• Published 30th Nov 2011
  • 2,817 Views, 39 Comments

The Human Tail - D'Koda



The 6 ponies who wield the elements of harmony have been captured by Discord! Can anyone oppose him?

  • ...
2
 39
 2,817

Chapter 5

The library was quiet. Nopony had any idea what to do. And even Pinkie was at a complete standstill. Something that Twilight assured Thomas was thought of never being possible.

Thomas got up. "I'll do it." he said, grimly. "I'll give myself to Discord."

"Sugarcube, that ain't gon' help nothin'" Said Applejack. "This is Discord. He ain't gon' give Rainbow back if you give ya'self to 'im."

"Darling, I appreciate the gesture, and I'm sure Rainbow would too, but he plays by his rules." Rarity added.

Thomas sighed. Was this it? Had they truly lost? Rainbow was the Element of Loyalty, and without her, the remaining 5 elements would cease to work.

"I... I'm going for a walk, said Thomas, walking outside. Nopony seemed to notice that he'd taken his wallet with him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Rainbow... Raaaainbowwww... Wake up, Rainbowww..."

A very groggy Rainbow Dash barely opened her eyes. "Ugh... wh-where am I?" She asked, rubbing her head.

"Aww, Rainbow doesn't know where she is?"

Suddenly, Discord appeared, holding a bowl of chickpea soup, and offered it to Rainbow. He was tearing up a little bit, and sniffling every so often.

"Discord?"

"I-I'm sorry Rainbow. You were the only one I could save before he got to the Library. He left you lying out there, with such an awful bump."

"S-save? What'd that guy do to my friends!?"

"Not just your friends... but... A-ALL OF PONYVI-HI-HILLLLE!!!" Discord broke into tears, and appeared to be absolutely hysterical.

"Whoa whoa whoa! Easy, big guy. What did that pegasus do? Tell me!"

"V-very well..." said discord, in the midst of sniffling and crying, as he clicked his fingers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Discord and Rainbow appeared over a devastated Ponyville. The library was burnt down, the Carousel Boutique was nearing collapse, Fluttershys Cottage was in ruins, and what looked like...

"No... No..." Rainbow said, walking over to Twilight.

Bites and hoofmarks were visible all over her body. She was barely breathing, and was struggling to get up.

"C'mon Twilight, I'll help you." Said Rainbow, as she tried to nuzzle herself underneath Twilights belly, but just went straight through her.

"Rainbow," said Discord, "I'm sorry, but this is just after I saved you. I couldn't do anything for her."

Soon, a red pegasus appeared, with deep red eyes, and an evil grin.

"I don't want to see this again!" Cried Discord, shielding his eyes.

Rainbow stepped back, and glared at the pegasus, which took no notice of her. He walked straight over to Twilight, and whispered in her ear. What? What'd he say? But it wasn't important now. He got up onto his hind hooves, and came straight down again.

"T-Twilight..." sobbed Rainbow. "No..."

He looked down at Twilight, and laughed. Then, he turned around, and laughed even harder. The next place he was headed to? Sugarcube Corner.

"I... I'm so sorry, Twilight" cried Rainbow. She moved close to her again, and sobbed on her lifeless Unicorn body. "I'm so sorry, Twilight!"

Discord turned away from Rainbow, and laughed silently to himself. This was his best prank yet! Nopony could have mistaken that for one of his famous illusions.

Rainbow got up again. She'd stopped crying. "I'm going to Ponyville." She said.

"R-Rainbow!" exclaimed Discord, putting his poker face back on, "You can't! He's still there!"

"Then thats even more of a reason to go." She said. "I'm the Element of Loyalty, and I'll remain true to that. I want my revenge. For Twilight, For Pinkie, For Scootaloo, Everypony."

"B-but he's too strong, Rainbow! At least wait."

"And why should I wait?" Rainbow said, angrily. "He's a monster! He'll stop at nothing until Equestria is just like where he's from. You said it yourself. He kills for fun."

This was backfiring on Discord fast. He had to think. Think! And then...

"So I can train you in my ways. He's too strong for me, but if it was you and me..."

Discord clicked his fingers, and a Rainbow coloured horn mysteriously appeared on Rainbows head. Instantly, Rainbow howled in what sounded like pain, but instead, it was knowledge. Discord was teaching Rainbow Dash everything he knew, in seconds.

