• Published 29th Oct 2016
  • 982 Views, 132 Comments

The End has Begun - Bronycommander



The third world war is raging across Earth. A Grenadier of the European Federation Enforcer Corps lands in Equestria. Can he convince the ponies, that he is friendly and not the enemy?

  • ...
9
 132
 982

Chapter 21

Chapter 21

I woke up with a gasp and breathed heavily. Cold sweat was on my face. “Dinky!” Peter hugged me tight. “Shh, it was just a nightmare, calm down.”

It was just a dream. What a relief. It was morning. My friends yawned and woke up.

“Morning, girls.”

“Morning, Dinky.” They said together. An Eaglefly flew by.

“Hello? Can you hear us?”

“Daddy?”

“Yes Dinky, it’s me. I repaired the Eaglefly and can control it remotely. We thought we can look after you.”

“Nice Idea from you, but we have no time for a chat. We got hostiles moving in from the north!” Peter grabbed his weapon.

“Locksmith, we're clear of the Bog, thanks for the assist. We'll hold down the left flank and provide supporting fire, out.”

Tom pointed to the sandbags. He didn’t have to say it twice.

They fought off enemy’s but helicopters were about to drop reinforcements.

“Enemy air assault! Get ready! They're moving on both our flanks!”

“Take out those choppers!” Peter ordered his men and they did it.

“Right flaaaank! They're moving in on the right flank!” Pablo fired at incoming hostiles.

They retreated and we moved up into the streets. “Uh, Locksmith, Broadsword, possible ambush area up front. We'll uh move up when you've cleared the area ahead of us, over.”

“Watch for silhouettes on the rooftops!” Tom told us to stay behind. I was scared and so were my friends. But I felt safe with Tom's, Peter's and Pablo’s men.

“Soldiers stand clear. We're gonna get some rounds into those buildings!” Untersberg told everyone. The Eaglefly followed us. It was not damaged.

“Shining Armor put his shield spell on it, so they can’t destroy it.” Daddy laughed.

“Good to know. Incoming missile, everybody hit the deck now!” Peter screamed as a bad guy fired a RPG from a balcony.

The missile missed us but we coughed from the dust.

“Gunner, three story building, 11o'clock, second floor! Target acquired. Fire!”

As I and my friends were near the tank, it deafened our hearing and our ears ringed. Tom said something but we couldn’t understand it. “What did you said?” Sweetie Belle asked.

“I said, move from cover to cover and we’ll keep you alive!”

I gave a weak smile but the fear was still in me. The Europeans suppressed enough enemies in the streets. “Locksmith, Broadsword, we're moving up.”

“Roger that.” Then I saw the firepower of the Panther tank. The buildings collapsed after just one shot.

The tank moved up, we used it as cover, while the infantry cleared building for building.

“Broadsword this is Untersberg we clear to uh...uh we clear to advance, over?”

“Roger that! Move up and hold position at the bend, over!” “Roger, movin'.”

As Untersberg moved, the hostiles retreated. “Hey, they’re fleeing!” Scootaloo pointed that out.

“Stay sharp, could be a trap!” Pablo warned. “Stay close.”

At an alley, Apple Bloom peeked around the corner and was almost hit but Pablo pulled her back. “Open Fire! Pin 'em down!”

Tom assisted Pablo in moving a dumpster for cover. With a well-aimed missile, Peter destroyed the window where an MG was. Then they kicked the door open.

“Breaching! Breaching!” We came up to a blown second floor, as a T-80 and bad guys came up the street.

“Enemy tank! We’re done for!” Apple Bloom panicked.

“Untersberg, Locksmith! T-80 behind the building at your 10 o' clock! Can you engage, over?!”

“Roger that Locksmith, I got him on thermal, switching to manual.”

Sweetie Belle screamed as the T-80 aimed at us and was about to fire, but Untersberg came up to the corner of a building hidden from the enemy tank.

“Takin' the shot.” Untersberg fired through a steel door and wall, and hit the enemy tank, which sparked and exploded and its turret was blown off.

The soldiers cheered. “Woo! Yeah! Woo! Yeah!” a regular soldier threw his arms in the air.

“Did you see that?!” a Kommando commented.

“That's what I'm talking about, baby!” a Grenadier added.

“Nice shot Untersberg. Lot' o secondaries. Now let's get the kids to safety.”

“Comin' through. Roger Locksmith. So...uh, hehe, are we there yet?”

