• Published 15th Nov 2016
  • 394 Views, 8 Comments

Project Stardust - Starry Wisp



Stardust isn't a normal pony, she's an alicorn. But not just any alicorn filly, she was born from earth ponies. And a long line of them too. But something isn't right. Her wings aren't growing properly.

  • ...
 8
 394

Chapter 9- Royal Opportunities- Age 8 and 2 mo.

Stardust was sitting on the couch watching TV, when Moonflower checked the mail. She ran through the door, and Stardust turned to face her.


“Stardust, there’s something here for you. It looks fancy.” She gasps. “It says it’s from Princess Celestia herself! These typically say, ‘From the Council of Princess Celestia’, meaning it’s not directly from her, but our princess of the sun took her time to write to you! This is amazing!” Moonflower was getting very excited, and she didn’t even know what the letter was about. Stardust took it with her magic from Moonflower’s hoof, and carefully opened the wax seal with Celestia’s sun cutie mark embossed on it, and opened the gold-paper lined envelope. Stardust read it aloud. It read,


Dearest Stardust Sky,


It has recently come to my attention from my doctor, and your former school that you are but an ordinary unicorn. You are an alicorn, and a special one, indeed. I have heard great things about your magical abilities, and I have done some research to see if I can find the root of your alicornhood from your ancestry. I believe I have found a document with some relevance, and recall a certain event in time, where the connection is made. I also would like to see if you would qualify to enter my school for gifted unicorns. Your grades have shown that you are definitely capable of great things. I invite you and your family to meet me in my castle in Canterlot to address these matters. I have great faith in you.


Yours Truly, Princess Celestia


Stardust and Moonflower’s jaws had dropped in shock of what had just been read.


“I have been noticed by Princess Celestia herself, invited to her castle and her school, and I might finally get one of my questions answered?” Stardust paused. “THIS IS AMAZING! I can’t believe this!” Stardust jumped off the couch with excitement. Moonflower was still in shock of what amazing achievements her daughter had accomplished, let alone that she was an alicorn. Finally, Moonflower spoke.


“Stardust, this is wonderful! I have to go call Dad. When does it say we have to meet her in Canterlot?” Stardust looked over the letter, and she immediately grew concerned.


“It says December 12th… That’s tomorrow! Mom, we’ve gotta pack!” Stardust said, worried if they would make it to Canterlot. Moonflower trotted to the phone, and called Proud Sky, telling him to take off of work for the next few days, and to come home and prepare. She also told him what Celestia said, and how proud she was of Stardust. Stardust ran upstairs to pack. She took her pastel blue tail bow and the matching head bow out for the next day, along with her special locket, which still had the picture of her family, along with her friends on top of a tuft of Bluey’s fur. She would put Bluey in there tomorrow. She packed a cute, flowy, magenta skirt, and another purple one. She also packed a blue headband that matched her bow. She zipped her bag, and put it downstairs. She was so excited, but also pretty nervous to impress Equestria’s highest level princess. That night, she was almost too excited to sleep, but she grabbed her book, Daring Do, and the Quest for the Sapphire Statue, and continued until she grew tired, and she put the book away, and drifted off to sleep.

Author's Note:

The next chapter is mind-blowing, so be -prepared!