• Published 30th Nov 2016
  • 369 Views, 4 Comments

Harmony's Helix - MegaMasterKing



Multiple forces from another world come to Equestria some seek to protect, while others seek to conquest. Old enemies return with new power, but old friends also return. Who will win in this battle of worlds.

  • ...
 4
 369

Prologue

Two figures stand side by side on a balcony overlooking a strange land filled with magic and nature. The first figure was a male humanoid standing five feet five inches tall wearing brown, medieval robes with a red clothe belt tied around his waste holding an emerald amulet on it. The second figure was about the same height, but quadruped in form resembling some kind Insectiod, winged unicorn.

“Isn’t it just perfect” said the humanoid figure in a satisfied tone. “I mean with an active portal allowing me to travel freely between this world and my own I can work on my most powerful projects without my enemies interfering with my work.”

“Of course you need to get rid of the princesses and her Elements of Harmony first before you set up shop here” said the Insectiod creature in a feminine tone reminding the other figure about the threats of this world.

“But of course, I would never forget a deal I made or not hold up my end of the bargain, especially not one I made to a lady, Madam Chrysalis” said the Humanoid figure in a flirtatious voice. “Rest assured once I have gathered enough weaponry from my world and transport it here those who overthrew you will pay dearly for their transgressions.”

“Oh, King Pecus you always know what to say to lift a lady’s spirits” giggled Chrysalis in response.

“I’m sorry to interrupt my King, but Blood Scarab has returned with the artifacts you requested he bring to you from our world” claimed another humanoid figure as he materialized from thin air. This figure was bout five feet tall, wearing a gray monk like uniform, and carrying I massive scythe on his back. “Blood Scarab wants to know if you have another list of items you need him to gather for you or if he is free to do as he pleases now.” King Pecus reached into his sleeve and pulled out a small scroll of paper and handed it to the new figure.

“Here my loyal servant Gale take this to Blood Scarab and tell him that after he collects these items for me he free to go out and reek havoc on these lands” answered King Pecus to his servant “Oh and before I forget, tell Blood Scarab that should he be followed, to consider the operation compromised, and is to set off a Magic Destruction Relic as he is entering the portal to destroy that particular “gateway”.

“Yes my King” responded Gale as he took the scroll and bowed down to his king before de-materializing into a mist and disappearing from sight.

“Soon Chrysalis you will have your revenge, and I’ll have a base of operations from which to launch my attacks on my home world. Isn’t it glorious?” asked King Pecus to Chrysalis.

“I couldn’t agree more” said Chrysalis as both her and King Pecus began to laugh at the thoughts of what they’ll do when they’re in powers.

*****************************************************************************************************************************

Back on Earth very few people were any wiser to what King Pecus was up to. One of these few was TC Muto a human about six feet in height, with semi-spiky, brown hair and moonstone coloured eyes. TC was getting dressed as for the day in his usual attire of a light blue T-shirt, a pair of gray track pants, black socks, a pair of gray, steel toe running shoes, but as he was getting ready he stopped and looked at the sapphire amulet he was wearing before going back to his business.

After TC was done getting dressed he walked down the hallway, but stopped when he came to the two doors before the stairs. TC opened the first door to check if his cousin Luna was still sleeping and sure enough he saw the dark blue haired girl fast asleep, and so he checked the second door to make sure his Aunt was sleeping as well so when he could see he blonde hair and hear her snoring he quietly closed both doors before making his way down stairs. When TC got downstairs he quickly wrote a note for his Aunt and cousin letting them know he got called into work and will be for a little while, but that he will be back as soon as he can and that he loves them. After writing the note TC made himself a quick sandwich for his breakfast before hopping out the front door.

“Well good morning young man, what brings you out so early?” asked an elderly, feminine voice. TC stopped dead in his tracks and turned to look who was addressing him, but when he saw who it was he relaxed a bit. The person TC saw was an elderly woman about four feet tall, wearing a dark purple cloak and holding an old fashioned, wooden walking stick covered in symbols.

“Good morning Miss Boba, I got called into work for a mission” replied TC in a cheery tone.

“This early in the morning, the Sun hasn’t even come up yet” said Miss Boba in a disapproving tone. “Don’t they know that young sprouts like you need rest”.

“Well when duty calls, I have to answer” stated TC as he went to leave Miss Boba stopped him again.

