• Published 21st Nov 2016
  • 534 Views, 11 Comments

EquestriaBound Girls: Short Stories Volume Two - Lucky Ness



Another set of short stories that take place in the same universe as my previous stories.

  • ...
 11
 534

Pit of 100 Trials

Author's Note:

Description: Mario has been arrested once again for something that Rainbow has done while on a vacation, this time in Rogueport. Now he has to survive the Pit of 100 Trials. Will Mario make it out the trials unscathed?

A/N: Rainbow what have you done this time? I I think Mario might not let you anywhere near him after this. Also, I cheated and used Super Mario Wiki for info about Paper Mario 2's Pit of 100 Trials, seeing as the furthest I had made it in there at that point in time was floor 90 out of 100. I only recently managed to beat it (the main problem for me wasn't the health concerns, it was the fact that the Pit is so time consuming).

Mario enters the door to the courtroom and sighs as he sees the girls there. He knows that one of them is responsible for him being here, but he doesn't know what it is. He looks at Rainbow as he remembers what happened in the past. First, Rainbow gambled when they stayed at Hotel Delfino. Then she participated at the Battle Ring and placed a bet on herself after she had convinced him allowed her to fight, once again gambling under age. Now Maro can only assume the worst, seeing as he had been brought to Rogueport after he was ruthlessly arrested at his home near Toad Town. Mario remembers that Rogueport is notorious for being a town of criminals, and just hopes that no one died.

"So, what-a happened this time?" Mario asks as he walks up to the girls.

"You remember how we were going to go to Poshley Hights?" Applejack asks Mario. Mario nods his confirmation before she continued. "Well, when we got to the train, we found out that Rainbow wasn't with us." Applejack says as Rainbow starts to slump in her seat. Mario stops Applejack before she could continue.

"Let-a me guess, you found her in the Pianta Parlor." Mario says certain he knew that she went to the local casino.

"No, we found her at Westside Goods." Twilight says as Mario cringes.

"Please-a tell me she didn't buy a Dried Shroom and a Dizzy Dial." Mario asks as the girls look at each other before Rainbow nods her confirmation.

"Oh, this is not-a good," Mario says as he puts his face in his hands.

"I'm sorry, Mario! I didn't know it was the password to meet a mob boss!" Rainbow says, knowing she's really screwed up this time.

"It's-a okay, Rainbow. I'm sure the judge will be lenient." Mario says as the judge enters the room and starts the court session.

----

A hour later the girls leave the court house with Rainbow looking down in shame.

"Well, I hope your happy, Rainbow!" Pinkie says glaring. "Now Mario has to enter the Pit of 100 Trials! That's practically a death trap!" Pinkie says as Rainbow starts to cry in shame.

"I'M SORRY! I never meant for this to happen! All I was doing was buying some souvenirs!" Rainbow says as she runs after Mario, who was being led to the sewers.

"Does anyone else get the feeling that Rainbow is going to follow Mario into the pit?" Sunset asks as the rest of the girls look at each other and nod before they run after Rainbow.

----

"My that was-a difficult!" Mario says as he emerges from a pipe and arrives in the hundredth floor before he hears a demonic roar come from the shadows. Mario turns and sees a creature that looks like a dragon emerge from the darkness. Upon closer inspection, though, Mario could tell that the dragon was nothing but a skeleton.

"Heh, you're-a kidding me, right? I could destroy this in-a my sleep." Mario says to himself before the dragon growls again and attempts to bite Mario. Mario jumps back, then leaps and stomps on Bonetail's head. This enrages the dragon before it breathes a blue colored mist from its mouth, which freezes Mario. Its then that another set of feet land on the ground as Rainbow arrives, who notices a frozen Mario about to be eaten by Bonetail.

"Hey!" She yells before she uses her super speed to snatch Mario away from Bonetail and quickly run around him to produce a thermal tornado around Mario, thawing the ice he had been encased in before Bonetail attempts to stomp on them. He was stopped though by Mario, who had been thoroughly thawed, using a Super Jump Punch on Bonetail's underside, which launches him into the sky as a stream of coins emerge from him. He lands on the ground a few moments later on his back before he coughs up a chest and stops moving. Mario walks over to the chest and opens it to see a purple badge shaped like a square with an arrow on it that approaches the left side of the badge before it bounces back to the right. Mario pulls it out and turns to Rainbow before he places the badge in her hand.

"I-a want you to have it." Mario says before he turns and sees a pipe that will take them back to the surface. "Now let's-a get out of here." Mario says as the two of them walk to the pipe.