• Published 15th Nov 2016
  • 394 Views, 8 Comments

Project Stardust - Starry Wisp



Stardust isn't a normal pony, she's an alicorn. But not just any alicorn filly, she was born from earth ponies. And a long line of them too. But something isn't right. Her wings aren't growing properly.

  • ...
 8
 394

Chapter 11- Settling In- Age 8 and 4 mo.

Stardust was in her room, frantically packing almost everything she owned into bags and suitcases, when Moonflower trotted in with an envelope in her mouth. She dropped it into her hoof so she could speak. “Stardust? I know you’re busy, but Princess Celestia sent you a letter, it’s probably information about your residence or whatever,” Moonflower said. Stardust floated the letter over to her, and opened the purple wax seal with Celestia’s cutie mark. She pulled out the letter, and read it aloud.


“My Dearest Stardust,


Enclosed is your room key, which opens the door when you use your magic to hold it up to the door, and use the spell, which is also enclosed. I will send one of my staff to meet you at the train station and escort you to your dorm. Once you are settled in, please teleport to my office in the school. I have a spell that I think will bring to you much pleasure. I can’t wait to see you again!


Yours Truly,

Headmistress Princess Celestia”


“Wow, this is amazing! I can’t wait to see what spell she has for me! I am going to miss you guys, though. But I can always MuzzleTime you on my piePad.” Stardust pulls out a smaller, but rather thick envelope, which says, “Celestial House, Room 248- Alicorn Suite”. She opens the envelope, and pulls out a plastic room key, with Celestia’s cutie mark, with a yellow thinner plastic between the thick silver casing with the cutie mark light. Stardust also pulled out a small note from inside of the small, bubble wrap lined envelope. It read, “This key only opens your door, and your locker, with only your magic, and had to be hoof-packed, so that only your magic would touch it. In order to activate it, use the spell on the back of this card to imprint you inside this key. Once activated, only I can deactivate it, and it can sense when somepony else is holding it, and the key saves it, so if this ever gets stolen, we can figure out who stole it.”


“That’s cool,” Stardust commented. She flipped over the letter, and performed the spell. The cutie mark glowed rainbow colors, then a pale pink like Stardust’s aura. After a few moments, the key turned off.


“I guess it’s set now,” Stardust said, having the event feel anticlimactic. She repacked both envelopes, and placed it in a small pocket in her main carry-on. She continued on with her packing, and Moonflower left the room. An hour and a half later, Stardust walked out, holding all of her bags with her magic. She put them by the door, then walked over to the couch, and flopped onto it from being completely worn out. She grabbed the TV remote, and put on My Little Bunny: Cuddles are Magic- her favorite show, even though it was made for little fillies. She put on the episode where Ditzy Doodles the yellow winged bunny, with gray hair, and a gray puffy tail destroyed the Rainbow House, which was in the center of Bunnytown. Ditzy Doodles also had one ear up, and one ear down, and wonky eyes. Stardust thought she had seen a pony like her once when she visited Ponyville, but she couldn’t quite put her hoof on who it was. Moonflower trotted over to the couch right when the silly bunny said, “I really don’t know what happened” and sat next to Stardust, for some snuggles before she had to leave the next day. They cuddled on the couch and watched My Little Bunny until Proud came home from work. Last year, the three had visited BunnyCon in Baltimare, and Stardust loved every second of it. She even packed some My Little Bunny toys in her bag, along with a few posters for her room, since her room was individual, and she wasn’t going to have a roommate. When Proud walked in, he put down his stuff, got out of his work clothes, and joined Stardust on the couch as Moonflower got up to prepare a special dinner, which would end with a visit to Stardust’s favorite ice cream parlor, via teleportation.


“Hi, Dad,” Stardust said, without even looking away from the TV.

“Hey, Stardust. We got you a little going away present.” Proud Sky said, as he gestured for his wife to come over. Stardust paused the TV, and turned to him. He picked up a medium-sized wrapped box, and placed it in front of Stardust. It had pink, shiny wrapping paper, and was wrapped in a neat purple bow. Stardust undid the bow, and lifted the lid of the box. She unfolded purple velvet, which was covering some pink tissue paper, along with some silver and gold star confetti. She took out the tissue paper, and gasped at what was inside. A golden tiara lay on a pillow made from the same velvet as before. It appeared to be gold plated, and was very shiny. The tiara had a rose gold starflower* at the top, with a pink gem at the center. Vines grew from the bloom, with rose gold, and silver stars and flowers scattered about, along with more light pink, purple, and blue gems. Stardust levitated it, and examined it in awe.


“Wow….It’s-stunning….Is this real gold? What type of crystals are these? It’s all so shiny! I- uh-It’s- Thank you so much!” Stardust was at a loss for words.


“It’s gold plated, custom-made, and the crystals are amethyst, aquamarine, and pink diamond. Designed by us, based on your cutie spread, funded by Princess Celestia, and crafted by the same unicorn who makes the tiaras for all the princesses in Equestria. You are most certainly welcome. We just figured that since Celestia calls you a princess, that any princess needs a tiara. Especially if you are going to be addressed as such. I’m so glad you like it!” Moonflower said joyfully. Stardust levitated the tiara onto her head, and it looked stunning. The two parents started to tear up. Stardust walked into her bathroom, and looked in the mirror. She did look like a princess now, regal, and beautiful. She placed it into the padded purple velvet pouch that was in the box, and neatly packed it in her suitcase, so it was surrounded by clothing, stuffed animals, and would have Bluey on top of it, which she would put in the following morning, so she could sleep with him that night. After dinner, she teleported her family over to the ice cream parlor with ease, unlike her first time, where she got dizzy, and tired. They got their usual favorite flavors, and ate their ice cream, talking, and laughing, until Stardust teleported them home when they were done. Soon after, they got ready for bed, and went into bed. Stardust had to get to her train at eight A.M. in order to get to Canterlot by noon, meaning that she had to wake up at around six, if she wanted to spend time with her family. Proud was taking off, so that he could take his daughter to the train station, and comfort his wife.


Author's Note:

*This is a starflower.