“Tell me what you had to eat for breakfast this morning?” ask Miss Boba in a concerned voice.

“I made myself a sandwich for breakfast, why” responded TC

“That is no good no good at all, here have this a gift for the road” said Miss Boba as she made a gesture with her right hand, resulting in a puff of light purple smoke appeared in TC’s hands creating a paper lunch bag. “Now get a move on you got worlds to save”.

“Thank you Miss Boba, but what did you mean when you said-” TC was cut off as Miss Boba teleported him to the Bus Station.

After TC got on the bus he open the bag only to find it was full of he favourite foods; one bowl of poutine (with real cheese curds), one bowl of wiped potatoes, a cheese burger, three bags of cheese curds, a bottle of ice tea, some grapes, and a note that said Do your best and come back safe- Miss Boba. TC was touched by the note and ate the food, and after he finished eating the bowls, utensils, and the bag itself disappeared in a puff of purple smoke. Once TC arrived at an abandoned airport he said thank you to the bus driver and walked into one of the buildings.

The inside of the building however was full of wires and large computer screens with a control center sitting in the middle of the room. Sitting at the control center was the figure of a male human focussing on something on the screen in front of him.

“Hey, Techster care to enlighten me as to why you called me here at this hour?” said TC with an elevated tone in his voice.

“Oh, um TC I didn’t see you come in” stammered Techster as he turned around revealing that his right arm and eye have been replaced with mechanical parts while his entire lower half has been replaced with the very chair he was sitting in. “I called you here to investigate some sittings of Blood Scarab and to investigate some strange energy surges located in Captum, S.N.A.S.T has reason to believe that the two are connected as all the reports suggest that Blood Scarab is gathering mystical artefacts of great power”.

“Give me a location” said TC as a blue light emitted from his amulet transforming TC into a strange looking creature. TC’s current form resembles the upper body of a black humanoid with the lower half being a torn looking tail; the forearms were covered with silver rings stopping before hands that featured two claws like fingers and one claw like thumb on each hand, the head resembled an Egyptian, golden head piece with the face being white with two blue, oval eyes and streaks of red going down from the eyes, a purple gemstone resting on its forehead, and the sapphire from his amulet sticking out of his chest.

“Using Rift to simply teleport there are we” asked Techster as he pulled up the coordinates. “There you go and please be careful-” but Techster was cut off by Rift teleporting away with a dull purple glow. When Rift reappeared it was outside an old looking temple made out of granite and looked like the forest around it was slowly consuming it. Rift looked scanned the grown and sure enough there were large Insectiod foot prints going into the temple. As Rift navigated the temple he was thankful his past job as a treasure hunter had given him the skills needed to spot and avoid any traps.

Eventually Rift came to the temple’s heart, and standing in the center was a nine foot tall, red, anthropomorphic scarab beetle entering some sort of code into an ancient control panel, and it had a pile of artifacts sitting behind the creature. As Rift watched the creature finish entering in the code the four diamonds shaped crystals in the roof of the round room lit up creating a portal sucking in both the creature and the artifacts, and has the portal closed the code entered on the control panel randomized preventing Rift from using the control panel to follow the creature.

“Great, just great I was hoping that Blood Scarab wasn’t involved with this” complained Rift as he examined the control panel. “What is even better is that I can’t use this portal to follow him as I don’t know the code, but oh well I’ll just need to do it the old fashioned way then” said Rift as be began to read the energies left behind from the portal, and when he locked onto these energies Rift opened a portal that resembled a silver ring with a purple vortex in the center then he went into it and closed it behind himself.

****************************************************************************************************************************

Mean while in a small town called Ponyville a four foot six inches tall, lavender Alicorn, a four foot tall baby dragon, and a four foot five inches tall pink unicorn with a purple mane were getting everything in the crystal castle ready for a very important meeting.

“Twilight, did Princess Celestia tell you why she was calling a meeting for all of the Equestrian leaders and our allies?” asked the pink unicorn to the alicorn.

“I’m sorry Starlight all Celestia said was that we must hold an emergency conference with our allies” responded Twilight in a concerned voice facing the pink unicorn. Suddenly there was a knocking at the door causing the baby dragon to go an answer it. When the baby dragon opened the door, standing there were a group of ponies; a blue Pegasus with a rainbow mane, a light yellow Pegasus with a pink mane, a white unicorn with a dark purple mane, a pink pony with a cotton candy like mane, and finally an orange pony with a yellow mane.