And finally, Rainbow stopped. And she laughed.

"If its you and me, Discord," She said, "we just might win."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Without either princess, the day had lasted for 3 times as long as it should've. And now, everypony was taking notice. Some had even wondered what connection Thomas had to it all. He was the newest member of the town, and the moment he arrived, was when everything turned sour.

But Thomas didn't care. All he wanted right there and then, was isolation. And thats exactly where he was headed. Without a second thought, he walked straight into the Everfree Forest, and instantly, he was reminded of home. Looking directly up, the clouds moved freely, and he could actually hear thunder. He stopped. There was nobody near him, so he opened his wallet, and looked for one photo. With a little bit of trouble, thanks to his hooves, he finally got it out.

"Dad, you were right," He said, "I am a failure. Not only did I fail you, and mum, but now I've even failed my new friends. I'm a disgrace."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An 8 year old Thomas sat with his aunt, in the cemetery. Two coffins were wheeled in. Nobody needed to say anything. They knew who was in there. No one more than Thomas himself.

Once everyone had been seated, one person came up to the stand.

"Good evening everybody. My name is Terry, and I will be in charge of these proceedings this evening," They began.

"We are gathered here, to not only mourn the loss of Mr and Mrs Heart, but to remember and celebrate their life, and to look after who they left behind. As Mr Heart frequently said, "Today is not the last day we see each other, and a reunion will always happen in the end." Let us take a brief moment, so let these words sink in."

There was a deafeningly loud silence, as everyone looked down. It lasted for an eternity, but it lasted even longer for Thomas.

"As shocking as it is, their son was a witness in the unfortunate tragedy that claimed their lives. No. He is no longer a witness. He is a victim of the dangers of alcohol, and how it claimed both parents. Their new stationwagon was unrecognisable after it was wrapped around the tree, and it was a miracle that young Thomas survived that wreck."

"Since the police have released their statement, I'm sure you know that the reason for their deaths was due to Mr. Hearts Blood-alcohol limit being a staggering nine times over the legal limit, as well as the speed that he was driving at. Let this be a reminder to everybody, that speed and alcohol doesn't mix, and can cause a lifetime of pain and suffering for not just those directly involved, but those indirectly involved."

"Would anybody like to speak up, and say a few words?" Terry asked those in attendance. One man stood up, and made his way to the stand.

"Good evening everyone. I was Roys brother, and first on the scene when I heard the news."

"We all know that Roy loved a drink. But we also know how he let it consume him, just as much as he consumed it. He eventually because a puppet to the drink. Becoming nothing more than a shell. I won't tell you about the scars he has brought upon his wife and child, but I will tell you that he never listened to doctors. I mean, They were only doctors, what did they know?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm so sorry, mum. I'm so sorry, dad." Thomas sobbed.

"I had no idea, Thomas. I'm so sorry." Said a voice from behind.

Thomas turned around, and rubbed his eyes. "T-Twilight...?"

She walked up to him, and nuzzled him, in a bid to comfort him. "I don't know how you could've survived without your parents as a filly. It must have been hard."

Thomas merely nodded. "I-It wasn't the easiest thing." He admitted. He hated the fact that Twilight felt sorry for him, but at the same time, he was grateful. "My aunt and uncle didn't really do much for me. They took me in, and they fed me, but it was hard work, on the farm."

"You used to live on a farm?"

"Yeah, until recently. I'd only just started renting out a small apartment, before Princess Luna came and brought me here."

Twilight nuzzled closer again to him. His heart skipped a beat, but something was wrong. First off, he wasn't a pegasus. He was a human being! Twilight was born here. He wasn't. It would never work. His father would be ashamed. He got up.

"Sorry, I'm just feeling a little bit uncomfortable." He said. It was the truth, yet he had also lied. It was a strange feeling, to be so truthful, and such a blatant liar, all in one sentence.

Twilight nodded, as if she understood. "Lets head back to the library," she suggested. "Why don't you tell me more about your family on the way?"

Thomas didn't feel like going anywhere, but he still felt safe around Twilight, so he relunctantly agreed. However, nothing was said during the walk back.