• Published 30th Nov 2011
  • 2,817 Views, 39 Comments

The Human Tail - D'Koda



The 6 ponies who wield the elements of harmony have been captured by Discord! Can anyone oppose him?

  • ...
2
 39
 2,817

Chapter 2

"So, let me get this straight," Thomas started. "You're a pony princess named Luna, who was sent here by your sister Celestia, also a princess, who is fighting a guy called 'Discord' as we speak. Your warriors wield the 'Elements of Harmony,' which are the only thing that can beat this guy, have been trapped in a dungeon because Discord played a trick on them?"

"Yes."

"And where do I fit in this, again?"

"I don't know," Princess Luna admitted, "But if my sister sent me to you, then surely you must know of something that can help?"

Thomas sighed. "I've never even heard of talking ponies, except on a girls show. And even then, They're not real, so then-"

"Are you saying I do not exist?" Princess Luna asked, taken aback by the statement.

"No no! Absolutely not!" Thomas exclaimed, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that. I mean, You woke me up because you were in the kitchen with my saucepans stuck on your feet, I mean, hooves. And now we're in my lounge room, having a chat on how we're going to stop a half pony, half goat, half snake, half lion, half eagle monster?"

"I do believe there are too many halves in your description of Discord, Thomas." Luna pointed out.

"Yeah well, I apologize, your highness, but I'm sorry. I just graduated from high school, I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed. You're better off finding somebody else."

"Tool in the shed? Somebody?" Luna was very confused at these words.

"Its a saying that we have. and somebody, as in, a person. Some other person."

"You humans and your strange language..." Luna commented.

Thomas sighed. "You're waiting for me to say 'Yes,' aren't you, Princess?"

Luna simply nodded. "Time is short. And I was told not to leave until you agreed to come with me, to Equestria."

"Well, I'll go get ready then. I'm not going to some strange land in my nightwear. And who knows how long it'll be before I'm back."

Princess Luna stayed quiet

"...I will be coming home again, right Luna?"

"Oh, of course. Once Discord is taken care of, we can send you back." she said.

Thomas heard the uncertainty in Princess Lunas voice. But she was a princess after all. Its not like you can just turn down royalty! How cold and heartless could Thomas be, to disregard a Princess' pleas for help.

"I'm going upstairs to get changed. I don't know whether you wear clothes where you're from, but as a person, we tend to keep our bodies hidden mostly." he instructed.

"Are humans that embarrassed of their own bodies?" Luna asked.

"No, its just etiquette for us not to walk around town naked." Thomas replied. "Stay down here. If you can figure out how to work the TV, feel free to use it, but remember, keep it quiet. My neighbours would still be asleep."

And with that, he dashed upstairs.

"Oh, one more thing!" Luna called out, "You can't enter Equestria as a human! You'll be too obvious! So..."

Lunas horn began to glow with a mystical light, and soon enough, a red smoke began to move from Lunas horn, upstairs, straight to Thomas' Room. He breathed it in, not seeming to notice any change in smell or even see the smoke. He'd just finished taking off his pants when he noticed that his back was starting to feel a little bit itchy. Intrigued, he took off his shirt to see what was going on.

There was a pattern of feathers on his sides. He panicked. "Luna? LUNA!? Help! Please!" There was no answer. Then....Pop! Pop! poppoppoppop! All of a sudden, the feathers popped out of his flesh. He imagined that normally something like that would hurt a lot, but evidently, something was holding the pain away. It was nothing more than numb. Sure, he felt the feathers coming out of him, but if anything, it was soothing. Like a cool summer breeze. He looked at the rest of his body. And it was a strange sight. He felt something tingling on his lower back, and upon investigation, a red ponies' tail began to grow. It grew, and grew, to go with the brand new pegasus wings that had just... grown... from his back. There was a sickeningly loud SNAP! and sure enough, Thomas' face began to bulge out to reflect a ponys face. Again, you'd expect bones breaking to be excruciatingly painful, but Lunas spell seemed to remove the entire pain feeling. Didn't stop the feeling that it should though, and to Thomas, that just felt awkward. There was a lot of awkwardness about the entire situation that he was in. Not just his face breaking, or the fact that he was getting a little shorter, and his ears moving up the side of his face. His questions weren't yet answered. Why would a pony princess with a horn and wings go after him specifically. If her sister is the one that sent her, why didn't she go instead of making her sister do it? And what DO you call a unisus pegacorn thing? That last one was an easy ask, but the rest just felt wrong.

Thomas felt that his change was over. Slowly, he walked over to a mirror, and couldn't believe what he saw in the reflection.
He was a remarkable orange-to-red colour, with a slightly darker shade of red on his mane and tail. He tried to stretch out his wings, and noticed a tattoo style item on his flank. He turned to look at it. It was a Heart, that appeared to be standing in front of something else, as if defending it. Another heart, perhaps? He couldn't make it out.

Soon enough, the bedroom door opened, and Princess Luna stood in the doorway. "You humans have many strange rooms. I simply must come back one day to try some of the things inside!"

Thomas shook in fright, and anger. "What... What did you DO TO ME!?" He yelled, jumping at the princess. Soon enough, he realised he was trapped in the air, unable to move.

"Calm down, and I'll let you go." Princess Luna replied, rather calm. "We don't have too much time to talk. We need to move."

"And WHERE do you plan on taking me? To your Equestria? Need I remind you that I'm not a pony, and that I still think that I like my clothes and wallet? Two things a person should never leave home without!"

