• Published 29th Oct 2016
  • 982 Views, 132 Comments

The End has Begun - Bronycommander



The third world war is raging across Earth. A Grenadier of the European Federation Enforcer Corps lands in Equestria. Can he convince the ponies, that he is friendly and not the enemy?

  • ...
9
 132
 982

Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Warning:This chapter contains content that may be disturbing to some readers, and not meant for some eyes. For any sensitive readers, viewers discretion is advised.

You have been warned

Perspective: Dinky

I awoke slowly with a blurred vision. I tried to move but to no avail. I was restrained on a chair. My magic wasn’t working. Looking up, I saw some kind of ring around it.

“About time you little brat!” a man with a blue shirt and a black ski mask looked evil at me. Another man in a green uniform probably a Colonel was next to him.

“Hello there. I am Colonel Imran Makarov. You’re will be great use to us.”

His voice was cold. “P-please don’t kill me.” I pleaded.

He looked at the masked man. “Do want you like. But don’t kill or hurt her. She and the others are no use to me dead.”

“Yes, sir.” He flipped the chair over.

“This won’t hurt… much. And it is legal.” He putted a cloth over my face.

My heart raced. Panic came as water entered my nose and lungs. He wanted to drown me!

The panic rose as I couldn’t breathe. I will die! Then the water stopped and I gasped for air.

“Please! Stop! I don’t know anything!”

He laughed. “I don’t torture for information’s. I do it for fun.”

Again he tried to drown me. I struggled but to no avail.

“The more you struggle, the more the torture.”

What was I supposed to do?! I feared for my life! Mortal agony for Celestia’s sake!

He stopped again. I coughed. “Make it stop! I beg you!”

“We’re just getting started.”

I will drown! I will drown! I was at my limit. “Please, I can’t take it anymore!”

“That’s enough.”

“Just when the fun was at its best!” My torturer complained.

“We got plans for you. Bring her to the others!”

“Yes, sir!”

They blindfolded me and dragged me somewhere.

I was thrown to the ground. The blindfold was removed. Everything hurt. My friends were unharmed. We were in a basement. “Girls?” My voice was weak.

“Dinky? You look terrible.”

Sweetie belle looked at me in shock. “T-they’re tortured me!” They all hugged me tightly.

“Don’t worry, Dinky. Help will come eventually. We must have faith. And Peter will find and save us.”

“Thanks, Scootaloo.”

“That’s what’s friends are for.” Apple Bloom smiled. But the plan they had, was something which would break our faith.


Perspective: Peter

I came to, only to find myself under a tree. A dream. Man, I must be weigh more injured than I thought.

“You’re awake.” Luna landed next to me.

“Hello again.” I greeted as she sat down.

“That was one of the most brutal battles I have ever seen. But no civilians were killed and Battlegroup 1 defeated the terrorists. And your actions saved many innocent lives, including many children.”

“I only did my duty. And I do whatever is necessary to save the lives of civilians and children. Children don’t deserve to die in war or in the hand of bad guys. They are our future.”

She smiled. “That’s right and you showed it when you saved the hostages in Manehattan. You have a few broken rips from the crash and some cuts but nothing serious. Rarity repaired your gloves and Dr. Whooves repaired your watch. Your friend also survived.”

I let out a sigh of relief. “Good to know. He’s the only friend left. Apart from the CMC. Wait, how long was I out of the fight?”

She looked at me worried. “Two days. We couldn’t find them. But the war is over. See for yourself.”

She showed me a speech of the General.

“Colonel, the war is over, and the European Federation is the victor. The torch of our civilization, lit scarcely two years ago, has weathered the tempest of a global conflict to burn as a solitary beacon of hope or all mankind. We are the heroes of this new era. Fighting at my side, you have achieved glory, even perhaps immortality. For Europa Colonel, victory always.”

“The war is finally over.”

“Yes. But we still have to save the foals.”

“What are we waiting for? Wake me up; I have a mission to do!”

