• Published 30th Nov 2011
  • 2,817 Views, 39 Comments

The Human Tail - D'Koda



The 6 ponies who wield the elements of harmony have been captured by Discord! Can anyone oppose him?

  • ...
2
 39
 2,817

Chapter 4

When Thomas had finished, there were mountains of paper, empty ink bottles, and broken quills. And through it all, there was one thing that could be seen from a mile away.

"I can't BELIEVE Discord tricked us! Again! He tricked us, once, and now he's done it again! He's tricked us again!" Twilight exclaimed, in total disbelief.

"I got it the first time." Thomas replied. "He tricked you. But I have questions I'd like answered myself. In case you forgot those photos in my wallet, I'm not a pegasus. I don't know your world."

"Oh. Umm, sure. Go ahead." said a rather sheepish Twilight.

"Well, I'm going to start with the most important question I have; Why am I here?"

"Well, thats an easy one!" Said Twilight, "Princess Luna teleported you here!"

"Thats not what I meant, and you know it."

"Sorry, just trying to lighten the mood. I should leave that to Pinkie, I guess..."

"You're getting sidetracked."

"Sorry."

Twilight got up and looked through her shelves. Thomas seized this opportunity to get the book that Twilight took away from him earlier. "Mind if I try and help?"

"Feel free."

Thomas opened the book to the first page.

Before Princess Celestia and Princess Luna ruled Equestria, there was one Draconequus that loved the feeling of Disharmony, and saw it as a perfect world. Pegasi swam in water, Earth ponies walked on clouds, and Unicorns didn't even know what magic was. It was truly a world that made no sense. The being of Disharmony was named Discord.

Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, the last remaining Alicorns in all of Equestria, created the strongest magic known to ponykind, the Elements of Harmony, to seal Discord in stone. This would only last as long as either princess was in complete control of the elements, before Discord would be able to escape.

"Well, that explains the 'What is Princess Luna' question I had. An Alicorn, huh?" Thomas thought to himself.

Obviously, he'd been reading and pondering aloud, because Twilight was just staring at him. "You have an amazing reading voice." She said.

Thomas blushed. "Well, I do pride myself in my English. I got full marks in my final exam for it."

"Oh. Thats right. You humans and your exams. So different to ours."

"We live in completely different worlds. There is bound to be differences." Thomas pointed out.

"Oh, Yes. Of course." Twilight said. "Oh yeah! I found this while you were reading that book. Perhaps you'd be VERY interested in it" she added, using her magic to levitate a book over to Thomas.

"...The legend of the Bravehearts?" Thomas asked.

"Its an old ponytale," Twilight admitted, "But we learnt that sometimes ponytales can be true. I know I learnt that when we had to fight Nightmare Moon."

"Well, if you think it'll help, I'll take a lo-"

Suddenly, the front door opened, and 4 ponies jumped right onto Thomas, flinging the book away.

"Girls!" Twilight shouted.

"What'd you do to ah' friend, ya' lyin brute?!" The orange pony demanded.

"Why would you party over somepony dyin' huh?" The pink pony followed suit

"How c-could you k-kill and e-eat animals?" asked the very timid yellow pegasus

"Where are your clothes, you ruffian!?" Demanded the white one.

"GIRLS! Get off of him! Discord lied to us!" Twilight exclaimed

"No, Twilight. Ah' saw 'im chasin' Rainbow around tha' sky. I saw 'im take her somewhere too."

"Applejack, He brought Rainbow Dash here. He helped her after she passed out!"

"T-then why would he throw a party when somepony goes away?"

"Pinkie, They're not parties to celebrate death. They're parties to celebrate their life!"

"And his clothes, Twilight? You can't explain everything, you know."

Thomas piped up, "Actually, I do have my leather wallet just sitting over there. Its not much, but its at least some kind of clothing, I guess."

"And killing animals? T-Thats WRONG!" The yellow pegasus stared straight into Thomas' eyes, and he felt so cold, so alone, so terrified. He broke out into a cold sweat, and started to shake out of pure fear and adrenaline, though he couldn't move an inch. Who knew that eyes were capable of murder?

"Fluttershy, He has never killed anything! Please, stop with your stare. You know how powerful that is. Remind me to run some tests on that one day" Twilight added.

"Oh, dear! I'm so sorry. I was just so angry that I didn't realise. I'm glad I know the truth. I'm so sorry." Fluttershy said, apologising again and again.

"Its fine. Don't worry. I can promise you, I've never killed an animal, nor wanted to!" Thomas said. Never mind the fact he LOVED a medium to well-done steak every now and again, and chicken breast. That was NOT the thing to bring up around herbivores. "I guess the only pony I need to win the trust of now is Rainbow Dash, right?"

Applejack nodded. "Ah' wish ya' luck. She ain't the most trustin' o' ponies 'round these parts."

"She'll come around, and then we can throw a welcoming party! Oh! Oh! And an apology party! A Double party!"

"Erm... Pinkie," Thomas interrupted, but the others shook their heads. "I'd... love to join in on one of your parties?"

Soon, an evil cackle was heard around the room. "Aww, I love parties! Can I join in too?"

"Discord!" Thomas and Twilight said in unison.

As if being called, he magically appeared in the library. "Oh, look at the lovebirds!! I'm so glad that you've been brought up to speed. At least now I'll be able to have some fun. although I'm still very saddened by your betrayal, Twilight and co."

"Betrayal?" Thomas asked.

"Oh? You didn't know? Well, allow me to enlighten you. They were to bring you to me. And look! Here they are! Here I am!"

Twilight walked up to Discord. "You're forgetting what you just said. You said that you were upset that we betrayed you."

"Tha's right! Don't you use your words to mutter this issue, Ya hear?"

The other ponies were sticking up for Thomas, and he couldn't believe it. Until minutes ago, they were going to give him to this thing.

"Aww, isn't this a touching sight? The group of big, scary girls defending a poor, defenseless little boy. Well, I see that I'm not going to get that human the way I intended, so I guess I'm left with no other choice."

With a click of his fingers, Rainbow Dash appeared, floating in her sleep, being held up by magic.

"This is your final chance, ponies. I'm not going to tolerate this any more. You have one week to give this human to me."

"Or else what? Whaddaya goin' to do with Rainbow?" Applejack asked.

Discord laughed. He laughed for a good two to three minutes, and then his face became serious, for this first time in a millennia.

"I'll kill her."

And with a click of his fingers, both he, and Rainbow Dash, had disappeared.