• Published 15th Nov 2016
  • 393 Views, 8 Comments

Project Stardust - Starry Wisp



Stardust isn't a normal pony, she's an alicorn. But not just any alicorn filly, she was born from earth ponies. And a long line of them too. But something isn't right. Her wings aren't growing properly.

  • ...
 8
 393

Chapter 5- After School Excitement- Age 6 and 5 mo.

Stardust ran towards her awaiting parents out of the front doors of the school, and gave them a hug. Proud took her saddlebag, and placed it over his back.


“How was your first day?” Mooflower asked.


“It was so much fun!! It was awesome!! I met so many nice ponies, and I decorated my locker with my magic! And my teacher, Ms. Stars, is SO nice! Well, except when she has to be mean to the mean colt, Bolt. Then she’s mean. But just to him. Otherwise, she’s SO SO NICE!!” Stardust spoke very fast, and jumped on those last two “so”s.


“I’m glad. Was Bolt ever mean to you?” Proud asked.


“Nah, he just kinda ignores me.” Stardust said, now skipping ahead.


“Well, if he, or anypony else ever bothers you, just show them the kindness in your heart!” Proud responds.


“Okie! Come on, I have a picture of me, my teacher, and my friends to show you!”

Once they got home, Stardust sat on the couch, and gestured for her parents to join her. They sat down, and Stardust levitated her saddlebag over to herself, opened it, and took out a neatly folded white piece of paper. She unfolded it, showing many colors drawn in crayon on it. There was Stardust, with Ms. Stars on the right of her, then Sunshine. On Stardust’s side, stood Bubblegum, then Night. Behind them, was the school. They stood on grass, with the blue sky and clouds above them, and a quarter-sun in the corner of the page, with sun rays beaming off of it. Stardust pointed to each of the ponies.


“That’s me, that’s my teacher, Ms. Stars, That’s one of my friends, Sunshine Fields, that’s Bubblegum Rose, my other friend, and Night Comet, my other-other friend.” She gasped. “How are they all gonna fit in my necklace!?!”


“We can take this picture, photocopy it, make it smaller, and put in in your locket!” Proud explained.


“Cool!” Stardust jumped up onto her hooves and flittered. That was all she could do with her wings, though.


“What do you say, we go get some first day of school ice cream?” Moonflower offered.


“Sure! That sounds great!” Stardust flittered once more.


“But first-” Moonflower added.


“Aww…”


“But first, can you try teleportation? First, use this pencil, and move it from the table, onto the floor,” Moonflower grabbed a pencil out of Stardust’s backpack, and placed it on the coffee table. Stardust stepped back, and focused her magic to the pencil. It started to glow, and wiggled a bit. Then, it stopped. Stardust was breathing heavy.


“You can do it, don’t lose hope!” Moonflower encouraged. Stardust continued. The pencil glowed once more, and poof; it was beside the table, on the floor. Stardust didn’t realize it had moved, so she was still straining to move it.


“Um, Stardust? You can stop, now.” Moonflower said. Stardust opened her eyes, and got back into a normal standing position. She looked on the table, but did not see the pencil. Then, she looked on the floor, and there was the pencil.


“I did it! Woo! I feel like I can teleport myself now!” Her horn started to glow, sparks flying from the tip, and poof; Stardust disappeared from the room. Then, they heard excited screeches coming from upstairs. They turned to see a very happy Stardust running down the steps, and at the final steps, she hopped and flitted to the ground.


“This is the best day ever! Maybe I can teleport us all to the ice cream shop! I’m feelin’ magical!” Stardust exclaimed.


“Maybe you should give your magic a rest?” Moonflower suggested.


“But this is so much more fun! Come on!”


“Alright, it is her ‘best day ever’,” Moonflower said as she and Proud Sky stood up off the couch. Stardust’s horn glowed once more, sparks flying, and then, poof, there the family was in the local ice cream shop. Stardust was admittedly dizzy from not being used to using that much magic at once, even though it wasn’t much. All she previously knew how to do, was make stuff appear, open doors, levitate; the simple things. After a few seconds, she was better, and ready to get ice cream. She got a chocolate ice cream cone with brownie bites in it, Moonflower got a strawberry-vanilla-mint swirl, and Proud Sky got peanut butter and chocolate, with peanut butter cups and brownie bites inside. This is what Stardust called, ‘the best day ever.’