• Published 10th Nov 2016
  • 543 Views, 47 Comments

Rising Sunsets - Bahamut0



The story of Golden Rise and Sunset and their growing relationship

  • ...
3
 47
 543

Chapter 3: A New Day

Gold felt like he was on top of the world the next morning. 'Today I tell her what she means to me.', he thought with a smile as he got ready. 'And maybe I can tell her where I really come from too.' After breakfast, Gold was driven to school and went to meet Sunset. "Hi Sunset!"

"Hey Gold! Nice to see you today. "

"I'm assuming you have questions about my mode of transport yesterday?"

"I did actually. How can your family afford that sort of luxury?"

"Because my adopted dad is Maximillion Pegasus. The creator of Duel Monsters.", Gold said with a smile.

"So Pegasus is your adopted father? You've probably gotten all the best cards from every booster pack!"

"Yeah. But my favorite card is one that he made especially for me. Crimson Dragon. And he's got a really good effect too! Maybe I'll show it off to you."

"Is this your cover for asking me out?", Sunset asked slyly.

"Nothing gets by you does it? How about today after school at the duel park?"

"It's a date.", Sunset said with a smile. As she headed off, she ran into Pinkie who told her about Nightmare Moon hanging around at Burst's house. Sunset panicked and wrote to Princess Twilight telling her and Princesses Celestia and Luna to come as soon as they could. The rest of the day was uneventful until lunch period where she found Gold and all her friends chatting with Nightmare Moon. 'That witch has my friends and Gold under her control! Better not make her suspect anything.' Sunset challenged Nightmare Moon to a duel and lost, but was taken aback by her kindness. She certainly didn't act like the dark persona of Princess Luna that wanted to bring eternal night. But Sunset still had part of her guard up. Gold noticed and approached her.

"Moon seems to be in a better mood than she was yesterday.", Gold said.

'Yesterday? He's seen her before?' "Really now?"

"Yeah. Just yesterday she seemed pretty upset, so I tried to lift her spirits. Looks like it worked."

"How nice. And how long has she been staying with Burst?"

"Two days. Speaking of relationships, ready for our date today?"

'Okay. None of them are being mind-controlled. Maybe Nightmare's changed. Just like I did...' "Sure am! Can't wait!"

"Great! See you then!" The rest of the day passed by quickly, and Sunset soon found herself on her date with Gold.

"Hope you aren't expecting me to go easy on you!", Sunset boasted.

"You kidding? I like a girl that can kick my butt!"

Gold: 8000
Sunset: 8000

"Ladies first.", Gold said.

"What a charmer.", Sunset said with a smirk. "I special summon Guardian Eatos since I have no monsters in my graveyard! Now I'll equip her with Celestial Sword Eatos! Then I'll set a card face-down and end my turn. Your move!"

"I draw! Nice! I summon Statue of the Holy in defense mode! I end my turn."

"I draw! I play Ancient Rules to special summon Seiyaryu from my hand!"

"Now I'll activate my Statue's effect! Since you special summoned a monster, I can destroy my statue to special summon two spirit tokens in attack mode and they can't be destroyed by battle!"

"Well it's too bad you'll take damage! Attack!", Sunset said. Both monsters slashed at he tokens making a deep cut into Gold's life points! "That's all for my turn now."

Gold: 2500
Sunset: 8000

"Good move. But when my back's to the wall I always rise to the occasion! I tribute my two spirit tokens to summon Crimson Dragon!" A dragon that looked like Blue Eyes except with bright red scales, a dark red underbelly, and crystal wings descended and let out a mighty roar! "Now I'll activate his effect! I can target and destroy one monster you control and Crimson gains their attack points! I'll choose Eatos to boost him up to 6000! I'll also activate Mystical Space Typhoon to destroy your face-down! Attack Seiyaryu! Crimson Plasma Arc!" Crimson charged up a blast of energy that was unleashed at its peak in a powerful beam!

"I guess I over did it a bit.", Crimson said as he noticed the wisps of smoke that came from where Seiyaryu once stood.

"I end my turn with setting a card."

Gold: 2500
Sunset: 4500

"You weren't kidding when you said Crimson had a good effect. But I'm not out of the duel yet! I play Hand Destruction! Now we both discard two cards and draw two new ones! Now I banish a light monster and a dark monster from my graveyard to special summon BLS!"

"I don't think so! I activate my trap! Imperial Iron Wall! Now neither of us can banish monsters! Meaning you can't bust out BLS!"

"Didn't see that coming.", Sunset said with a smile. "I set a card and end my turn."

"My move! I draw! I'll play Remove Trap! This destroys a trap card on the field! And I think I'll destroy your face-down!" Sunset watched as her Draining Shield card was destroyed. "Now Crimson Dragon attacks you directly for game! Plasma Arc!" Crimson fired his signature attack and wiped out the last of Sunset's life points. "Hope you're not too sore about losing.", Gold said as he walked up to her.

"Are you kidding? That was one of the most fun duels I've had!", Sunset said. "Sooo...wanna make this a thing?"

"Is that your cover for wanting to be my girlfriend?"

"Nothing gets by you either.", Sunset said with a smile. "I can't explain it, but I feel close to you. Some part of me just tells me to be with you."

"Well Sunset, I fell for you when I first laid eyes upon you. You're smart, kind, and you're really beautiful. In fact, there's something that I want to give you to show how much you mean to me." Gold searched in his pockets and pulled out the ring Pegasus had given him. "This was my late adopted mother's. My Dad told me to give this to the girl I thought was the one for me. And Sunset, that's you."

"Gold...", Sunset was awe-struck as Gold put the ring on her finger. "It's beautiful."

"Hey look. The sun's setting.", Gold said as he motioned to the sun going over the horizon. He turned to Sunset and pulled her into an embrace. "My shimmering Sunset." Sunset smiled as Gold held her tight.

"You really rose to the occasion.", Sunset said with a smile as she leaned in and kissed him. "I love you Gold. That's what that feeling I had was when I saw you."

"I love you too Sunset." The two of them watched the sun set together, and looked at each other lovingly. "You light up my life.", they said to each other before they got up to leave. Each of them feeling complete by finding their other half in each other.