• Published 22nd Nov 2016
  • 585 Views, 6 Comments

Nightmare and Dragon - alfonso_rd_33



After Princess Luna was purified, everypony thought the Nightmare was destroyed… it was, but Nightmare Night will offer it a chance to shine anew… or it would, but a certain outsider Alicorn has Something to say... it won't be pretty...

  • ...
15
 6
 585

Chapter 4 - The Vampire Killer!

RARITY'S P.O.V.


After the Nightmare Night festival ended I decided to get Sweetie Belle back to the carrousel so she could get some sleep, then as I was moving to my workroom I heard the sound of some sort of explosion.

"Goodness gracious what was that...?"

I will admit that I usually don't get distracted by those kinds of things, but that felt like it was important... In fact, it almost felt like it felt the first time I used my gem locating spell, so I decided to go investigate it.


Rarity ran across Ponyville as the dying light of magical power faded, her coat shimmering in the moonlight when she saw Twilight running in the streets, horn aglow as she cast a complex spell, also noticed that Rainbow Dash was flying barely in front of Twilight. This convinced her to join her friends in their trot, noticing that Rainbow seemed to be a bit more anxious than usual.

"Twilight darling what's going on...?"

Asked the posh unicorn as she managed to keep up with​her friends as Rainbow said quickly.

"Magical explosion... The Everfree... Fluttershy might be in trouble..."

This certainly showed Rainbow's plight, a good, certainly a good possibility, so Rarity offered.

"And we will go investigate it, yes...? But what about our other friends... You know, Applejack and Pinkie Pie...? Shouldn't we​gather them too in case we need the extra power...?"


TWILIGHT SPARKLE P.O.V..


After I left Spike back at the Treebrary I raced across Ponyville, using my horn to try to locate the residual magical imprint of the violent explosion of power that had just happened around the Everfree Forest. Yet, upon looking skyward I found Rainbow Dash already flying towards the Everfree, or more specifically, towards Fluttershy Cottage, so I decided to call upon her.

"Rainbow Dash! Down here! It’s me, Twilight!"

I shouted, hoping to get her attention, thankfully I did so and Rainbow slowed down if only to keep up with my speed as she said to me.

“Twilight… did you see the strange lights around the Everfree…? I think something bad happened there and Fluttershy is still bunkered in her cottage…! I need to go help her…!”

“Calm down Dash, yes I did see the magical explosion around there, think pretty much everypony saw it, but so far I don’t think there’s much to worry, I am tracking the echoes of the explosion, and will investigate it, but of course we will check on Fluttershy first.”

I assured Dash, yet my plan was quite simple for the time being: track the origin of the magical explosion, and hope the girls would feel the need to investigate, thankfully Dash was already on the case if only to make sure ‘Shy was OK, which added an extra layer of worry to the situation alright.

“Hey, Twilight… Where are you going…? Did you see the fireworks over the Everfree? I think everyone saw them, and wonder who had set them up because it was a super fun idea and...”

And there was Pinkie, bouncing at my right side, at the very same speed I was running, a carefree expression on her face as she kept bouncing and looking at me, her chicken costume long discarded as I had done to my Starswirl outfit, as she kept bouncing, talking and smiling… just what I did not need, Pinkie distracting me from the complex task of tracking the explosion…

“Pinkie dear, slow down… don’t you see Twilight is busy trying to follow the… contrail… of the fireworks…? Because those were magical fireworks… and might not even have been fireworks…”

Said someone, which happened to be Rarity, as she trotted to my left, a mere pony length behind me, but her words had the intended effect, as Pinkie stopped mid bounce, suspended some moments as she matched Rarity’s stride, and started chatting with her, placing herself behind me, so I decided to ease Rainbow’s and my own worries so I said.

“Rainbow, Go on ahead to Fluttershy’s Cottage and make sure She’s OK, we’ll catch up later with you two.”

Of course Rainbow didn’t need to be told twice and she zipped away, taking the fastest route to the cottage just as Applejack came from the road leading to Sweet Apple Acres and said something, yet I was so focused on following the trail I did not get what it was but thankfully Rarity and Pinkie got it and soon All of us were on the loop, so the stage 1 of my plan was at least successful, which helped me to slow down, as the trail started to get cold, forcing me to try to find another strand of magical residue.


Princess Luna was astonished by the last minutes' events, as she was allowed a quite rare chance to fight against one of the best fighters in creation, of course, the princess wasn't aware of this information, as she contemplated the events leading to her current predicament. She had felt that Poncho was in trouble, so she rushed to help him, as there was something wrong being felt in the night only to find herself stopped by what it seemed to be another Alicorn, one claiming to be Poncho's friend, a theory supported by the fact of her using strange magicks, similar to those used by the Alicorn of Ponyville.

"I see you use similar magicks to him, stranger, yet that doesn't mean that I will allow you to hurt my little ponies...

“Oh but Princess, you can’t stop me… He himself can barely contain me, and while I admit you are powerful, we are far beyond you…”

Was the unknown’s reply, as she swiftly dodged the blast of magic the moon princess threw at her, By slowly and lazily floating to the left, and then countered with another “Soul Fist” which let Luna see how the power shifted to a flaming serpent’s skull before piercing it with another beam of lunar magic. Sadly, this left the moon princess vulnerable, as a strange sound was heard and within moments, the “Alicorn” was before her, Princess Luna barely being able to watch the wings shifting back from the strange contraption the newcomer used to impulse herself, but only for a moment as the stranger started hitting the Princess quickly with her hooves, which suddenly were covered in all manners of spikes and blades, inflicting plenty of pain on Princess Luna.

