• Published 15th Nov 2016
  • 393 Views, 8 Comments

Project Stardust - Starry Wisp



Stardust isn't a normal pony, she's an alicorn. But not just any alicorn filly, she was born from earth ponies. And a long line of them too. But something isn't right. Her wings aren't growing properly.

  • ...
 8
 393

Chapter 7- Every School Has Their Mean Girls- Age 6 and 5 mo.

Stardust took her seat, after putting her saddlebag away, and having a mini locker dance party with Sunshine, Bubblegum, and Night. The strange sounding bell rang once more, and Ms. Stars trotted to the front of the room.


“Happy second day of school, everypony!” Ms. Stars cheered. The students replied with a joyful “yay” or “woo”, except for Bolt, who gave a more quiet, sarcastic cheer. Ms. Stars noticed, but ignored him. She still kept her eye on him, eying him every now and then, making sure he was behaving properly. Before class, Stardust had told Ms. Stars about her teleportation.


“Stardust, can you please show everypony what you learned yesterday?” Stardust happily trotted up to the front of the room, as Ms. Stars stepped back. Stardust assumed her position, and her horn started to glow, just as before. Less sparks emerged now, as she was starting to get used to her teleportation. Then poof- she disappeared. Murmurs of “Whoa, that was cool!” and “Where’d she go?” and “I wanna do that!” filled the room. Then, Stardust reentered through the front door, once everypony was done being in awe, so they could notice her reappearance. The students, and Ms. Stars cheered at Stardust’s new trick, although Bolt was grumped at the fact that “the alicorn was showing off” in his mind.


“Later this year, I’m going to teach the rest of you how to do that! Actually, I can teach it to you tomorrow, if you’d like! Thanks for showing us, Stardust!” The class cheered at the thought of being able to do that only the next day!



Stardust walked out to recess with Night, Bubblegum, and Sunshine, where there was already other students in the grade playing outside.


“What adventure do you wanna go on today?” Sunshine asked.


“I dunno, I wanna see what other ponies we can meet, outside our class!” Stardust suggested.


“Sure, that sounds fun!” Sunshine replied, Bubblegum was still shy, and Night was unsure. Stardust could tell that not everypony was on board.


“Come on, guys! How bad could it be? Who knows? Our future Bestest Friend Forever and Ever could be in this very playground! Imagine how awesome this could be!” Stardust encouraged.


“Okay, for you, Stardust. I do need to get over my shyness anyway.” Bubblegum agreed.


“Yeah, if Bubble’s doin’ it, I will do. For Stardust?” Night asked.


“For Stardust!” Bubblegum confirmed. The four friends trotted up to the bridge, where there were three unicorn fillies. The one in the middle was a hot magenta pink unicorn, with a sky blue wavy mane, with a purple streak in it. Her tail was the same, having a matching purple streak. She wore a purple tutu, and had sparkling crystal earrings. Her cutie mark of a purple crystal heart, with blue lightning surrounding it, was hidden under her tutu. The pony to her left, was a lavender purple unicorn with royal blue curly hair. She wore a sky blue flowing skirt, which covered her cutie mark of a rainbow, composed of sparkles, which correlated with the colors. The final pony, to the right of the pink unicorn, was a sky blue unicorn, with pastel pink flowy hair. She was wearing a pink sparkly tutu, which trailed sparkles when she walked. Her cutie mark of a pastel pink flower, with a purple gemstone in the center, was also hidden behind her tutu. Stardust, Sunshine, Bubblegum, and Night stopped in front of them. Noticing her newfound company, the unicorn in the center turned around.


“Hi, I’m Stardust.” Stardust said, as she waved her hoof.


“Oh, right, the alicorn. Hey girls! Look, it’s the alicorn!” She had a ‘mean girl’ kind of a voice. The other two beautiful unicorn fillies joined their friend. “I’m Crystal Gem.” The lavender unicorn with blue hair stepped forward.


“I’m Lavender Seas. It’s an honor to meet royalty.”


“I’m not a princess. Just an alicorn.” Stardust corrected. The sky blue filly with pink hair stepped forward.


“And I’m Pastel Bloom.”


“What’s your name again? Stardust? Ha! That sounds like they took the prettiest star, and crushed it into dust!” Crystal Gem gave out a maniacal kind of laugh. The other two followed.


“Hey, that’s not a nice thing to say to my friend! I like her name!” Sunshine defended.


“What’s your name?” Crystal asked.


“Sunshine.”


“Well, Sunshine, don’t shine too bright or you might blind us with your brightness!” Crystal teased. Lavender and Pastel laughed; almost forcefully.


“That was m-mean t-too!” Bubblegum forced.


“And how about you? What’s your name?”


“B-Bubblegum…” She started to tear up. Stardust had stepped back. Pastel stepped up.


“Eww, I hate bubblegum. It’s so sticky and gross!” Pastel said in Bubblegum’s face. Bubblegum had started to cry.


“Stop being mean to my friends!” Stardust responded. Crystal stepped up to Stardust.


“If you’re an alicorn, where are your wings? I mean, your name should be Grounddust, since you can’t even fly to a CLOUD!” The three manically laughed. Stardust was starting to tear up now, along with Sunshine, who was hugging her, and Bubblegum, who was sobbing and quivering in a ball, in the corner of the platform behind them. Night, who had been comforting Bubblegum, finally stepped up to defend his friends.


“I’ve had enough of this, you three! Stop being mean to them, and just go hang out on your own. I personally think you’ve made the wrong choice, picking on an alicorn, because one day, she will have powerful magic none of you could dream of, and she will be a princess, so she can get you kicked out of Equestria, or put in some serious trouble if you three don’t watch out! Do not underestimate her ever again!” Night didn’t even realize how defensive he had gotten of the girls, and especially Stardust. By now, she had walked himself and Crystal all the way to the top of the slide tower., with the rest of the ponies still behind. Some ponies had gathered to watch this go about at the bottom.


“Hmmph. Come on, girls. Stop wasting your time with these lame blank-flanks.” Crystal said as she went down the swirly slide. Her entourage of the two unicorns followed.


“Hey! Me and Bubblegum aren’t blank flanks!” Sunshine shouted back to them. Night ran back to where the girls were huddled together, crying.


“You three okay? They were bad, weren’t they. Now we know. Stay away from those high-class, meanies.” He helped them all up, and they wiped their tears.


“Yeah, we’re fine. We can’t let what some mean girls said bring us down. Even if what they said about me not being able to even reach a cloud is true….” Stardust said, as she started to tear up again. Night wiped the tears from her eyes.


“Don’t listen to her! One day, you will fly, I know it. Just because you can’t now, doesn’t mean you never will. And none of what she said was true, she was just trying to bring you down, because you were so happy, and getting so much positive attention from us.” Night smiled. Stardust smiled back, and hugged him. She proceeded to hug Sunshine and Bubblegum. Then, the whistle blew, and they lined up, just like the day before, and proceeded into the cafeteria. Stardust was lucky to have found such great friends, and to have such strong bonds with them, especially since it was only the second day she ever knew them. After lunch, the four agreed to go up to Ms. Stars, and relay to her what had happened at recess.

Author's Note:

I'm too nice for this. I am terrible at insults. :derpytongue2: