action he should take next, as he had no idea if these “Ponies” were hostile towards other species or if they would simply run away screaming creating mass hysteria, both of which would cause issues for TC.
TC also knew he couldn’t just sit around and do nothing as time was something he didn’t have a lot of. He also didn’t want to risk attempting to use his powers this close to the area where those “Ponies” were playing as the glow from his amulet might attract their attention. As TC was weighing his options he heard sudden, screams coming from the “Ponies”, and as he turned around he saw Blood Scarab standing above the ‘Ponies” at the lake before Blood Scarab jumped into the air heading towards the town.

“Well, I guess that answers what I’m going to do next” said TC as he looked at the “ponies” and seeing that they only got a scare he started to run towards the town and Blood Scarab.

While the group of leaders/ heroines/ representatives were arguing over the best way to handle these unknown forces, both Pinkie Pie and Discord started to shake violently causing everyone to stop and look at them. After a few seconds their shaking stopped.
“Pinkie Are you okay!” shouted Twilight as she ran over to he friend. While Twilight checked over Pinkie, Fluttershy went to see if Discord was okay.

“Oh my, Discord are you okay?” ask Fluttershy with concern in her voice. Discord and Pinkie just looked at them with sheer terror in their eyes.

“Everyone, be prepared for the fight of your lives” shouted both Discord and Pinkie in unison.

“It’s here” growled Discord just as the castle started to shake as if something was punching it. Everyone began to run to the front of the castle with Twilight ahead of everyone else. Just as they got to the front hallway the doors shattered revealing a nine foot tall, red beetle standing in front of them with what looked like a semi destroyed Ponyville behind it.

“Ha, this is pathetic I’ve destroyed six towns already, and haven’t found anyone worth my time to fight” mocked the creature as it looked at the group. Prince Rutherford was the first to speak to this creature.

“What did red, bug creature do to pony friends” asked Prince Rutherford with commanding tone and a hint of anger.

“I won’t say all the details, but they were incredibly tasty” replied the creature with glee as if it was savoring those memories. Everyone was taken back by this, but this only enraged Celestia. Seeing Celestia about to lose her cool Discord decided to step in, and end this before it escalated any further.

“Now why don’t you have a time out” said Discord to the creature as he snapped his fingers making a cage appear around the creature. The creature hissed at this action and used its first set of clawed arms to break the cage while it used the hands on its second set of arms to pick up some of the bars and stab them into Discord’s wings. After stabbing Discord the creature drove the metal bars further into Discord’s wings and into the crystal of the castle effectively pinning Discord down. As the creature raised its upper right arm which ended in a giant claw above Discord’s head, two beams of magic (one a blue-ish green one and the other was a cyan) slammed against the creature knocking it off of Discord. The creature got up off the ground, and looked around for whoever attacked it only for it to lock onto Starlight and Thorax as their horns still radiated with magic.

“You will pay for that with your lives” hissed the creature at them as it leapt into the air appearing to not have taken any damage from their combined attack, but just as the creature jumped into the air four jets of flame (one emerald green, one sapphire blue, and the last two regular orange) knocked it backwards.

“That is what you get when you mess with the allies of the Dragon Lord” yelled one of Ember’s guards as he was sure their combined dragon fire would have incinerated their foe. Spike looked over at Ember who was still in a battle stance, when Spike saw that she was still ready to fight he looked over to where the creature had landed expecting it to be nothing but ashes only to see it getting back up as if the attack was nothing.

“If you call that an attack then I am afraid you are not worth my time” hissed the creature as it used its lower, right arm to brush some of the soot off of its chest. Before the creature could do anything else it was hit hard and fast by one of the diplomats and flung into a building.

“You hurt Pony friends, Yaks no like it when people hurt friends” shouted Prince Rutherford. Suddenly the building the creature was thrown at began to up and off of the ground. See what was about to happen Twilight teleported everyone out of the way just as the building was thrown into the air and came crashing down right where they had just been standing. The creature was standing where the building used to be looking as if it had taken no damage from the attacks.

“Thou has proven to be a worthy opponent, might thy inquire as to what is thou name so thy subjects can sing about your defeat for generations?” asked Princess Luna to the creature while she was charging up her magic.

“Ha, most of the people I conquer only ever ask the what or the How or my personal favourite Why, but few ever asked the Who so I’ll indulge you my name is Blood Scarab” answered Blood Scarab with an unsettling glint in its eyes as it stared down the group. After Blood Scarab had given his answer he was struck by a blast of golden magic, almost as intense as the sun itself.

“I DO NOT CARE WHAT YOUR NAME IS” shouted Princess Celestia with pure rage in her voice. “You are nothing more than a monster that takes pleasure in harming others! Twilight prepare to activate the Elements of Harmony while I deal with this monstrosity”. Twilight nodded and gathered her friends into a circle and began to channel the energy of the Elements.

“Now that was an attack” shouted Blood Scarab his voice filled with excitement as he got up. “I haven’t felt an attack like that since I broke the neck of the sun god Apollo”. That statement sent a shiver down Celestia’s spine, but she had to keep his attention or else they wouldn’t stand a chance. Celestia charged up all her power into a massive blast of energy. Blood Scarab didn’t even bother dodging the attack, only charging through it towards Celestia.

“As fun as this has been sun queen, I’m afraid this must end this now” said Blood Scarab as he came out of Celestia’s attack right in front of her, raising the hand on his lower, right arm, and with a sickening snap Blood Scarab snapped Celestia’s horn right off of her head. As Celestia’s body went limp and fell to the ground Blood Scarab saw Twilight and company starting to levitate into the air with a strange light circling around them. Blood Scarab felt a jab a danger coming from the light, reminding him of the spell used to imprison him the first time. Blood Scarab knew he had to do something quickly before it was too late, and an idea popped into his head has he felt Celestia’s horn in his hand.

“I will NOT be imprisoned again” screamed Blood Scarab as he through the piece of Celestia’s horn he was holding at one of the mane six. The horn flew through the air striking Fluttershy in the chest, breaking the connection between the Elements. Seeing this Discord freed himself and charged at Blood Scarab only for Blood Scarab to smash the claw on his upper, left arm into Discord’s face sending Discord aside, and rendering him unconscious. Blood Scarab began to advance towards the group, shocked by the display of power and savagery they just saw. Suddenly there was a flash of blue light, and several light blue quills came whistling through the air breaking against Blood Scarab’s back spreading some neon blue liquid on his back.

“Stay away from them Blood Scarab” shouted an animalistic voice. Blood Scarab turned around to see a two foot tall blue, weasel, porcupine like creature with armoured plating on its forelimbs, and a large sapphire gemstone with and hour glass pattern coloured into it, staring him down.

Author's Note:

Wow, that escalated quickly, but as always I'll include the links to the ref sheets of new characters, and items, and TC's new transformations as they appear in the story.

Blood Stone Scarab : http://megamasterking.deviantart.com/art/Blood-Stone-Scarab-653535708
Chimera's Heart: http://megamasterking.deviantart.com/art/Chimera-s-heart-653545087
Omega-Helix aka TC's amulet: http://megamasterking.deviantart.com/art/Omega-Helix-Amulet-finished-622011775
TC's new transformation Quill: http://megamasterking.deviantart.com/art/Quill-Ref-sheet-639444614