The soldiers helped us down. At the end of the street, a Gadfly and a Whirlwind landed. “Yes.”

We all got in the Gadfly, while Untersberg got into the Whirlwind. It really generated a windstorm.

“Heads up!” Tom and Peter held off enemies as the helicopters took off.

“Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. Enjoy the flight.” The pilot said.

“And back home they think this is all fun and games.” Pablo rested.

“You did well out there. You can be proud of yourself.”

“Thanks, Sir.” He replied to Peter.

“Bad news. They hit the fuel tank. We must go to a nearby base.”

We all sighed. “Does that mean we can’t go home today?”

“Don’t worry about that, the next base is close to Ponyville, Scootaloo.” the pilot replied

This surprised and confused not only us but also the soldiers. “I don’t know anything about a base here.”

“You’ll see, Tom.”

After some time, I could see my house. “Hey, I can see my house from here!”

“Yes, a beautiful view.” Sweetie Belle nodded.

The base was hidden in the Mountains. It was an Air force base. We got out and were leaded to the barracks.

“You should rest. You earned it.” Peter said in a fatherly tone. He really cared about us. Frankly, I prayed that he would survive the war and returns to his family. Also I hoped that he would visit Equestria after the war is over.

“Okay.” I yawned and fell asleep.


Perspective: Peter

Pablo watched them for us. I headed to the Gadfly to inspect the damage.

It was a miracle that the fuel was enough to reach the base. It looked like someone had fired a MG on it.

After fixing it, I talked to Tom. “Did you know that we have a base hidden in Equestria?”

He shook his head. “No, but as far as I know, the Germans used this secret base in WW2. It was discovered by the Americans but never used by them. Well, until we started to use it.”

“The Germans were very careful as they built it. That’s why we never discovered it.” Twilight explained to us with the drone.

We repaired the Gadfly but it was low on fuel so we had to find another way to bring them home. Lucky for us, Badgers were on the way here. They were supposed to arrive in the evening or in the next morning.

“Look who we have here.” A known voice came from behind.

We turned around. Another Kommando from the platoon Longsword walked to me.

“Hey, Markus! Long time not see!” Markus was an old school buddy from me. He was not a Brony. But he wasn’t a hater either.

“How’s the family?”

I smiled. “Good, but I miss them and they’re missing me.” He was a caring but aggressive man.

“Then, it’s good for you that Europe is going to win this war. I just wonder why the Forgotten Army is better than ever.”

“Good question.”

The rest of the day went quietly. At night, I stood guard. Nothing to report.

I yawned as someone whistled. “Hello?” I walked into a corner. “Report unnecessary.” I said to myself. Then someone grabbed me from behind.

“Stay quiet and you might live.”

“Who…”

“Shh… Where are the foals?”

“I don’t know what you talking about.”

“I take no joy in killing, but make no mistake. I do what needs to be done.”

“I have a wife and a son. But I am trained against interrogation.”

“It looks like you forgot to shave this morning, let me help you out a bit.”

“What… Hey! Okay. There are asleep in the barracks. And if you harm them, you have my comrades on your tail!”

“I am just here to guarantee their safety like you.” He choked me until everything went black.

Tom and Markus woke me up. “You’re alright?”

“Yes. Some kind of American spy is after the foals.”

“Then let’s move!” Markus took the lead.

They were still asleep. Pablo was sitting next to them. He was tired but checked his gun to make sure that it wouldn’t malfunction and kill or hurt them.

“They’re like angels when they’re sleeping.”

“Indeed. And everyone who tries to harm them must go through me.” Markus was maybe aggressive but he used it to defend others.

We all were startled by an explosion. The kid’s eyes shot up in fear. Then a second explosion, much closer than the first. The foals were so scared that they jumped in mid-air on their beds.

“What’s going on?! Are we under attack!?!” Dinky shouted.

“Yes.” I showed no fear and wrapped her into a blanket and held her close to my chest. Tom took Sweetie Belle, Pablo Apple Bloom, and Markus Scootaloo. They all pressed their heads against our chests and were shaking as they were very frightened.

“To the bunkers!” I shouted before a third explosion that was VERY close, almost threw us all off balance.

“If I get the guy who messed up with the warning…” Markus wasn’t able to finish, as Tom grabbed him by the collar to drag him out.

I and Pablo left the barracks, foals in our arms, ready to protect them of one of the biggest battles we would fight. And one of the most violent.

Author's Note:

Lets hope they survive. This chapter was based on the mission War Pig from Call of Duty Modern Warfare