All of a sudden, there was a loud crash, coming from lounge. "He's here!" Princess Luna exclaimed, before taking a piece of parchment out. She began reading it intensely, dropping Thomas on the ground, in a mess of feathers.

He got up. "Who's here?" He said, half asking, half demanding.

"Oh my, It looks like the darker half of the two got to the human first! What a bother! I still won't let you get away from here you know!" Said a rather smuglike voice, coming from downstairs.

"Theres no time to explain, Thomas! We need to go. Now!"

Thomas picked up his wallet from the floor. If he was going to go naked, that would have to do, if where he was going didn't wear any, but theres no way in hell that he was going to leave without that wallet. "mmkah" He said, with the wallet in his mouth.

Princess Luna moved up to Thomas, placing a hoof on his back. Soon enough, Thomas felt as if he was floating. He took one more look around his room. In the corner, his laptop was left on, with a picture of his family as the desktop. Over there on his dresser was the last thing he ever received from his father, a letter telling Thomas how much he wished he would do something with his life. It was certainly one of the worst things that a father could give a son, but to Thomas, it was one of the things that he treasured the most. And by the door, a half pony, half goat, half snake, half lion, half eagle monster.

He looked straight at Thomas with pure hatred, before Luna had taken him far away from this place.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The pink pony was getting a little worse for wear, with all her dancing. Her mane had slowly deflated to about half of what it was, and she was looking a little bit sadder than her complete upbeat attitude earlier on. The cyan rainbow pony had stopped yelling at the guards, and instead glared at them with deep contempt. Fluttershy had started to mumble through her tears, and were barely audible. The lavender unicorn had gotten up from where she was before, and for the twentieth time, tried to pick the lock with her magic, this time, with support from the white one.

...click...

Instantly, hope began to fill up inside these ponies. The orange one got up, whilst the others got out of their way, and even Fluttershy moved. Then came the strongest kick that could ever have been made from a tired, famished, and very determined pony. The force of the kick knocked the guard ponies off their hooves, and knocked them out.

"Quick, Rainbow, You put that one in the cell, and I'll work on the other one." The lavender pony said to the cyan pony, as she levitated one of the two unconscious.

"Gotcha, Twilight!" she replied, dragging the remaining guard into the cell, and prompty shutting the door as she finished.

"Alright. Thats step one. The next step, Find Princess Celestia, and stop Discord!" Twilight said. an almighty "YEAH!" was heard soon after.

"Oh, thats so sweet. Looking for your precious Princess are you?" said a rather mocking voice.

"Discord!" Rainbow yelled.

"Oh, calm down, I just wanted to tell you that a certain Red pegasus was seen with Princess Luna. And if you want to see your precious Princess Celestia, I suggest you bring that pegasus to me, and I'll give full control to Princess Celestia again."

"Ah' know when someones lyin' and I gotta say thats gotta be the worst lie ah' heard anypony say!" Said the orange pony.

"Oh, Applejack, I don't think you realise what situation you're in. You represent the elements, but I have the elements. Even if I were to lie to you, this is the best option you have. Besides, I'm not the one you're after."

"And what makes you say that!?" Demanded Rainbow.

"Rainbow Dash, you simply must calm down. I'm warning you, this pony is much worse than I am. He doesn't belong here. He lived in a world full of chaos and now he's in your perfect world of Equestria. In fact, miss Fluttershy, I've not not mistaken, he's from a place where they kill animals and eat them, as pure recreational activity.

"He... He..." Fluttershy just sobbed at the thought of a pony deliberately harming another animal. Ponies aren't carnivores, so why would he eat them!? Thats just sickening!

"And Rarity, Dearest Rarity. This pegasus comes from a place where they simply must wear clothing. A most wonderous thing, so answer this question: Why would he come to Equestria without any clothing? Food for thought?"

"A place where they must wear clothes?" The white unicorn asked herself. "Well, I must say it does sound a little bit odd."

"Oh, Pinkie Pie, I might let you know, they also have a lot of parties over in that world of his, but would you believe me if they celebrated someponys death?"

Pinkie said nothing.

"Applejack, would you believe me if I said that some of the beings in that Pegasi's world make a living through lies and deceit? They have medicines that make people worse, and beings in that world make a living from it! Pure madness, and it just goes to show that you can't trust a word this pony says to you."

"Ah' can't believe that, Discord. How could anypony be so cruel to...." she fell silent.

"Oh and the marvelous Twilight Sparkle..." With those words, Discord finally revealed himself, "Would you believe me if I said he comes from a world without magic? They destroy the world to make things like moving photos that talk! They even have some that fit in your hoof! And if you touch it, it changes! All of it, without magic!"

"Well, it sounds a lot like magic, but there has to be a logical explanation for it all." Twilight replied. "You're forgetting one thing Discord. This pegasus is from another world. So obviously their world would be different to ours..."

"Twilight, its unlike you to forget the most important thing I've just said here. He's a Pegasus. He's nothing more than a pony like you. Clearly everypony else realises this fact as well."

"Well...."

"Look, just give it some thought. Tell you what! I'll even let Princess Celestia have control over Equestria for a few weeks. And look!" Discord clapped is hands, and the six Elements of Harmony fell at his feet. "Don't say I didn't do anything for you. All I ask, is for something in return. Capture this Pegasus for me in the same spell you used to trap me in, and I'll be out of your hooves forever."

And with that, he was gone.