• Published 10th Nov 2016
  • 544 Views, 47 Comments

Rising Sunsets - Bahamut0



The story of Golden Rise and Sunset and their growing relationship

  • ...
3
 47
 544

Chapter 1: The New Kid

"Hey Sunset!", Rainbow Dash called out to her. "Some new guy is going up against Burst! You've gotta check it out!" Sunset stopped reading and decided to see Burst dueling with whoever this newcomer was. When she got past the back of the crowd Sunset finally had a good view of the new challenger. He had gold-ish skin and yellow and orange hair. And from the looks of things, Burst was about to win.

"Absolute Neutron Blast!", Burst cried out as the attack wiped out the last of his opponent's life points!

"The rumors don't even measure up to your skills!", Golden Rise said. "You're even better than people say you are!"

"So how did you plan on helping me fight whatever evil force I need to take down this time?"

"Easy! I'm dueling alongside you!"

"Glad to hear it! I've gotta get going to my next class soon, so I'll see you around!", Burst said as he went off to his next class. Gold was about to leave as well until he noticed Sunset. And she noticed him looking at her. Neither of them could explain it, but they felt some sort of connection to each other. Not wanting to waste any time, Gold walked up to her.

'I guess I'm not the only being from Equestria that wound up here. From the feel of her magic she was a unicorn. She's also quite beautiful.', Gold thought to himself with a smile as he got closer to Sunset. "Hi there!"

"Oh. Hi!", Sunset said back. "You were the one dueling Burst Stream earlier. He's pretty strong right?"

"The rumors don't do him any justice. Nice to meet you by the way. My name's Golden Rise. But just call me Gold for short. What's your name? It's gotta be as pretty as you look." Sunset giggled at the compliment.

"It's Sunset. Sunset Shimmer.", she said with a smile.

"It was lovely meeting you Sunset. See you around.", Gold said with a smile as he left for his next class. All the while, Sunset had him on her mind for the rest of the day.

'Gold....why do I feel close to you? Well for whatever reason, I'm not complaining. It's a good feeling I get from him. He's pretty cute too.', Sunset thought to herself with a smile as she went to sleep to see what the next day would bring.