“See what I mean…? You might have great magical reserves, but your world has made you soft, unaccustomed to real combat… so, in the end, that power you have is meaningless…”

Continued the now revealed to be a bat-winged unicorn, as Princess Luna fell to the ground, dazed by the combination attack as she crashed into the Everfree, her impact causing a small crater to form as the bat-winged unicorn landed gracefully close to the fallen Princess…


"Huff… huff… What do I need to get them to stay down…"

Said Poncho as he faced not the same amount of shadow ponies he had fought after his henshin sequence but twice as many, the Shadow Alicorn looking at him amusedly as he stepped back, trying to get some space to plow anew at the Shadow Ponies, only to hear the howl of a Timberwolf in the distance… Which made the Alicorn-turned-Dragon of Ponyville Laugh a disturbingly creepy laugh...

“OK, you *yay*s…! If the Eternal Light of the 5 together won’t banish you out, I might need to bust some pro’s skill set to dealing with Tartarus damned abominations like you…!”

As a new song was heard starting, the five-colored suit melted down, all traces of its existence gone as a black bodice covered the Dragon, a couple of gauntlets covering his claws, and he then Jumped! Spinning in the air as a pitch-black trench coat fell from the sky, he quickly donning it, catching a circular hat as he landed before placing it on his head, his face obscured save for the blood-red eyes looking at the soulless abominations before him as a metallic whip sprouted from the right gauntlet before the dragon spoke solemnly.

"This might not be the real deal, but I will allow you to feel the bite of MY Vampire Killer…!"

Said that the Dragon launched himself at the shadow ponies, as 8 giant energy crosses seemed to come out from the top of the overused right gauntlet, spinning around the dragon, obliterating every shadow pony they came in contact with, losing mass after each hit… the poor unfortunate shadow ponies that managed to get past the cross barrier swiftly dissipated by whiplashes aimed surgically at them...


"Oh My… what’s going on…?”

Said a certain butter coated Pegasus as the sound of heavy impacts was heard even as far as her Nightmare Night fort, located in the safety of under her bed Fluttershy knew that by that time she was comfortably asleep seeing Nightmare Night was almost over, but this night sleep had eluded her, and she was quite frightened, that is, until the sound of an explosion was heard, after that, she felt not the usual Nightmare Night fright, which convinced her to go check when it seemed the heavy impacts were more knocks on her door knocks that weren’t stopping…

“I’m coming!”

Was the simple answer to the unknown knocking, only to gasp at her surprise as, in her front door, hundreds of animals, known and unknown, coming from the Everfree were chittering anxiously.

“Now, now everypony, calm down. I can’t understand what you all are saying if everyone tells me at once.”

Said Fluttershy, any fear that she had pushed to the back of her mind, her animals needed her to be strong, and the animals from the Everfree seemed panicked, so she moved her focus to a manticore, the same one that she had helped back when she and the girls found the Elements of Harmony, said manticore growled something as it saw Fluttershy looking at it.

"Monsters in the Everfree? Shadow Ponies? A… A DRAGON!?"

Asked Fluttershy as she deciphered the language of the manticore, the fear slowly returning to her, almost panicking when she was told a Dragon appeared moments later after the Shadow ponies manifested. To Fluttershy, this was bad, she was terrified of Dragons, and the prospect of facing one terrified her to no end, especially alone, thankfully, before she could mull on the idea a cyan and rainbow blur lifted her off her hooves.

"Fluttershy! Are you OK, no one hurt you, right? Please tell me you are OK."

“Um… Rainbow Dash… I’m Okay…”

Whispered the butter coated pony, looking at her oldest friend, whose face was etched with concern. That was one of the things she found more endearing of Rainbow, she might appear tough as nails on the outside, but on the inside, she was the sweetest pony ever.

"Are you sure? I mean, I saw the Magical Explosion and..."

Thankfully for Rainbow Daring Dash, the arrival of her friends saves her of being extra mushy for longer than necessary, quickly rebuilding her tough exterior as Fluttershy says.

“Oh, girls… you came… I’m so glad everypony is safe… the animals of the Everfree were just telling me about monsters, shadow ponies and a Dragon deep in the Everfree.”

This, of course, caused the girls to look on confused, as Fluttershy looked at them before Twilight said.

“Oh? And how come you aren’t sealed in your cottage, Fluttershy? I mean, I’m glad you’re OK but I know you practically barricade yourself at home during this night.”

To this, Fluttershy looked at Twilight and gently said.

"I honestly don’t know… I was with my Animal friends in our fort, but then I heard some sort of explosion… and afterward... the night didn’t seem as scary as before…"

“Well, then I guess if you wouldn’t mind, I think we should go investigate that thing of monsters and shadow ponies and the dragon, don’t you agree, darling? Let us take advantage of the night seeming friendlier than usual.”


Princess Luna was tired, the strange unicorn before her had been fighting her, pushing her to her limits, and worse of all, she had been laughing all the fight, yet the Princess knew she had hurt the stranger, who only looked to the equally beaten Princess before saying.

“Well, it seems the fun is over… he’s had enough fun for a night, so I have no reason to delay you any longer, Lunar Princess”

This said, the strange Pony seemingly melted on the floor, as a portal appeared beneath her hooves, carrying her down, giving the Moon Princess a parting gift…

“Fighting you was fun Princess Luna… I hope we fight more in the future…”

Author's Note:

Yay! Finally New Chapter...! Next Time All parties + 1 converge and we'll get set up for the climatic final battle...