“As you wish.” Her horn flashed and my vision became black.

I was in a hospital bed again. Tom was in a bed next to me, awake. EKG’s monitored our heart rates. “You’re alive. I thought I had lost you.” Tom gave me a weak smile.

“Luna showed me that the war is over. Can you believe it?”

“Yes. But we have to find the foals. As you already know, the Spetznaz we’re encountered in Cherbourg are a splinter faction of the Russian Army. They allied themselves with the Phoenix Connexion, as the Forgotten Army was completely wiped out.”

I looked him confused. “That’s strange. The Phoenix Connexion is known for being ruthless towards other factions. Why would they do that?”

Dr. Stable trotted in, interrupting our conversation.

“You’re awake, good. How are you felling?”

“Good, surprisingly good.” I answered.

He smiled cheerful at me and Tom. “The painkillers work better than I expected. Also, both of you are recovering well, so tomorrow, you should be able to leave.”

Clear Amber and Ask Mark were guarding the door so it must be night. Dr. Stable wished a good night and leaved.

Amber looked curious at me. “Do you want something?”

“You spoke about the Phoenix Connexion. What are they?” She asked with fear.

I cleared my throat. “A Terrorist organization. Having established a reputation for killing anyone that gets in their way, the Phoenix Connexion is one of the most feared terrorist groups in Eastern Europe. Formed shortly after the breakup of the USSR. They are responsible for more than 100 murders, and believed to have been involved of the 1985 murder of U.S. Army Col. James Clancy in Berlin. Has carried out Terrorist acts in several countries including Spain, Yugoslavia, Romania, and the Czech Republic. Masters at sniping, and also adept with explosives and reconnaissance. Their strength is not known, but their numbers are increasing. Latest estimates put their numbers as high as 2,500 across Eastern Europe. Many members seem to be ex-Soviet soldiers.”

“C-could it be that they hold the foals as hostages?”

“Could be Ash Mark. But that is what we need to find out.” I yawned. “But now I need some sleep. Goodnight.”

I slept peaceful but prayed that they would be still alive.

In the morning, we were released. Tom and I spent the day with helping out in town. In the evening, Celestia and the CMCs families wanted to talk what would happen now.

“So, the war is over. What now?” I asked Celestia.

“Now, you can go home to your family. We will miss you.” Celestia was sad, loking to the ground.

“We will miss you too.” Storm tried to hold tears back. “But still… If the European Federation finds any life sign of our daughter, can you inform us?”

“Don’t worry, I won’t rest or stop until I have found them.”

For some reason, my Phone showed Breaking News. Thanks to a spell, all residents of Ponyville, including the Wonderbolts could watch it.

“Breaking News! A group calling itself ‘Ultranationalists’ broadcasted this just minute’s ago. Oh my god…”

A man in a colonel uniform of the Spetznaz was in the picture.

“Our so-called leaders prostituted us to the European Federation...Destroyed our culture...Our economies...Our honor. Our blood has been spilled on our soil. I cannot allow Russia to be subjected to the dispensation of Europe. This world is not yours alone. And the civilians are equally guilty as your soldiers of European fascism. At 5:30 PM Eastern Standard Time, European civilians captured in the war of extermination against Russia will be executed. Their death’s broadcast for the world to watch.” The broadcast ended.

“Broadsword, Locksmith, report at once at the base for briefing.”

“Copy that. Sorry but I think one last mission and then I can go home.”

“We will watch everything. Good luck.”

Twilight said goodbye and the guards and Wonderbolts saluted us.

At the base, my and Tom's Platoon get reinforced by new men. “We're losing them as fast as we're getting them.” I commented before we were heading out to the Altay Mountains in Russia where the broadcast came. A former nuclear launch facility that was taken out of operation after the shield went online.

JSF Ghosts were also deployed to assist us in a joint operation.

One last battle and then… finally I can go home.

Author's Note:

One final mission and he can go home. For thes who don't know, the Phoenix Connexion is from the Counter strike games