“Hey, everyone glad you could make it for the meeting” greeted the baby dragon as he let the group enter the castle.

“Of course we would come Spike” responded the white unicorn in a polite manner. “If the princesses are calling a meeting of this magnitude then something big must be going on”.

“Oh, oh maybe the princesses want to hold a celebration for everyone we have become friends with” guessed the pink pony in a hyperactive voice.

“I don’t think so Pinkie” said the blue Pegasus to the pink pony. “Right Applejack” said the Pegasus looking at the orange pony.

“I’m sorry Pinkie, but I must agree with Rainbow Dash and Rarity on this matter” said Applejack as she directed a hoof to the blue Pegasus and then directed her hoof again to the white unicorn.

“I hope whatever the reason it isn’t too serious” whispered the yellow Pegasus nervously as she looked around the large room they now found themselves in. the room was very large, perfectly circular, and oddly deep in the bowels of the castle. Sitting in the middle of the room was a large round table with chairs surrounding it, and at the table was Twilight and Starlight finishing the guest placements.

“Don’t worry Fluttershy” said Spike to the yellow Pegasus. “I’m sure what ever it is we’ll be able to handle it”. Twilight and Starlight greeted everyone and got everyone in position. Just as they got into their seats an eight foot tall, white alicorn and a multi-coloured mane walked in followed by a five foot five inch tall, dark blue alicorn with a mane that looked like the essence of outer space itself.

“Greetings Princess Celestia and Princess Luna” said Twilight to the two alicorns as she and the rest of the group bowed to them.

“Rise Twilight Sparkle, we have much work to do when the rest of the dignitaries arrive” commanded Princess Luna as Princess Celestia stayed silent with a grim look covering her face. Slowly the other dignitaries arrived. The first were a five foot tall pink alicorn and a five foot tall white, male unicorn announced as Princess Cadence and Prince Shining Armour from the Crystal Empire. Then a five foot tall female dragon with blue scales entered the room holding a crystal sceptre with blood stone at the top, followed by two five foot four inch tall dragons wearing golden armour. The blue female dragon was announced as Dragon Lord Ember, and as she found her seat she saw Spike waving at her and she waved back before regaining her professional stature.

After Dragon Lord Ember arrived, was Prince Rutherford ruler of the Yaks from Yakyakistan, and after Prince Rutherford arrived, Gilda ambassador to the Griffon Empire of Griffonstone arrived, followed by Little Strong Heart ambassador to the Buffalo. Just as everything was about to start the last dignitaries arrived the first being a creature resembling a pony; about six feet tall, had beetle like wing greenish-yellow skin, solid purple eyes and pincer like antlers. This creature was announced as Thorax the newly named king of the Changelings, while the other creature that followed Thorax into the room had an elongated body featuring the limbs of various animals, and was announced as Discord the Spirit of Chaos.

Now that everyone has arrived it was time to get to work. Everyone was looking around wondering why they were all called to this meeting, and it was being held so deep inside this castle.

“Um… excuse me but could I ask why we were called here” questioned Thorax nervously as he looked towards Princess Celestia. Celestia simply rose from her seat and cleared her throat when she heard this question.

“Thanks to Discord and several visions I’ve had, I have determined that several opposing forces coming from another world are about to make our world their battle ground” stated Celestia with a grim tone underlined with pure terror. “From the multiple visions I have had I believe that one of the forces has come here to aid us, but I do not know the identity of this Protector and should we fail to unite and aid them in this fight we will all perish”.

Author's Note:

So in my author's notes I will post links to ref sheets of my OCs that play a large role in the story to give any readers a better idea of what my OCs look like and to give people a better feel for the characters, but I will not use this as an excuse for being lazy when describing my characters. PS just read the descriptions of their ref sheets as they hold the same info as the ref sheet itself.
King Pecus: http://megamasterking.deviantart.com/art/Chimera-King-Pecus-ref-sheet-643460883
TC Muto: http://megamasterking.deviantart.com/art/TC-Muto-bio-ref-sheet-620885789
Rift: http://megamasterking.deviantart.com/art/Rift-633776454
Blood Scarab: http://megamasterking.deviantart.com/art/Blood-Scarab-Ref-Sheet-646960676