• Published 15th Nov 2016
  • 394 Views, 8 Comments

Project Stardust - Starry Wisp



Stardust isn't a normal pony, she's an alicorn. But not just any alicorn filly, she was born from earth ponies. And a long line of them too. But something isn't right. Her wings aren't growing properly.

  • ...
 8
 394

Chapter 3-Appointments-Age 4 and 2 mo.

Stardust and her family hopped on a train to Canterlot to see the alicorn doctor. Once they arrived, they got off, and trotted (and skipped) towards the office.


“Wow, Mommy, Canterlot is beautiful!” Stardust said as she took in the sights of the beautiful city of Canterlot.


“Isn’t it? I wish we could stay longer, but we’re going just for this doctor, and maybe lunch.”
The ponies made their way to the doctor’s office, but it wasn’t a Ponyatrician because there haven’t been any young alicorns in Equestria until now. The waiting room was colorless, with nothing but chairs, a window, 2 doors, and a reception window. This colorless environment was very unsettling for Stardust, not at all like the colorful, playful waiting room for Doctor Breeze. She started hugging Moonflower, and she assured her filly once again, that this was just a checkup for her wings, and Stardust calmed down.


A gray unicorn with a pastel green straight mane, and an emotionless face walked out, and said, “Stardust Sky?” She seemed cranky, but Stardust was hoping she wasn’t the doctor.


They walked into the cold doctor’s office, which smelled like cleaning products and rubbing alcohol. This, of course, didn’t help Stardust’s nerves. Luckily, since there were no other patients, and the office only opens if an alicorn needs them, the doctor entered right as the cranky nurse left. The doctor was a darker purple-maroon colored unicorn, with a dark blue mane and tail, streaked with a pale green. Her mane was semi-straight, and a bit of it drooped over her ear. Her cutie mark was a white unicorn horn with wings on it, and a blue stethoscope behind it. Her bright, emerald green eyes, and happy grin made Stardust feel calmer.


“Hello, young alicorn! When I found out that there was a new alicorn filly in Equestria yesterday, I was thrilled! I probably would’ve found out about you sooner though, hmm…. Are you from around here?


“We’re from Glimmerville, a small town accessible to Canterlot and Ponyville by train, although the train ride to Canterlot is definitely a longer one.” Moonflower said to the doctor.


“Ah, I see. I’m Doctor Berry Mint, but you can call me Doctor Berry, Doctor Mint, or Berry. Anything works! So, it says here that you are having some issues with your wings?”


“Yeah! They’re too small, Doctor Bewwy! Do you know how to fix them?” Stardust was no longer nervous, since Doctor Berry was very pleasant. Stardust spread her tiny wings once again for Doctor Berry.


Doctor Berry examined her wings. “Hmm, I see…. Yes. They are small for an alicorn filly your age. Were they smaller when she was born?” Doctor Berry turned to Moonflower and Proud Sky.


“A little, but not much,” Proud Sky admitted.


“Okay. From what I have gathered about your family history, and from what I know about alicorns, it could go either way, honestly. With such a long history of earth ponies, and not even one alicorn or pegasus, it could be a mutation from so many earth ponies. Although, that wouldn’t explain how these wings and horn showed up in the first place…. My other theory is that it was a birth defect that waited one or two years to develop. That’s how your wings grew a little, but never got a chance to be any bigger. I saw that your other doctor already told you about the aging of alicorns. I will continue my research on more possibilities of her case, and if I find anything, I will report back to you. I hope this information helps,” Doctor Berry explained.


“Yes, it does, thanks,”Moonflower said as they exited the office.


“Mommy? Are there any wowwipops here? Because I was hopin’ for more wowwipops!” Stardust stated, hopeful.


“Let me ask.” Moonflower walked up to the reception desk. “Excuse me, but my daughter would like to know if you have any lollipops.”


“Sure, what color would you like, little filly?”


“I wanna blue one or a red one!” Stardust said as she joyfully hopped.
The pony gave Stardust a red lollipop using her magic, and Stardust used hers to pick it up. So once again, Stardust skipped off with her lollipop, and her parents trailed behind her. It was astounding that she already knew how to do a levitation spell at such a young age. It was probably due to the higher concentration of magic because she is an alicorn. Moonflower had paid attention to this ever since she was four, and was secretly filling out applications for a magic school in Glimmerville, called The Mini-Mare’s School for Magic and Spells. Stardust had not even considered school yet, but she figured that with everything else in her mind, it was new, exciting, and fun. Little did she know, that one day she would grow to be more quiet and calm. But for now, she’s just focusing on the present, and to her, she only sees fun.