• Published 10th Nov 2016
  • 543 Views, 47 Comments

Rising Sunsets - Bahamut0



The story of Golden Rise and Sunset and their growing relationship

  • ...
3
 47
 543

Chapter 2: One Crazy Day

The next day brought about a rather unfortunate event. Sonata had been kidnapped by Ace's brother Dark Ice. Ace had managed to snap Sonata out of it, but she was pretty exhausted from the whole ordeal. Burst and Ace were able to destroy Dark Ice and his monster partner Dark Mist. Sunset was relieved to hear this. 'And I thought that creep was bad the first time we met him. At least we won't be seeing him anytime soon.', she thought to herself. It was a half day at school that day, which fortunately freed up her and her friends schedules to rescue Sonata and defeat Dark Ice. "I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm spending the rest of the day out.", she said as she took her leave. Sunset stopped by one of her favorite places to eat, and was surprised to see Gold at the same place. "Fancy meeting you here.", she said catching him by surprise. "So this place one of your favorites too?"

"Didn't expect to run into you again so soon Sunset.", Gold said with a smile. "Well since you're here, wanna have lunch together? My treat."

"Sure. As long as I'm not breaking your bank."

"Trust me. I've got it covered." Gold paid for their meal and the two of them worked up quite the conversation. They talked about movies, books, but the thing they talked most about was Duel Monsters. Especially about the monsters that they considered to be their dueling partners. And they grew pretty close over the time they spent together. "Huh. Look at the time.", Gold said as he looked at his phone. "It was nice seeing you again Sunset. But I'd better get going before my Dad starts to worry." Gold called for a ride and waited for it to show up. Sunset was shocked when a limo pulled up and the driver opened to let Gold in.

"At your service Master Gold.", the driver said politely.

"Thanks. See ya Sunset!", Gold said as he got inside and the limo drove off.

'Just who are you Gold?', Sunset thought to herself as she watched him being driven off. Meanwhile, Gold had arrived at his home.

"Hey Dad! I'm home!" Pegasus put down the comic he was reading and went to greet his son.

"Welcome home Gold! I must say you look like you've been soaring above the clouds? Is this because you've found someone?"

"I met someone wonderful.", Gold said in a blissful tone. "She's kind, smart, really pretty, and she loves dueling just as much as I do too!"

"Oh this is wonderful! You must tell me her name!"

"Her name's Sunset Shimmer.", Gold said with a fond smile.

"Oh seeing you like this reminds me of when I met my true love.", Pegasus said as he fondly remembered his long past wife Cecilia. "In fact, I think there's something you should give her if you're thinking of going steady with her." Pegasus pulled Cecilia's ring out of his pocket. "I've held onto this for as long as I can remember. Give this to her to show her just how much she means to you. But only if you think she's the one for you."

"Thanks Dad.", Gold said as he pulled him into a hug. "You giving this to me means a lot. And I think she feels the same about me."