• Published 17th Nov 2016
  • 730 Views, 8 Comments

Lost Soul - TheMajorTechie



A young man loses everything... only to find it all again. (A story commissioned by zyhenderson.)

  • ...
2
 8
 730

My Last Day on Earth

It was supposed to be nice outside today. It was all over the news for the past week.

High sixties all week. Expect partly cloudy skies throughout your day.

It's amusing sometimes to see just how wrong predictions can get. As for the weather, it was pouring outside. The fat drops of rain drummed on the window, shattering the concentration of those in the classroom with their pop quiz. It felt pretty relaxing as well, to just simply... lay back, and listen to the rain.

I imagine that many other people do the same, but I'm no psychic. Or at least, I think I'm not. It's all a matter of perspective. You see, if I were to be transported maybe two hundred or so years into the past, along with all the various devices we take for granted, many would likely call for either my worship or my burning, as I'd have what they'd call the powers of a god. Either that, or as I said earlier, I'd be killed for the usage of "dark magic". So to say that I'm not a psychic could easily contradict itself, depending on who you ask.

A note landed on my desk while I was gazing out the window. I paid little mind to it until my trance was broken by a light punch on the arm.

I found a better guy.

-Mary S.

Oh. Shit.

Well, I guess that's that... I'd better get back to my quiz, before the be--

BBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNG!!!

Aw, fuck.


I trudged through the halls to my next class. I'll have to explain myself when I get home...

The rest of the day was on par with the raging downpour outside; miserable. Class after class, all I could think of were two things: My grades, and my (now former) girlfriend. Honestly though, I don't really feel like giving a fuck about it right now.

As one may predict, the rest of my day was quite horrible, even after school ended. It was still drizzling outside when it did so, and so I had to feel the soppy wetness of my socks souping up my shoes until I got home, when I immediately tore them off.

I came back out in some decent boots, and headed out for school again. I had a few club meetings to attend, after all.

It was already beginning to grow dark outside, and I hadn't realized it until I was blinded by the headlights of a car.

At least, I'm pretty sure that it was a car. If cars had mesmerizing rainbow headlights that make you feel high.


Twilight watched in horror as the Golden Oak Library smoldered, the remains of the tree blazing fiercely. Though she paid little mind to it, she saw what appeared to be a small... rift.


And so, let's just say that those "rainbow headlights" I saw kinda sorta sucked in a large portion of the road, me included. I awoke with a pounding headache, and from the looks of it, the cause is probably a large chunk of asphalt that sat beside me. I felt blazing heat scorching my back, and I immediately tumbled forward to avoid it in my confusion.

Turning my head to see what the source of heat was, I found a massive tree. I normally wouldn't have paid much attention or concern for it, but the tree was on fire. And from the looks of it, it was in it's final stages of burning. Aside from a small portion of trunk and the roots, it was totaled.

I turned back around, only to meet face-to-face with... a purple pony?

I can tell that this day's only gonna get weirder. I'm betting right now that I'm just hallucinating from a horrible head injury after a car crash, and in reality, I'm laying peacefully on a hospital bed, and everyone's gathered around, hoping that I'll wake up soon. In fact, it's pretty probable that--

"Um... sir?"

Oh, ok. A talking purple pony. Great. Feeling reeeaaaal trippy now, brain. You can stop it now.

"Are you okay?" the pony asked.

I raised a brow, and began crawling towards the pony. I had just noticed that said pony happened to be some sort of unicorn-pegasus hybrid, as well. Either way, I just wanted to feel something other than the still-burning ground.

The pony stepped back in surprise, and made what seemed to be a shield out of thin air.

I can only assume that the pony, who I'm pretty sure is a mare, created the shield in self defense. After all, it's not every day when a skinny teen falls out of the sky. It's just not normal. So... yeah, I'll have to cut her some slack for almost smacking my face with a shield.

The mare dropped the shield, of which simply vanished into nothingness. She once again stepped closer to me, her large eyes fiercely inspecting me.

I waved my cut hand at her nervously. "Hello?" I finally said, startling the pony yet again.

After several seconds of continued staring, the mare finally dropped her gaze, and replied, "Um... hello. I'm Twilight."

Well then. So she does have a name. I might as well give mine now.

"I'm Asger," I replied. My eyes darted around the area, taking in the unfamiliar scenery. "Where am I?"

'Twilight' sighed. "Ponyville," she said in a depressed tone, "or at least, what's left of it."

Obviously, anyone could tell that some sort of destructive force had crashed through here recently. I proceeded to ask what it was specifically. Long story short, it seems like this creepy-ass centaur named Tirek rampaged through here recently, before getting PWNED by the 'Elements of Harmony', which included this Twilight mare that I'm talking to.

Talk about badass. Geez.

Author's Note:

Not my name choice, it's zyhenderson's.